It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Skies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This was probably posted a long time ago,
but, as cheesy as the acting is in this movie (regardless, I still liked the acting because I like that style of well-lit, over the top acting, you know, I didn't even think it was bad, but very appropriate. I didn't want the acting to be too complicated anyhow, because I wanted to pay attention to the story.) may be it's a great movie IMVHO.

The ending is especially stellar, I don't want to spoil it.

But this movie just recently got my interest back up in UFOs and what they are exactly.

I searched around a while until I came across a poster who defined the phenomenon better than I think anyone ever has (to me anyway).
He describes the phenomenon as not being of this world (of course) but in the sense that it's really NOT of this world, not of this reality. That they are rather extra-dimensional and take the form of whatever we want to believe they are.

This single poster put everything together for me in a light I hadn't quite been able to for some reason. The ability and nagging idea to put this together in this way had always been there, but for some reason, at least in all recent memory, I hadn't done so.

It makes so much sense! Think about it, as he states, why with so many different mass sightings of UFOs do we always so many have people in the same area reporting they saw ENTIRELY different objects?

These people don't know each other most likely, haven't ever spoken or even seen each other, and most definitely have not collaborated on any story. Plus, if they collaborated on a story to complete a hoax, wouldn't they want their stories to sound similar?

I think this is some of the biggest proof something is going on. If you have multiple sightings from people, not just multiple but MANY, about strange objects in the sky around the same time of an event such as Phoenix Lights (which is what Night Skies is about) then how can it possibly be a hoax or fake?

Once again, if such people collaborated, they would have the SAME story!!!

You can't make much money, only confusion and disinformation, by having too many different angles to a "hoax".

I haven't ever seen a UFO that I'm aware of. Really, I haven't. Nothing particularly strange has happened to me in my sleep except for some (what I call demonic) sleep paralysis.

So, just what are these things?

Demons in all my study, which I do believe exist, do not represent themselves so much physically as one would maybe think. Sure, you hear demon stories, but how many have actually (who aren't hallucinating heavily) seen a physical manifestation of demonic activity other than an apparition or some voices?

I mean, if you want to delve into that very idea even further. Think about, all video evidence of ghosts/demons is all apparitions, vague, transparent, nearly invisible.

Not one photo has ever had any sort of credit applied to it (especially before CGI) of a full figured, physical demon like that of a UFO (meaning a UFO is completely figured, it's not transparent like a ghost)

So, my point here is, while I have easily explained away much of the UFO Phenomenon using the explanation of demonic activity (abductions are almost ALWAYS the exact same as sleep paralysis with slightly differeing aspects from story to story, except for the highly delusional ones.)

People in sleeping/waking states can't be trusted, because we have vivid dreams about our very own rooms. Who knows how many times I've envisioned my own room from the exact point of view that I'm sleeping to the
minute detail. I know this is just my brain, though, being aware of where I fell asleep.

Therefore, this explains why people SEE things when they wake up. Aliens, figures, whatever...

Because they're still asleep and they think they're awake, and then their brain just adds in a few creepy images
to their sleep state version of their room.

I know this to be the true explanation from experience, and I attribute it to the same thing every time I read an account of an abduction during sleep. You people are just imagining it, I promise. Lights while lying in bed, aliens standing over your bed, all of it... you're asleep and you didn't realize it.

Can't tell you how many times I thought I was awake when I realized later, I was, in fact... not.

If I wasn't more aware, I'd have thought I was awake.

And, in sleep/wake states you also hear Audio as though it's REALLY REALLY there. This, is simply, just your brain. I promise. I experience it.

However, I am NOT saying this activity isn't real. My whole point is everything about the UFO phenomenon and just about every account I've ever read about it can be attributed to sleep paralysis and what I see as demonic activity.

EXCEPT ONE DIFFERENCE.

JUST.... ONE...

and this confuses the heck out of me!!!!

There are pictures of UFOs, there are those reports like I stated earlier of seeing SOMETHING physical.

