It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Canadian woman's body found at L.A. hotel

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Not sure if this made it to the thread, but this guy made an eery observation. Before It's News

Currently across the Los Angeles area, there is a widespread outbreak of TB; thousands of people may have been exposed to it in a deadly downtown LA outbreak. Coincidentally, or not, a woman was recently found dead in a water tank in a hotel in Downtown Los Angeles. Her name? Elisa Lam. The name of the test for TB? Lam Elisa.

Uhm.....

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Ok, so while this Morbid guy is creepy and could be responsible (why is he seeking musicians in LA if he hasn't been there in a year according to Marsmind?) , there are a couple other avenues that bear looking into.

Going more into this Alvin Taylor guy, it looks like the hotel management was looking to evict the long time residents in favor of revamping the hotel and marketing it more towards middle class travelers. Several of the residents spoke out against it in a 2008 LA Times article saying that they would have nowhere else to go if evicted.

Alvin Taylor has lived at the Cecil for 25 years. Unlike Maniscalco, Taylor said he refused managers' requests to move out of his room on the 10th floor.

Maniscalco and Taylor are among 90 to 110 long-term residents -- depending on who is counting -- and both said they are worried about rising rates and eviction.
Taylor at Cecil Taken from post by losangelino about midway down page

He was also quoted in this LA Times article about his same concerns.

He has also been vocal about Lam's murder and the condition of the water at the hotel due to it. Video Here

Warning - pure speculation on my part to follow

So does all this make him a murderer? IMO, no, but it could be a reason for one of the long term residents to do such a thing in order to keep from losing their home. If people know about the murder and following water situation, it could buy them a little longer in their homes just from the public disgust.

The other thing I wanted to bring up was the Invisible Light Agency. The web buzz is that this place was doing business out of the upper floors of The Cecil Hotel. Some have tied it to Invisibility cloak technology and are speculating that the reason she is acting so bizarre in the elevator is because there is in fact someone there with her, but they are cloaked. If anyone wants to pursue this further, could you help find out if they actually are working on this technology? All I have found was that they are involved in special effects etc. but my internet sleuthing leaves much to be desired.

And lastly, I found a site that talks about travel safety. Looks like Elisa did exactly what the pros tell you to do in a situation like hers.

ELEVATOR SAFETY Observe elevator interior before entering. Wait until the next elevator if you are uncertain of any occupant. Females riding the elevator alone should always stand near the control panel. If accosted, press ALL buttons. If a suspicious person enters the elevator, exit before the door closes. Before exiting from the elevator, observe the corridor for suspicious activity
Travel Safety

Here is a link to reddit with a ton more info than I can recap here and where I got a lot of this info.

~OkieDokie

ETA: I also got good info off of 2 other boards, will post links to them if I get the nod since I don't know how ATS views that.
edit on 27-2-2013 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by raedar

ya I/ we know. that is freakin weird ain't it?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Can someone please translate?
edit on 27-2-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

Wow.
I'd be interested in a translation too.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

Ya, the Chinese web sleuths are doing a helluva lot better than I am. A segment even aired in Taiwan. We could really use some translators in this thread, I'm dying to know what that stuff says.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
actualy digging for more infos

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

ok, I admit I haven't really followed the invisible light story but seeing it keeps getting mentioned, do you happen to have a link about it?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonyWarp

On a side-topic...

Two former guests at a downtown Los Angeles hotel where the decomposing body of a 21-year-old Canadian tourist was found in a water cistern have sued the hotel.

Source

Ridonkulas I say. The lawsuit should get thrown out. It's amazing how many people out there think any little deviation from what would be considered their "right of passage" can be turned into a windfall. Lawsuits are about making a person "whole" again, not coming out ahead. That;s just my 2cents

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Investigator gets on the roof of the Cecil hotel and films water tanks with his phone.
part 2

Well I got to hand it to this guy for putting himself out there like that and investigating this properly. He's got a journal of his investigation online as well but it's in Chinese. Google translation is crude you can get the gist of it.
Source
It starts around pg 96.

