It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Currency Wars Will Lead to a World War: Gerald Celente

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The favorite prophet of doom sees the not-much-to-speak-of future through the binoculars of analogy:

“I see this as a replay of history,” he says. “I see this as a lead up to world war.”

The history he references is the Crash of 1929, followed by the Great Depression, currency wars, trade wars, then World War. He sees the parallel today being the “Panic of ‘08,” followed by what he believes is a “depression” in some regions (e.g. Spain, Greece, parts of the U.S.). He sees the current currency policies as the currency wars that lead to trade wars, eventually leading to all out war.

finance.yahoo.com...

Analogies sometimes work, sometimes they don't. What are the arguments that would make Celente's dark prognosis no worky, and what are those that would support it?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
For some reason I do not trust this guy. Isn't he supposed to be some kind of mole that's in with the big cats? Only, he hasn't been shot yet. Didn't he claim to have attended a bilderberg meeting or some kind of major economic summit? I don't believe a word this guy has to say.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lamos

I guess till you supply some links we won't trust you either

no offence ment, just sayin

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Generational Dynaimics supports his assertion.

Where he, and other minds have gotten burned, is putting specific dates on these kinds of things.

I don't think a conventional world war is an absolute necessity, but it does seem to be heading that way.

I won't be so foolish as to give a specific date, but as a general guideline, perhaps by the end of this decade.

Maybe sooner, maybe never. Hopefully we can compete by more civil means through innovation and the rise of new sectors of commerce.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This prophet of doom is predicting doom every other day and he is never right. So why should we believe him this time.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

It all ties into a globalist plan of social engineering. Many people naively think that the people who represent the top of the pyramid are oblivious to the nightmarish world their actions have manifested. Or that they are pure evil, and this nightmare-in-the-making is the end goal.

No. They see themselves as the saviors of humanity - the inheritors of ultimate power, tasked with guiding the human race into a so-called Golden Age. And since their agenda inherently puts the human race above any individual, they have no qualms in sacrificing anything or anyone to progress it.

About a third world war, that's what I've heard personally. I forget if it was 2020 or 2025 though. But considering the long-term agenda, it seems entirely reasonable. A third world war, gone nuclear, would accomplish two important goals: 1) It would of course depopulate our race to "manageable" levels, and 2) It would galvanize the survivors of that war to: 2a) come together and seek to adopt a world government, and 2b) adopt a hardcore environmental mentality, which will be the philosophical seeds of this intended Golden Age where humans serve as defenders of our planet.

Some say that the survivors of such a terrifying war would be more wary than ever of globalist plans. Who knows. But outlined above is almost certainly what is going through the minds of our so-called Elite.

Those Georgia Guidestones suggest a human population of 200,000,000. Again, if you wield the power to make or break your own species, it is not going to be morally difficult to decide to cull 95% of the world's population for the sake of the species' survival.

It's important to remember that facts don't necessarily enter into the equation. Yes, the world can probably sustain 100 billion or more if we lived more efficiently. And predicting human behavior is absurdly difficult. But there *are* plans afoot, and these people *do* hold certain philosophies which impact our present/future.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

His timing may be off a bit but his predictions have been right.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

I don't think it makes any sense to have a nuclear world war. The elite can get rid of 95% of us by other means which will do less damage to the environment. Why risk global ecosystem collapse when we're already teetering on the brink (as in, in the coming decades via climate change/human industry) ?

Nobody has a clue who erected the Georgia Guidestones. I see no good reason to think it is related to the elite cabal.

In my assessment, it's more along the lines of what Rahm Emanuel said, "never let a good crisis go to waste". I think a global conflict is inevitable, and a chunk of us will not make it through the process. Check out my intro thread. It seems there's a race between (deliberately or not) destroying the environment as a habitable place for the species as is, and technologically transcending our current biological limitations via transhumanism.

So it's a pretty fluid process in my mind. With each step, more extremes arise, but the end result seems to be a divergence from humanity, and towards transhumanity. After enough of the weakest have been taken care of, the black-ops crazy tech will be let loose, and we'll ... as you say, start to repair some of the damage, and seed the galaxy.

