It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines In Afghanistan Prepare for Zombie Apocalypse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
what if zombies and the way they are portrayed is metaphorical to what we shall become give it the Illuminati get their way. apocalypse etc. if we all stop thinking individually wouldn't we be robots or more to the point zombies

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think the only zombie movie that is worthwhile is 28 days later, but other than that, I never got into this genre. I agree Neo, Hollywood needs to take the whole thing in a different direction.

I have recently got into the walking dead, but I find it appealing from a psychological perspective, not because I am all about zombies. IMO it isn't the zombies that are the walking dead, it is the humans...but getting off point.

As far as the OP goes, soldiers buying stuff for the big "outbreak" maybe satire, but I know a few who do prepare for this type of thing. I don't think it is because they have any inside intel though.

These kind of guys joined up to live a lifestyle in the military, in part based on survival, combat, training, weaponry...so, this is just another aspect of the sort of thing they have always been into. They dont starve their families to buy guns either, at least not the ones I know.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Wheres my picard facepalm when I need it....Zombies........Zombie Apocolypse..... LOL.....

They must have really vaccinated those marines hardcore to make em that screwed up. Wonder if they make them perform rituals and sacrifices too...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Awory

Satire....

It's a great way to blow

Satire eh?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
imo, Zombies refer to the masses, after their benefit checks stop coming in.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Zombies!!!!!

Nothing a few SALTY Marines can't handle.

In popular fiction there are several ways to destroy zombies (decapitations or gunshots to the head are popular), though according to Haitian folklore the goal is to release the person from his or her zombie state, not to outright kill the person. There are several ways to free a zombie; one is to feed the zombie salt; others say that if a zombie sees the ocean its mind will return and it will become self-aware and angry, trying to return to its grave.

news.discovery.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia
reply to post by SLAYER69

Biggest fear as a kid...a zombie outbreak.

My dad let me watch at a young age... 'the night of the living dead' the black and white version by the great George Romero.

I didn't read all the comments so don't know if this was mentioned...but IMO...I thinks the government has a chemical that could make any one of us a 'zombie'

And I don't think it would be the dead actually coming out of their graves...it would be just a chemical that changes you for the worst... Blahblah

Peace out playas
-nat the crazed cat-

That is the best zombie flick ever. Funny you mention the part about watching it as a kid, it must have been a common occurrence or a staple growing up in certain time periods. That movie has still came back to haunt me to this day. Ahhh the memories.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This thread is interesting.

Has anyone noticed that the use of ZOMBIES with training of any kind,

Is a way to train people to kill people you would normally love and respect, only because they are not human anymore and its ok to put them out of their misery.

Desensitization to program a target to follow orders and kill politically incorrect individuals.

I stress to people. Second guess when officials start talking about zombies.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

You betcha that was Max Brooks that wrote it! Also, author of The Zombie Survival Guide. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnnnnnnd, son of none other than Mel Brooks! (I did my homework).

I can't believe noone has put these two together for a bit of paranoid fun. You do know what they hinted at in Night Of The Living Dead to be the cause of the dead coming back to life, right? A meteor. Yep, those pesky fireballs we've been seeing falling out of the sky all over the world for over a week or so now.

Watch Russia for the first signs of what could become a worldwide event.........

edit on 20-2-2013 by wondermost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Funny, I just read somewhere else where someone said ATS was full of intelligent stuff.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What do you mean IF we get overrun by zombies ?!

Comrade zombie

Wannabe zombie

Zombie, eh ?

Carbon zombie

Grumpy zombie

Dopey zombie

Itchy zombie

Papa zombie

He'll be back zombie

La femme Nikita zombie

Oral is not sex zombie

Copycat zombie

Queen of the zombies

Zombiecare

Zombie bromance

All in the zombie family

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wondermost

NO NO NO it is due to the flu shot that is to prevent you from getting the H6n1a, Zombi flu, the one that makes you want to eat someones face off, but turns you into a dead vamp... "I Am Legend" with will smith anyway got to get one of thees, any one want to buy in? from slayers op

Stevens then angrily cut the interview short after he received an email asking if he would co-sign a loan for eight of his Marines to jointly purchase a school bus and convert it to a “battle wagon” after redeployment. A 35 page attachment of plans and construction diagrams had been added to the request.
Read more: www.duffelblog.com...
Follow us: @theduffelblog on Twitter | duffelblog on Facebook
yea twin 50's front and rear quad 30's left and right 4 flame throwers, 8 40 mm launchers, and that still wont come close... them being marines.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It would be nice , all my Day Z experience would then finally come in handy.

I rather face Hordes of Zombies with a Samurai sword or a Battle axe instead of flirting with woman

It would be a buzz kill if it turned out to be a airborne virus
i dont fancy running around with gas masks for years

TheGreazel.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I like this whole Zombie concept, my kid, which is 11 bought zombie targets for fun!! Anyway, A good zombie flick me and her watched on netflix was The Devils Playground. It's based in London. Very good story line. And The Walking Dead, I'm hooked. Do I think it can actually happen, probably not. But thats what I call entertainment!! I need to get me a sai though!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Cranial.....I thought I was warped....
But that was some funny Sh!t there. The pic of Hillary, she looks deranged! Just read your signature, how true, how true!!!!! How else are we supposed to get our fiber???!!!

edit on 21-2-2013 by thepolish1 because: had to add fiber

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Nice post, it can't hurt to be ready but there will not be a zombie apocalypse. The cabal may like it but the decree from heaven is the opposite direction. We are already in 4d frequencies.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

That was mad funny, not sure about zombie but Draco hybrids yes

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

The whole zombie fad is popular because it's a way that people can prep and make it seem light hearted. I see all kinds of zombie stuff at the local surplus store.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyitsok
"Force Recon." The two words even God is afraid to hear.

God's tougher than them , get over it

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
IMO they were just having fun with it

I think it's silly to say they are doing this because "they know something we don't."
This looks like a group composed of regular military personal in a regular field, they are not like top secret military personal with secret info only prudent to secret secrets that only special secret people know about

Walking Dead is a very popular series
Also, just saying
I know of someone who is in the USAF currently stationed in Korea who likes to post pictures with their face painted in zombie paint because of The Walking Dead series just to have fun.

They are using the zombie attire to theme their protest. It is a fun and clever idea, does it mean they are directly making a statement ABOUT the zombie apocalypse.... No.... I think some of you may be interpreting the message incorrectly IMO..

I think the claims some of you are making are blowing the thread out of proportion to make it seem like a big deal.

edit on 21-2-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join