The very first thing to be tested was the elevator's response time to the door hold button being pressed. It took a full 2 minutes to close. Another factoid, he seems to think the elevator CCTV captured her on the 14th floor, not the 15th as I presumed. Anyway, lots to read but I'm starting to think Elisa could have been partying on the roof with some unsavory people judging by all the graffiti on the roof.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Looks like you beat me to the punch.

Linky

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

thank god for finding that page instead. I've been trying to decipher google chinese english

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Thanks for posting that. I was just coming here to do the same. Those guys have really done some amazing work. They also have a video posted that shows what Elisa's point of view would have been while on the elevator.

Video

He basically walks through all of her movements from pushing all of the elevator buttons to even hopping out at the same times. From this, it looks like she would have been on the 14th floor, possibly trying to get back down to her 4th floor room. (In the video you can see the same thing happen with the 14h floor button. When pushed, it lights then disables because that is the current floor.)

I have also found out that the hotel ended up allowing the residents to stay, but they divided up the hotel into residential floors and hotel floors. So the residents are there to stay for the time being and I have found no further talk of management trying to move them out.

As for the Invisible Light Agency, I haven't really looked anymore into it. When I posted it, I was just thinking of throwing it out there in case it was important. It is looking more like that just isn't the case. I would put it more with the whole TB theory. Wild speculation, that might have a 0.001% chance of being related to the death of this poor girl. but it's a theory.

I have been following a couple other forums on this and the graffiti has been brought up a few times. In the Chinese journalist's report, they say that the rooftop is littered with graffiti and don't think the one in question was related to her death or any occult dealings with it.

~OkieDokie

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Watching that along with test 1, we can now put to rest any notion that someone was holding the elevator door open.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Can someone please translate?

title - map of the 14th floor

top right - Grand entrance to the first floor (?!)
bubble with two characters - toilet
beside the staircase - fire escape
Bubble pointing to the square block - lift taken by Lam
Big red text - (it) may lead to the roof
(not sure what 'it' is without context)

The second picture has nothing special.

The third pic is hard to put in words. I've changed the Chinese to English in PS. Sorry about my horrible photoshopping skills.

The text in the last pic just says 'click to keep looking at pictures', which presumably means the next picture.

Hope that helps.

edit on 28/2/13 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/2/13 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Yes, I think so too. You can tell when he hits the "Door hold" button, it stays open for the same amount of time as it does in her video. I think he timed it pretty well, even hitting it the second time without the doors trying to close before he does.

Seeing that, what are your thoughts on if this is an accidental death vs. homicide? For me, I haven't found enough info at this point to know one way or another. I would tend to rule out suicide just from what others have pointed out with her behavior prior to her death, and the fact the she could have just stepped off the building or OD on her meds without all the trouble of trying to get up on that cistern.

~OkieDokie

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

ya...I really don't know. I'm with you regarding it not being a suicide cause she could easily just jump. Goofing around and accidentally falling in the tank? Could be, but again, it just seems so improbable. Maybe she was partying on the roof after meeting up with some hotel guests and something nefarious went on. Your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There is nothing to point to suicide or accidental death. Someone accidentally ends up head first in a water tank? I don't think so! To me all the signs that this was murder are very clear. Wild theories and speculation are for fiction.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
All I could think of after the possible "cloaking wear" was if there was a
perpetrator & they had that technology, why wouldn't they just
wrap her whole body up & then her body would not be seen nor
possibly found? Unless maybe it doesn't work when wet.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

First of all, for the sheer number of adults who go missing every year, I find it suspect that even before her alleged body is discovered she is singled out by the media for her case to be spotlighted in the HuffPo.
Later I read she had commented on a story about the invisibility cloak company which supposedly resides in the same Cecil Hotel with the hostel Stay at Main. Rather an odd place to put a Raytheon offshoot.
But, whatever, it's their story.

Now, since no alarm sounded as would have occured had the roof exit door opened, then I will assume this door never opened. Is that cool with you?
In addition, it seems unlikely that a body was found in this cistern on the roof which we are told had an opening so small that the FD had to cut a larger opening. What it does not specify was whether or not this was also so small that no person could enter through it. We were not shown the lid that supposedly contained no lock which would have made the Hotel or building owner liable for negligence, were this tank an actual current potable water source. Agreed? So having looked at most tanks like this they have a small opening that a measuring stick fits into to take water level samples.

