It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greens and Libertarians, Do you agree?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Im tired of democrats saying the green party steals democrat votes and republicans saying libertarians steal theirs.....have you ever thought of why us 3rd party supporters vote 3rd party? because a\ we're tired of the crap your 2 parties are full of, b\ we want REAL change, c\ WE WOULDNT VOTE FOR YOUR PARTIES EITHER WAY!

that being said, please stop your bitching and accept these 3 facts, you only look like cry babies, you win nothing either way, if your party loses, too bad, dont blame us for it.

yes im a bit mad, now i'll go calm down and i wait your replies.

i posted this on another board, i labelled it "REPUBLICAN and DEMOCRAT ARROGANCE", do you guys feel as i do regarding this?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I vote Libertarian because I think it is the best path for our country to take.

I dont believe in either of the big two and USUALLY dont vote for them unless I have no other choice

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It's difficult to determine whom you are addressing in your post: Greens/Libs or Dems/Repubs. Your title and last sentence appear to address the former, everything in between appear to address the latter.

Regardless. I vote for no party; I always try to vote the candidate. Philosophically, Libertarians are closer to Republicans and Greens are closer to Democrats. No party is even close to perfect.

It's a fact that there is a finite pool of voters; the more candidates available to vote for, the less each candidate will get as a total. I hear people stating that fact; I don't hear anybody whining or crying about it.

That's about all I could cull from your post. That and why you wouldn't vote for Dems or Repubs. Did you want to present a case on why third party candidates are a better choice?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I don't agree with much of the republican stances and while I don't like the Bush administration I flat out refuse to vote against, rather than for, a candidate. I'll vote democrat if I have no other choice, but in this election I am really disliking the tricks they've been playing. I've looked around a bit and found that the green party suits me the best. I don't think anyone will ever agree 100% with any party's platform, but we need to find the one that suits us best. I think for a lot of people that party is not republican or democrat.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yes I agree. I think we need to take a look at how people run for office in England. I think you need 12 signatures to run for Parlament.

That's awesome.

I actually had some of my new Air Force Neighbors over to the house tonight for coffee and cookies so our boys could play together. And I told her about the sign in my front lawn for Badnarik. I told her all about it and how I was excited about their prosepects (mind you, they are for Bush. Just to set it up.).

To that, the wife says "I was always told that the Libertarians were a party that had no chance in winning an election. So I've never looked at them."

I almost died. I couldn't believe that someone had said something so stupid.

It's clear she hasn't really looked at the system we employ.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
Im tired of democrats saying the green party steals democrat votes and republicans saying libertarians steal theirs.....have you ever thought of why us 3rd party supporters vote 3rd party? because a\ we're tired of the crap your 2 parties are full of, b\ we want REAL change, c\ WE WOULDNT VOTE FOR YOUR PARTIES EITHER WAY!

I agree

saying that a 3rd party candidate stole Bush's vote is the exact same thing as saying Kerry stole Bush's vote--the fact still is he's whining about 1 person that didn't vote for him

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobeckyI don't hear anybody whining or crying about it.

Did you want to present a case on why third party candidates are a better choice?

you dont call it whining, what democrats did last election when gore lost, blaming nader for taking votes and giving bush the win?

or the "a vote for nader is a vote for bush"?

etc..

sorry, im not good with words it seems, im not sure how clarify myself here.
and no, it was supposed to show that 3rd party votes are not stolen votes from the big two.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
you dont call it whining, what democrats did last election when gore lost, blaming nader for taking votes and giving bush the win?

You are right. Democrats sure know how to whine.

I was just reacting to what I see as a confrontational choice of words. I guess that some could say that Nader whined because he couldn't get on the ballot in every state. Or Badnarik whined when he stated that he was not invited to participate in the debates. But I wouldn't say that they whined - I would say that they brought up legitimate isues to discuss and remedy.

Unless they actually were whining, of course.

new topics

top topics

join