Demons, demonic activity, in all my research and experience, doesn't really do this!!!!

This is what gets me, and has sparked my recent interest in the UFO phenomenon again.

Thoughts anyone?

By the way, please watch Night Skies for the spookiest ending ever. Don't be all critical of it, just enjoy it.

Also, Pandorum on a slightly unrelated topic is pretty freaky and gave me some nightmares.

It's pretty good, even though it flopped a bit in the box office.

(Please also give good recommendations for mostly unheard of Paranormal and Psychological horror movies

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The fact that eyewitnesses saw different things means that those eyewitnesses are terrible at identifying what they witnessed. Hence, their stories are worthless. Probably a normal aircraft that some idiot shouted "UFO" and other people not wanting to be left out said "Yeah, I saw it too!"

I

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pgobbs2277

Demons aren't responsible for anything other than what people attribute to them ... they don't exist outside of religion , they are a fiction created to keep the faithful ... faithful , if you don't live your life to Gods rules the Devil and his Demonic minions will get you .

However, I am NOT saying this activity isn't real. My whole point is everything about the UFO phenomenon and just about every account I've ever read about it can be attributed to sleep paralysis and what I see as demonic activity

Everything you've read about the UFO phenomenon or abduction reports ? ... they are different
I don't see how sleep paralysis can account for UFO sightings as they're mostly seen by people who are outside and already awake , some are seen by pilots who I would hope are not asleep .

I don't believe in Alien abduction but that doesn't mean that I can so easily discount them as a possibility , if ET is visiting the Planet then I guess it would make sense for them to sample the population... we are many .

I know this to be the true explanation from experience, and I attribute it to the same thing every time I read an account of an abduction during sleep. You people are just imagining it, I promise.

So because you've had sleep paralysis anyone who thinks they may have had an experience outside the norm is just experiencing the same ...sorry but that is a blinkered view and you can't promise they're imagining it because you don't know what it is that they are experiencing .

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Do you mean Dark Skies?

Seeing that on Saturday.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

No, I wanna see Dark Skies.

This is called Night Skies and came out in 2007 or so

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pgobbs2277

Huh.

Don't know how I missed that one. Maybe it's On Demand.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

On March 13th, 1997 one of the largest UFO sightings ever recorded took place across the southwestern United States. The event became known as the 'Phoenix Lights' and was witnessed by community leaders, members of law enforcement, as well as thousands of everyday citizens. This true story, based on transcripts from actual hypnosis-therapy sessions, finally reveals what happened after the infamous incident ended and how six people, stranded by chance on a forgotten road, encountered more than just lights in the sky

Night Skies IMDB

Not really heard of since the topic has been done alot in documentaries and such.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Demons aren't responsible for anything other than what people attribute to them ... they don't exist outside of religion , they are a fiction created to keep the faithful ... faithful , if you don't live your life to Gods rules the Devil and his Demonic minions will get you .

I've got to argue that demons are indeed real. What are those things that brush your hair, quite abrasively sometimes, or little twinkles you see tearing negatively through the atmosphere out of the corner of your eye, or the shadows that everyone sees out of the corner of their eye?

What about complete, irrational and out of nowhere fears for entirely rational, mature, experienced people?
What about the feeling of something "sitting" on top of people on sleep paralysis, I can however testify that no one is in fact sitting on you in sleep paralysis, the feeling is just given that because otherworldly (yes) spirits/entities are draining your pleasantness and leaving you with suffocation and fear. They're literally trying to pull you into their place of being/hell..
I have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt that my brain is not a hallucinating one. I've done so through years and years of thinking I was hallucinating, to actually discover reasonable explanations for what I saw.

