It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA Is Not Co-operating With The WHO Over Sars ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I was getting my Channel 4 News hit last night and briefly it was mentioned that the USA were not co-operating with the World Health Organisation fully in reporting it's SARS cases.I would like to find a link to a reputable media outlet that has reported this.I have ,so far,failed to find one.
Some elements in the USA are calling for China to be punished for not co-operating with WHO fully and to be honest I love a story dripping with irony.So if you find something can you post it here.

Perhaps,after Toronto received a travel advisory,which damaged it's image and economy,other big cities are reticent about reporting SARS cases.
Remember "Jaws".Although fictional the idea that politicians might protect the economy rather than public health is not new.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Good luck finding a media that is credible. as a propaganda machine the media will publish whatever they feel will sell papers or get viewers. Besides where do you think they get the info from, try the government. and if the media ever did publish something half way decent I would be catatonic! Not that all the news is BS just 99% is fluffed up. Remember that game when we used to whisper a phrase and pass it along the class. by the time it got to you again it was all jacked up, same with the press they just jack it up faster and worse.
Thats my experience with the media, unless I can find a story thats confirmed coast to coast and through ATs I toss it in the propaganda bin.

VzH

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I agree with Advisor, on this subject you will never find a reliable source.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   
By reputable,I mean not a Rense or something similar.

As I said Channel 4 in the UK mentioned it and said they would be following it closely but there is nothing on their site.

From what I remember they were saying that the US were not imforming the WHO about the details of individual cases.
The WHO needs to know where these cases are occuring as it will indicate if they are contained regionally or spreading.Also they need to know the recent travel history of victims and those who have come into contact with victims before they were isolated.
The numbers of SARS cases in the US are going up and they need to know if another "Super Spreader" has emerged.

The WHO need to know these things so that they can pre-empt any outbreak which might occur in other countries as a result of US victims travelling.
This imformation is not forthcoming despite requests.

Until I find something you will have to take my word for it.Perhaps someone else saw the C4 News last night and could confirm the above.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If the US is covering up the SARS cases... well then.....then i might be right about the wierd experience pertaining to my mother and I. If they are hiding SARS cases, it could very well be they hear of a possible SARS case, then come in the home while people are asleep, immobilize them somehow, test the quick to make sure, then leave. perhaps this is thier way of hiding it.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
www.newsmax.com.../5/14/151126

new topics

top topics

join