It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines In Afghanistan Prepare for Zombie Apocalypse

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Governments are always trying to find new ways to - defend themselves or some of them - attack their enemies. Some of them got to have at least thought of having zombies in their armies. Think about it: Zombies would be an awesome attack power as they die only by shot in their brain or exploding in very small pieces. Sadly in reality companies doesn't have a huge amount of explosives to spare.

You could fit like hundreds of zombies in a cargo plane and when you are at spot just open the hatch and bulldoze them out. They don't need parachutes or anything, just push them off! If they wear helmets to cover their brains (not their mouths), they would be even harder to kill. Of course most of them lose their ability to walk at the drop but crawling zombies are the sneakiest, as you all have seen the films!

Zombies can't be detected with IR equipment which makes them perfect night time attackers. They are fearsome because they don't fear anything. Creepy.

Working behind enemy lines they would at least make a huge confusion making it easier to break the line. And just hope there's not double amount of zombies waiting...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
the culture of violence from old radicalism to new radicalism.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Sorry ATS, I just couldn't resist posting this.
www.cracked.com...

But then you have Scopolamine or Devil's Breath, turning victims into zombies within minutes.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
This drug has been used for centuries, and you can bet the CIA knows all about it.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Its highly possible for a Zombie Apocalypse to happen. I don’t think it would be the same as the movies. I don’t think people would come back from the dead, but rather be diseased and crazy. Some kind of poison in the air might make people "zombie like". Maybe they wouldn’t feel pain and basic instincts take over. They become barbaric and only want to eat flesh and hunt.
Governments could use this to wipe out populations and cause mass panic.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Had I known this thread would have gone on this long I would have written a bit more about the symbolism but thought most here knew it was tongue in cheek satire.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
My Daughter being a Zombie at Georgia Tech

[Graduating this May]
edit on 21-2-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The whole concept of a "zombie" apocalypse is nothing more than a convenient way to de-humanize those who may be forced to resort to begging or robbery or outright raiding to stay alive.
A "zombie" is a methaphor for your neighbor Ronnie down the street who failed to prep before the economy collapsed.
These guys in the military of a deeper sense of just how evil and Fubar our rulers really are. I suspect they hear murmurs about bioweapons that would ____ your mind.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

My Daughter being a Zombie at Georgia Tech

[Graduating this May]
edit on 21-2-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Sorry Slayer, that doesn't compute.
Zombie superfans and all that you two are, it was like a screen test still that
reminded me of Gail Sondegaard trying out to do the Wicked Witch of the
West for Oz. They did makeup, lights, PT old school (like Punishment Tours ROFL)
They couldn't do it... just couldn't effectively uglify 'er.
Frank said, "We tried Gail, but you're too pretty for anything like the part."
They got you know who in angle with just some green spray paint and a wax
nose extension... and the rest is history. So am I . Great thread.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Don't know if this has been said already.. But this article is from "the duffel blog"..
Nothing on that site is for real.. in case you are new to sarcasm..

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisisnotmyname

Don't know if this has been said already.. But this article is from "the duffel blog"..

Of course it is.

I guess some just don't get it or read a threads content?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
My favorite weapon for zombies is a .22 magnum with oil filter silencer as quite as a crossbow and with head shots it’s all the same. You can carry tons of ammo.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

No most just skip to the end. It's like missing the good stuff in a book. Maybe we should move towards the symbolism of zombiology~

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Even though this reply is going to be embedded many pages into this thread and will likely not be read by many, I want to offer up my opinion. I take any story like this with a grain of salt, and it was sort of tongue in cheek anyway I think. But the truth is that there are people who really believe this crap. Now, let us evaluate the possibility of something like this ever occurring.

Obviously we know of nothing than can actually turn someone into a zombie like the ones in the movies. The truly "undead." Pretty much impossible. But, there is one thing I know that could cause something similar. It is the reptilian brain. If there were some drug or chemical that could strip away a person's conscious thinking, making him driven only by pure instinct, that part of the brain would allow amazing feats to be performed.

There was a true story of a guy lost in the desert who lived for some ungodly amount of time without food or water. He survived through sheer anger and the reptilian part of his brain. He was angry because the guy who was supposed to go get water had not come back. So basically his brain was fried by the lack of water and the heat, but his will and anger, and his primitive drive, kept him alive when he should have been dead 4 times over.

So if there was something that could do this to an idealized person, say someone who was hell-bent on killing Americans, then I would say this is a true zombie. Pain would be much less of a factor, as would fear. They would be present most likely, but just not as important as the motivating factor. This maybe could be done through some type of hypnosis or brainwashing, but I don't know. So maybe there is some type of chemical being dropped in Afghanistan and Iraq that is having this type of effect on certain people. It still sounds crazy, but explaining it in the manner I just did, it is at least somewhat plausible.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Is this serious or is it supposed to be an internal joke?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

SLAYER69, 1 took a read of the OP data & the thing is if they the Marines or some of their higher ranks (considering they are sometimes exposed to sensitive blk auop) situations with possible lab failures and finds during recons ect. are being exposed to some sensitive data found and told to be kept hush, 1 can see why the Marines are doing this behind the scenes somewhat. So if they DO know then... ALso an indicator would be IF OTHER SOLDIERS AROUND THE WORLD ARE DOING SIMILAR THINGS AS WELL.

Very interesting share SLAYER69. From here to there and back again 1 will see the glass is being filled.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by thisisnotmyname

Of course it is.

I guess some just don't get it or read a threads content?

at times got me

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join