Considering the history of the Hotel, the media, LA cops, who surprisingly or not were the ones who released an
edited surveillance video for who knows what reason. In it the person alleged to be the victim is shown halting the elevator herself by pressing the HOLD DOOR button. What can be assumed further is that she really is not pressing a whole lot of other buttons to floors. It seems likely the only button she REALLY presses is the door button. Now, her actions, especially her "startle" jump, seem entirely staged. Now who or why this vignette is
performed is debatable.

I personally think the name is too coincidental with the other TB story, so that I think it is fictitious and part of
whatever this psy-op is all about. It seems to me the gratioustous grossness of allowing the public to think
there were people who were drinking or bathing in two week old corpsewater, is the main takeaway that people will remember. However, I do not think this ever happened. I think the people who gave their witness stories to the media are roleplayers in this event. The media is always a useful tool. And considering the photo I saw
here: fotoforensics.com...
seems entirely photoshopped so that the person portraying Elisa Lam probably didn't actually wear glasses anyway.

This is my opinion.

I agree with you, I posted a similarly skeptical post to the Elisa Lam thread on websleuths.com and they deleted it within seconds of my posting it.

I basically mentioned all the ridiculously high profile 'coincidences' which seem to propel this alleged crime to greater and greater heights, released for our titillation with almost systematic regularity

among them

- geeky and prim looking oriental university educated Vancouver girl goes missing at notorious LA skid row dive hotel. She's still calling mom every week and sending postcards to friends but she has this double identity as impulsive groupie slut who is into death metal and traveling ALONE to dangerous sleazy spots all over the West Coast. That alone is tiltillating enough to capture the imagination and curiosity of a large number of people, implausible as hell as it may be in the first place. But it does have that edgy interracial, international sordid feel to it which will grab headlines on both sides of the border, not to mention across asia.

- Dark Water synchs. Not just one but TWO internationally famous films neatly tie in, with horrific references to water tanks and elevators almost supernaturally similar to Elisa Lam narrative
Entire Japanese and English versions of both films conveniently available on Youtube with no copyright issue whatsoever.

- LAM ELISA TB test - Elisa Lam , absolutely impossible coincidence with timed , likely fake news story of drug resistant TB outbreak in same area as alleged contaminated drink water. Uh sure. Pass the turnip.

- Postcard and Graffiti synch
Elisa just had to mail a postcard to a friend. Slutty groupie Elisa sends postcard from hotel worried about being 'creeped out' while aggressively pursuing greasy creep's satanic band down the entire West Coast with planned stops at communal hippie satanist farms. She'll be considerate to call mom every couple of days and tell her about her latest STD or bondage session? No contradiction there. Nope.

- Satanic high profile boyfriend now boasting of knowing about the murder and hinting of hidden message in his new record.Happens all the time
Oh, he is obsessed with the Black Dahlia too. And one of the characters in Dark Water was named Dahlia. And Elisa sounds a bit like Elizabeth. Chinese families always call their daughters Elisa , btw, blah blah blah
edit on 1-3-2013 by YouAreHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm starting to think the whole 'archetypical woman-hating serial killer' has been an elaborate lie , dating all the way back to Jack the Ripper, btw. I bet there was no Jack the Ripper, no Black Dahlia hate crime, any of it. Corpses from intelligence hits and organized crime Skull n' Bones type hits and targeted individuals and accidents etc. posed as victims is entirely possible.
The end result is that ALL men are blamed and the feminist agenda advanced with every one of these fake news stories. Someone called the whole psy-op 'North America's Operation Phoenix' . Its social engineering to keep people fearful, alienated , divided and therefore easily manipulated. The military industrial complex needs hordes of outcast, sexually frustrated, marginalized and discredited MALES from which to build their NWO armies, hence radical feminism and the century of the serial killer. Its all been BULL# from day one.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join