For example, one time I saw something very much like I see out of the corner of my eyes sometimes go across the moon. People told me I imagined it, but later on we saw (can't remember what it was) go back across it and it was easily explainable. Wasn't a UFO phenomenon, but I've had many things like that happen and then proved that I did see something (it just wasn't a UFO) to show that I do not indeed hallucinate. I have even told myself "If you see something, you saw something, you clearly don't hallucinate. You jump the gun! but you don't hallucinate" So I know that I do not hallucinate. When I see something, I know I'm seeing it.

Everything you've read about the UFO phenomenon or abduction reports ? ... they are different
I don't see how sleep paralysis can account for UFO sightings as they're mostly seen by people who are outside and already awake , some are seen by pilots who I would hope are not asleep .

I don't believe in Alien abduction but that doesn't mean that I can so easily discount them as a possibility , if ET is visiting the Planet then I guess it would make sense for them to sample the population... we are many .

I know this to be the true explanation from experience, and I attribute it to the same thing every time I read an account of an abduction during sleep. You people are just imagining it, I promise.

So because you've had sleep paralysis anyone who thinks they may have had an experience outside the norm is just experiencing the same ...sorry but that is a blinkered view and you can't promise they're imagining it because you don't know what it is that they are experiencing .

No no. It just so happens to *completely* (not even just almost), but completely explain most of the cases. Some I can't testify about however, because they are different. I think I did say there are some that are different.

I'd say this explains 95% of the cases. Completely.

But that's precisely what my thread is about,
I am ADMITTING that I don't know what the other 5% are and it doesn't make any sense.

However, I am NOT saying this activity isn't real. My whole point is everything about the UFO phenomenon and just about every account I've ever read about it can be attributed to sleep paralysis and what I see as demonic activity.

My thread and my point are the following:

While most UFO abduction sightings if you research can be explained by sleep paralysis, I'm talking ABDUCTIONS not sightings, what are the things we see in the sky and the physical manifestations?

You or someone said that "Oh well people just describe things wrong all the time they don't know what they're seeing."

I don't buy that because there are multiple multiple reports all at around the same time these of entirely different sightings in the sky from people all over the same city.

Police get a few reports about UFOs here and there, but not THAT many... not enough to the point where they would receive 100+ reports all in the same city right after the same phenomenon occurred that was caught on tape (such as phoenix lights).

And people aren't THAT stupid. People are the one's who are the masters of calculus and all other exhausting forms of math, people are the ones who design amazing video games and amazing CGI and artistic films, people are the ones who design and perfect plains, ships, and cars,

people don't just report seeing something they don't see, man! It takes a lot to make someone call the police. or an airforce base to report something.

If you see a Triangle, you saw a freakin triangle!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
The fact that eyewitnesses saw different things means that those eyewitnesses are terrible at identifying what they witnessed. Hence, their stories are worthless. Probably a normal aircraft that some idiot shouted "UFO" and other people not wanting to be left out said "Yeah, I saw it too!"

I

Here it is, the post I was looking for.

But they end up drawing the picture!

Afterall, if someone said UFO and others followed (who hadn't seen it) just to get publicity or attention or whatever.

Why would they later recount it as A TRIANGLE?

We all know UFOs aren't commonly triangle, they're typically saucer shaped.

So anyone making a story up wanting to sound believable wouldn't say "Oh I saw a cube" or "a triangle"

It just doesn't make any sense.

Your reasoning doesn't match up. If someone said they saw a UFO, no part of my human brain would say "Oh gee I need to go report that I saw a UFO too but something entirely different, so I can get fame or make money or get some attention. BUT, when I report it I'll make it seem entirely different than what they saw just to ruin the whole plan and idea of me getting any money, fame, attention...."

See, that doesn't make any sense.

And plus, HOW IS that possible when these people are ALL over these major cities, with no chances of knowing each other?

Sure, sure, you could say, well it's a group of UFO sighting buddies and Alien fanatics who want attention...

THEN ONCE AGAIN, people staying on THAT close of a call with each other WHY WHY WHY WHY would they all decide to report something different!

