It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there no field researcher for ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Travel, culture and truck stop cuisine. That's the ticket! Roaming the countryside exploring stories and interviewing witnesses. Performing clandestine meets with whistle blowing deep throats. Taking ATS's inquiring minds beyond the keyboard and straight to the horse's mouth.

I think it would be a nice touch to have an unbiased journalist investigator. Someone who can physically walk on to a site and answer questions based on member's questions. Take pictures and solve contradictory conjectures. Even talk to the police or hit a local library. I've seen ATS do similar things in the past. With Johnny Anonymous' journalistic style thread summaries to those street reports. Now if we could just get someone into the front lines, it would just take this site into a whole new level.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
s& f good idea i would love to see that lets blast phage into space for episode 1

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

I said unbiased lol

ETA: or do you mean literally into space?
edit on 20-2-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I thought we had something like a couple of hundred thousand of them? That's what makes ATS so awesome!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

But everyone has to get off their butts

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
an ATS 'version' of, say, 20/20 or 60 Minutes???

intriguing, to say the least ...

[ETA]

despite that being what the site is all about already!?

edit on 2/20/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I thought we had something like a couple of hundred thousand of them? That's what makes ATS so awesome!

with people all over the world, this is spot on!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Yes yes, now we're talking. Just the hard facts.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
And what would really make it awesome if some of these interviews were done live and on a webstream format similar to radio. I bet we could do that on Saturdays from 9pm-midnight Eastern Time and call it ATS Live. Maybe even make a forum for it and an indicator in the floating ribbon...maybe...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by billdadobbie

I said unbiased lol

ETA: or do you mean literally into space?
edit on 20-2-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)
yip get him up there with howard wallowitz

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
IIRC Johnnyanomamous is a Big Foot Researcher....

I do agree, the whole ATS community are in-house reporters and field researchers. That's why I look for my new news here first.

Des

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Sure, ATS is already an amalgamation of its members, but some members can only do so much. What's different is someone with the dedication and the time to investigate the reports brought in by members. Boots on the ground so to speak.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

We, the collective of ATS, are already doing just what you suggest. Everyone already brings stories, testimonies, photos, videos, theory's, rumors, and even mythology back here, where it can be analyzed, sorted, and considered. But if you mean doing it in a medium that can be recognized and disseminated to the public as a type of media outlet, well, I just don't see that happening. It would ruin the day of too many net trolls lol lol lol

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

didnt this actuall happen once ??? - i am certain that " ATS jornalists " were once authorised - with an ATS backed press credential

maybe i dreamt it - or it happened inanother dimension that i havesince ` fallen out of ` - who knows

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I do remember one guy who used to go round and do all of that type of stuff for ATS, but he kicked the bucket

I do like the idea. It would be a great way to independently verify stories. It would also be great to get the ATS name out there more...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I do field research (seriously) but it's pretty esoteric and off the wall (currently working with the Food Alliance on stopping aerial spraying for mosquitoes.) I also do citizen science programs for Audubon -- so my audience is a lot bigger than ATS.

I don't know if any ATS members have been to any of my public outings. Per ATS rules, I don't advertise here.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If the "field researchers" did not come to the conclusion that the reader already knew for fact before reading up on the subject then the field researcher would be written off as a shill or disinfo agent. Then there would be a whole bunch of rules and stuff until it became like the 9/11 forum-dead

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RandyBragg

It's funny you say that because I was thinking the same thing. Like what could ever possibly go wrong ...?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by FlySolo

didnt this actuall happen once ??? - i am certain that " ATS jornalists " were once authorised - with an ATS backed press credential

maybe i dreamt it - or it happened inanother dimension that i havesince ` fallen out of ` - who knows

You didn't dream it. In fact it prompted me to start my own production company and become a stringer for other news organizations, covering more mundane stories like forest fires and natural disasters here in the Rocky Mt. West. Have DSLR, will travel.

I also make documentaries, music videos, and chasing money for a feature film about something I saw posted here on ATS. Who wants to be an executive producer?
edit on 21-2-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
we should have a "field research project " forum a place where members can meet up post some idea's , and invite other members to join ! if they are in the area ! that would be great ! maybe branch off and make ATS field chapters !

just saying !!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join