It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF developing terrifying swarms of tiny unmanned drones that can hover, crawl and even kill target

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Point being, this does nothing more than give them more power, at a micro level. It is not fixing the wanton corruption and abuse..
edit on Wed Feb 20th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Please explain "them". Conspiracy theorists who are often very wrong always come out with this "them" reference. Who is them?

What you fail to realize is it is "US" not them. We are the USA and advancements in military technologies which secure our way of life is for us, not "them"

Get it?

I was intrigued by your headline and have been entertained by your posts before but this one is full of anger and crap so I had to comment.

I repeat, there is no "them" you can clearly define in an argument. Go ahead and try. Also there is not going to be a presidential order to send a minibot drone thing to kill you or anyone else for that matter unless they are a threat to the USA. If you are a threat be worried. If not have a chill on the porch and smile a bit. There is more to life than bitching on ATS.

So who define you or your activities as threats?

If you are a US citizen you have right to face your accuser an rebut any charges

Your argument of "if your a threat be worried" is naive to the 100th degree.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So what were Asimov's "Laws of robotics" good for... the trash can???

Coz this is what the biggest military in the world, just as those treacherous "scientists" do with the most obvious principles of wisdom regarding robots. The US army is a giant... a gigantic MORON!

Look at the very *brillant* things that are being developed today:

- "Terminator" robots built and programmed to track and kill
- increasingly sophisticated AI that works like human intelligence
- nanotech devices that can take over people's bodies
- a vast EM grid all around the planet that can be used to ĝive complete autonomous power to all these things

Next big thing? Skynet/The Matrix taking over humans, crushing mankind like little ants!

Bravo, douchebags of the US army and science!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This sounds much too like a Crichton novel.

Prey in particular.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
A small well funded group that could use these to do a lot of BAD things. The Mex. drug gangs.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I've seen footage of thse things before, flying in formation, etc.

I kinda think that humans are genetically predisposed to make weapons out of whatever they can. Every time we make a technological discovery we'll weaponise it before we do anything even slightly useful with it.

These things could actually be used for good, but probably won't be. Even if the initial intention is good...which it most likely isn't, they'll still end up being used to do bad. You;d be an idiot to deny that.

The stuff about the battery life I think is a lie, could these things not be solar powered in some way? Are they too small to take in enough solar energy to maintain a full charge? Anyone clued up on this kinda stuff?

Even if the battery life thing is an issue, they'll be working hard on a solution and will probably find one. But I still think it's a lie, I think they found ways to generate immense power ages ago they just don't want to share it yet.

They scare me. The people who operate these drones are so de-sensitised to what they are doing...kinda apt since most of them probably grew up playing computer games. How much more.emotionally detached can you get? It's ugly, but it was bound to happen. This is just a sign of what's to come, this is nothing. This is like the first mobile phone, there are many more to follow, each more better-er and sophisticated-er-er than the last.

The worst part of all is, imagine one of these things is being operated by, let's say a police officer in his own city, and he uses it to kill some crazy arch-criminal who was up to all kinds of mischief...who's gonna point the finger at the operator of this thing, it's too easy to hide? This will lead to trouble...it's hard enough trying to prove an officer assaulted you when there are witnesses who see the officer physically assault you...this is a machine?!

Awful, but inevitable.
edit on 21-2-2013 by samerulesapply because: Correction

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Vancouver area is the drug and murder capital of Canada (if you don't count the Tar Sands). I am not hating on you for residing up here. I was referring to your outlook, not which side of the imaginary line that you reside on.

Im in Squamish look it up. How about you? Staying warm I hope.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
These so called drones are so little and battery technology so poor that they would have to be deployed by someone in your immediate area . Also with such a weak signal the receiver would have to be really close .
I do think that the idea of armed nanorobots is a dream never to come true . Just another money pit . Laser technology is held up by the power requirements needed to fire a laser .
Larger drones with gas or batteries will work but batteries are heavy and little buzzing drones don't use stationary wings to lift and little oscillating wings use a lot of power .
Big ideas , big budget ,big propaganda to scare those who would resist the Powers that Be , big bunch of BS.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join