It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one come to the conclusion that this is your best option...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
So, there's someone locked behind your bathroom closet door. It might be an intruder, but you do have a girlfriend that occasionally stays with you. You come to the conclusion that the person behind that door means to do you harm and your only recourse is to grab a gun and shoot them four times, despite not knowing who they are or why they are locked in your closet. Not to mention the fact that, if it were your girlfriend, you could simply say "Reeva honey, are you in there?" and chances are she'd answer "Yes".

I'm really struggling to figure out a possible scenario where there's any shred of truth to Pistorius' defense. Is it so flimsy that the only logical conclusion is that it must be true?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well we have this....so I'm sure his best option was to lie.

www.washingtonpost.com...

There were a number of developments in the case over the weekend, with South Africa’s City Press reporting that a bloodied cricket bat had been found at the home of Pistorius, where Steenkamp was killed. The newspaper reported that it is “the central piece of evidence in the unfolding murder investigation,” although investigators have not revealed just how it was used. City Press reported that Steenkamp’s skull was “crushed” before she was shot four times.

edit on 2/19/13 by Cyprex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by redtic

drunk/on drugs? That's the defense I would use if I wanted to murder someone and try to get away with it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by redtic

hi , man,, i am thinking that this thing is from our ancient past, when predatory animals were not hunted near extinction,, we had a reason to be afraid of the dark ---thing,, you know?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It was the middle of the night, Oscar Pistorius says, and he thought an intruder was in the house. Not wearing his prosthetic legs, feeling vulnerable in the pitch dark and too scared to turn on the lights, the track star pulled his 9mm pistol from beneath his bed, moved toward the bathroom and fired into the door.
It was only after he called to girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp -- whom he thought had been in bed beside him after a quiet evening -- that he realized something horrible might have happened, he told Chief Magistrate Desmond Nair in a statement read by his lawyer during his bond hearing Tuesday. Prosecutors dispute the version of events that Pistorius detailed in his statement.
Pistorius says he broke down the locked bathroom door -- at one point in the statement saying he kicked the door in, at another saying he used a cricket bat to break it down -- then scooped up the mortally wounded Steenkamp and carried her downstairs after for help.
"I tried to render the assistance to Reeva that I could, but she died in my arms," he said in the statement. "I am absolutely mortified by the events and the devastating loss of my beloved Reeva."

www.cnn.com...

So he called for his girlfriend after he shot. OK. I want to believe this guy - the whole innocent until proven guilty thing - but it just seems so implausible. Will be interesting to know if there's any hard evidence to prove it was pre-meditated...

top topics

join