If they want attention, or a substantial hoax (which I don't see why UFO buddies even would, UFO groups of buddies are usually truthers, not hoaxers) then wouldn't they want their stories to relate?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pgobbs2277

Why do so many people have to make such an easy explanation so hard?
Why is it so hard to believe that they are simply "intelligent beings" who have flown here from another planet?

It is not that hard people! It is just a matter of transportation.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

I see what you're saying.

But it's because all the reports are different.

Then there is the sleep paralysis phenomenon which firmly explains most sleep/wake abduction (or sightings while you're in bed) if you've ever experienced sleep paralysis.

Experience sleep paralysis and then read up on all sleep/wake "abductions" and you'll easily see that these people are dreaming and or simply experiencing sleep paralysis. Aliens are frightening, and the thought of them are frightening, and we watch a lot of movies about them. You will have nightmares about what frightens you. Even if very brief and very lucid ones right before you awake.

I get them too, about all sorts of things, not aliens, though.

I'm not saying UFOs or aliens aren't visiting our planet.

I'm saying that something is wrong here. Too many varying reports from locations that all saw a sighting at the same time, and none of these people could have possibly known each other.

My point is that Sleep Paralysis only explains sleep/wake abductions, not live sightings outside, etc! Which is what is confusing me.

I guess what we're dealing with here is that in fact DEMONS and demonic activity are real

AND Aliens.

BUT, it seems that the ALIENS are changing form and our very reality to make people see whatever they want to see.

Hm.

(oh yea sorry for my terrible job at quoting above in my earlier post, i hope you can still read it.)
edit on 20-2-2013 by pgobbs2277 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
m.youtube.com...

Weird....this just popped up today on my YT suggestions list...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Saw it last night... you'll like it. It was well done.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

There are pictures of UFOs, there are those reports like I stated earlier of seeing SOMETHING physical.

Demons, demonic activity, in all my research and experience, doesn't really do this!!!!

My thoughts...

This whole demons are UFO craze is basically those who've suddenly realize they cant just flat out deny or ignore something any more and through fear they do their best to frame it into something that fits their mindset. Even if they have to bash that square peg into that round hole as hard as they can to the point they break the hammer.

Thats all this is, its Christians, and by that I mean the extreme ones since I was brought up a christian and still believe in the frame work and purpose of said religion but also believe in UFOs, process of evolution and the like. But the literal translationalists, 7 days, hell fire, if its not in the bible it doesnt exist crowd just cant fit UFO's and the greater universe into their well boxed off world view (doesnt help they dont realise the bible was written by man, a heavily chopped up and altered copy of another religions texts to boot)... so anything they cant explain or dont want to gets the old 'the devil did it' card.

Which is odd since belief in a god has no impact or vice versa in my mind on belief in life outside of our planet.

Its simply people who have such a rigid mind they attack anything that might bend it even just a little... as if that should even be a test of faith, you either believe or you dont, their faith must so damn thin to begin with.

While its not that relevant... the Ruth character in the movie Paul (which I saw for the first time on TV last night) is basically how i see UFO are demons crowd.

And Pauls closing words are so very apt...

'You cant win with these people...'

Edit:- I have an aunt who sends my mother 'Creation Magazine'... every so often they have a piece dealing with UFO's, its almost so funny its sad how they do everything possible to discredit the phenomena without actually using any facts, evidence or even research (they seem to try and avoid printing and discussing any actual cases as if even mentioning them might taint their good christian readers minds) then they quote some passages of the bible followed by a statement claiming this proves its all this, praise the lord etc etc... id laugh if i didnt realize they were being serious about it
heck i still laugh anyway.

Way i think of it is, if god created the universe, then hes one damn boring super being undeserving of any real praise if all he's done since then with it was make our planet, populate it and then spent his eternity (or the last 7k years) sitting watch over just it and us (and where hardly the most interesting of creations when you think about it) while the rest of creation just sat there doing nothing... maybe gods autistic? No offense to autistic people.
edit on 25-2-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join