It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trolls with multiple handles

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I can only hope that all of us, those on either side of an issue, can unite to get rid of the trolls that appear to ruin threads.

(Lets all hold hands)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

I googled people getting killed over text. Apparently text can lead to death.

Texting while driving, anyone?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
for what its worth, trolls with multiple ids tend to take the point of view of the southern poverty law center, , splccenter dot org...
check it every day to find the theme dejour.. todays headlines, nazis killed sikhs , gay marriage ban is bad, immigration is good, banning it is cruel and bad.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well said Beez.....I'll go with your "Love Circle" idea......Gun Control, Sandy Hook, 9-11 are "hot button" issues...healthy debate is certainly warrented IMO....and it is a shame when those threads go "South" because of an unwillingness by some to respect other's opinions......

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It seems as if he/she follows another poster around harassing. Even she emailed me saying the same thing. All I know is he is not respected by me and I will leave a thread if he is in there. Life is too short to be upset over the internet with a troll.

I would not let it get to you MamaJ, life is too short to lose sleep over it.

I think threads would be alot more productive and enjoyable if people could at least in knowing that they are so far apart that there is no hope at all for common ground just agree to disagree and move on. There are those posting in this thread whom I have strongly disagreed with on other threads, but at the end of the day they are just people like me who also happen to put thier pants on one leg at a time. To accuse someone of being a troll because you disagree with them is just plain ignorance.

Edit: I would like to add that those same people I have disagreed with on other threads, I find myself in agreement with them on different topics.

edit on 21-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: Edit

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I can only hope that all of us, those on either side of an issue, can unite to get rid of the trolls that appear to ruin threads.

(Lets all hold hands)

Reaches for furry bunny paw, while singing Kumbaya.....

Des

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
I am now convinced (as many of you are aware) there are various trolls with multiple handles whose sole purpose is to infiltrate well meaning threads with obfuscation and red herrings and with the intent to dummy down and discredit whatever topic is being discussed.

Now, these are not your typical die-hard skeptics or die-hard believers. These are people who intentionally try to railroad threads with nonsensical arguments or off-topic rants.

You can usually spot them due to their activity level, stars, flag counts, etc. They usually don't have avatars but that does not preclude them from having more of a prominent presence.

ATS is a free forum, for the most part but I believe if these people minimize their activity, this place will be a better place to discourse, debate and have well meaning discussions.

I don't have a avatar, as i don't wish for anyone to get an image of me which i may impose upon them. I believe everyone must form an impression of one, based on one's writings. Also i don't know how to upload it

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

reply to post by MountainLaurel

Thank you ladies.

I think most posters here can recognize when someone is trolling versus someone who is posting a differing opinion. Heck, I can be a fly-in-the-ointment on any number of threads. But my purpose is to stimulate debate. To challenge the posters.

Never to punish them.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have this hunch that a lot of people might consider me this type of troll, I don't know why, probably my name lol.

I don't have the time or morality to do it though.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It seems as if he/she follows another poster around harassing. Even she emailed me saying the same thing. All I know is he is not respected by me and I will leave a thread if he is in there. Life is too short to be upset over the internet with a troll.

So what happens if he/she enters this thread will your confront the Troll or leave thread?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thank you ladies.

I think most posters here can recognize when someone is trolling versus someone who is posting a differing opinion. Heck, I can be a fly-in-the-ointment on any number of threads. But my purpose is to stimulate debate. To challenge the posters.

Never to punish them.

The greatest test of endurance is that of time. When you present the audience with unbreakable glass, I'm the one who walks up with an aluminum bat and either makes or breaks you. That annoys some people, but I guess those are the people who should be worried.

But I don't post anything out of malevolence.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by votan

I googled people getting killed over text. Apparently text can lead to death.

Texting while driving, anyone?

Salmon Rushdie has not died yet while texting, his driver may eventually kill him in a similar ruthless way disguised as a Taliban Cab Driver answering dispatch.
edit on 21-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Closed for staff review.....

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

This thread will be removed shortly.
edit on Sat Feb 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join