It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O little town of Bethlehem..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't know what it means, if anything, but I woke up this morning with this song dancing in my head and I can't stop thinking about it and singing it to myself. Yes I know it's not Christmas, but I nevertheless felt compelled to share it.

"The hope and fears of ALL the years, are met in thee tonight."

The height of virtue is power, restrained, and in our weakness resides our strength. So it is even with God, who was who is and who is to come the almighty.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
That's your subconscious for ya.
Happens to me all the time.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I can't help but thinking, prompted by my subconscious, that something amusing is afoot, but I don't know what it is that's the problem.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

You've obviously never been to Bethlehem
Sorry to destroy your illusion but it's a dirty dusty town full of lecherous men looking at the tourist women. I took a ball bearing through my side window last time i was there and I was in civilian clothes.
Oh little town of Bethlehem how misrepresented you are la la la la la la la la la la la la.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I think you might have missed the symbolism, that he wasn't born to a king/queen in a palace situated at the center of an empire but instead came from a lowly origin not by expectation.

As to the present day Bethlehem, I sense a raunchy rap song in the works, just don't dis the baby Jesus or Joseph and Mary.

edit on 19-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by cody599

I think you might have missed the symbolism, that he wasn't born to a king/queen in a palace situated at the center of an empire but instead came from a lowly origin not by expectation.

As to the present day Bethlehem, I sense a raunchy rap song in the works, just don't dis the baby Jesus or Joseph and Mary.

I would never dis your beliefs

And the symbolism is not lost on me, you probably know from my previous replies that I am not religious, but if you think about it Jesus would have preached in a very small area, unless he invented taxis he would have had to walk days to reach a new congregation and was probably emulated by several other 'messiahs' going by the name of Jesus and word of mouth (chinese whispers). Forgive me. I'm just too logical to accept blind faith over provable fact.
May your angel sleep on your pillow always

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Re: Jesus' travels - it wasn't that huge of an area from Judaea to Galilee (which he traveled back and forth at least twice)

But he did seem to have a way of "getting ahead of the curve" in regards to his travel plans..

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
To develop an understanding, at least in part, of Jesus the master conspirator's modus operandi, in terms of his extraordinary ability to get ahead of the curve in anticipation of what was required to bring about his Magnum Opus, I encourage those who are interested to explore this thread.

The Woman @ The Well: How the Historical Jesus Performed a "Miracle" + Reflections.

I still marvel at how he orchestrated that encounter, while appearing to read the poor woman's mind regarding how many husbands she'd had including the fact that the man she shared her bed with was not her husband, it really freaked her out and did the trick as planned.

And then the paradigm shifting lesson for his disciples who'd become obsessed with the wrong type of food, to whom he might have asked, after their trip to town and back to get the food and thus leaving him alone at the appopriate hour - "you guy's thirsty?" while grabbing the jug of water she conveniently left behind while the Samaritan people of Sychar could be seen making their way across the field (ripe for the harvest) .. oh that Jesus let me tell you! (talk about killing many birds with the same stone!)

Many Samaritans Believe

39 Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” 40 So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. 41 And because of his words many more became believers. 42

Then they said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said. Now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.” ~ John 4 NIV

Why did they kind of rebuke her at the end and and make a point of saying "We no longer believe just because of what you said."?

I'm not sure that anyone has pulled this passage apart the way I have. It's like feeling kinship with the very person who wrote it down in the first place and this textual criticism causes it to smack of historical authenticity as much by what it hides as what it reveals, so take note all who will..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
sway life away..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Twice in a lifetime? It's a drive of a couple of hours of relaxed driving at best.
No need for the map but thanks.
I used to ski on mount Herman in the the north in the morning, and go scuba diving with dolphins in Eilat in the evening. Man I loved those days.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
sway life away..

What do you mean?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Jesus would envy you, could you imagine what he could have done with modern transportation!

new topics

top topics

join