That's my assessment. I don't plan on making it through the transition, but who knows. I'm actually content believing that higher life will make it, and keep on.
edit on 20-2-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Interesting though he's not the only one among a chorus of calls that the outcome could be world war.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Our governments speculate these scenarios religiously. It's certainly not just the Alex Jones' and Celentes of the world.

For example, every ten years the Ministry of Defence Concepts & Doctrine Center releases a report outlining the "future strategic context" likely to face the world in the years to come. The latest report is from 2007 and speculates out to 2035.

The report outlines a nightmare future society in which Marxism again rises, populations are forced to accept brain chips, immigration and urbanization ravages communities, class warfare ensues, and genotype and neutron weapons are used by governments to combat these developments. The MOD calls this report "probability-based, rather than predictive".

- Implanted brain chips as standard for all citizens in developed nations.

- Unchecked globalization that effectively ends the nation state.

- Endemic unemployment, instability and threat to the social order.

- A mass revolt on behalf of the middle classes of the developed world in opposition to rampant immigration, an urban under-class and the deterioration of social order.

- The revival of Marxism as a replacement for religion in an increasingly morally relativist age.

- The emergence of a terrorist coalition, an alliance that opposes the state, from ultra-nationalists and remnants of religious groups.

- The development of neutron weapons that destroy living organs but not buildings. "

The development of neutron weapons which destroy living organisms but not buildings might make a weapon of choice for extreme ethnic cleansing in an increasingly populated world. The use of unmanned weapons platforms would enable the application of lethal force without human intervention, raising consequential legal and ethical issues. The explicit use of chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear weapons and devices delivered by unmanned vehicles or missiles.

In 2006, in the US, Armed Forces Journal carried a story similar to the MODs, it was written by retired Major Ralph Peters.

There will be no peace. At any given moment for the rest of our lifetimes, there will be multiple conflicts in mutating forms around the globe. Violent conflict will dominate the headlines, but cultural and economic struggles will be steadier and ultimately more decisive. The de facto role of the US armed forces will be to keep the world safe for our economy and open to our cultural assault. To those ends, we will do a fair amount of killing.

Oh, and one other dirty little secret from 5,000 years of history, Ethnic cleansing works.

edit on 20-2-2013 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by th3dudeabides
reply to post by gorgi

His timing may be off a bit but his predictions have been right.

Care to explain when ?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

I agree with a good part of that. I'm about the farthest possible thing from an alarmist, however.

I realized that I was greatly oversimplifying the scenario even while typing that out - but I was on a roll and found it "good enough", heh. Connecting the Georgia Guidestones was hasty, I admit, though it wasn't intended to be my evidence for a depopulation agenda - just a cherry on top. Very wealthy people most certainly designed them, and everything about them strongly suggests Mystery School connections, but beyond that is just speculation as you say.

Firstly, the structure of global politics has secret societies above elite thinktanks, which in turn heavily influence powerful elements in politics, industry, finance, military, and media, which in turn influence the course of nations and progression of human society at large. While not a perfect model, it is roughly accurate. Simply put, the influence of some secret societies should not be underestimated.

Secondly, there are not just one or two great agendas being seamlessly carried out by elites and so-on down the pyramid. There are many, represented by the tens of thousands of people who represent the 'capstone'. A great poker game, with 'friendly' competition, with temporary alliances, faked contentions, always-changing tactics to accommodate the always-changing landscape. The only golden rules being, don't rock the boat, and destroy anyone who does. Some preach for a totalitarian society with everybody microchipped - a sort of Brave New World. While others preach for a so-called Golden Age (which I believe is the more favored, based on personal investigations. It also is more sustainable, even self-regulating) where social conditioning makes cooperation the norm.

I still firmly believe that one of the more powerful agendas, generally agreed upon by the whole poker table, is to greatly depopulate the planet. And it's a near-certainty (for reasons I'd rather not get into) that a large-scale conflict is coming which will probably involve the USA and Russia.

The only thing I've really come up with myself in all of this, is connecting the coming global conflict with the elites' plans for depopulation. And nuclear war is a basically-guaranteed method of accomplishing that. You're right though, there are probably much better ways of accomplishing the same task. Especially if you take black projects into account. Nuclear explosives are 70-year-old technology. It would be dangerously naive to assume that we haven't invented something more destructive with fewer "side effects".

If that makes sense =)
edit on 6-3-2013 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

top topics

join