It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military plane crashes in the streets Sanaa Yemen(video aftermath)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Hi

A miltary plane has crashed in the steets of the capitol city of Yemen killing at least 10..
Just thought some of you might want to see the footage (warning graphic)
www.aljazeera.com...

A military plane has crashed in the Yemeni capital Sanaa, killing 10 people including the pilot, Yemen's defence ministry and an airport source said.

The cargo plane tried to make an emergency landing at an air base near Sanaa's main airport on Wednesday when one of its engines failed.

"An Antonov crashed following a technical problem. The pilot and nine other people were killed," a statement on the defence ministry's website 26Sep.net said

edit on 19-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Looks more like a car Bomb.....not saying it is, but lack of Plane parts leads me to think that...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

The article says it was an Antonov cargo plane.
Which Antonov?They make several.From the video I have to think it was a small plane cause there just doesn't seem to be as much damage as one would expect to see from a large aircraft.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Just as a warning to others, I'm pretty sure this video contained an image of a person on fire, assumed deceased... Was very disturbing to see.

Would be nice to have a warning please OP?
edit on 19-2-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Just as a warning to others, I'm pretty sure this video contained an image of a person on fire, assumed deceased... Was very disturbing to see.

Would be nice to have a warning please OP?
edit on 19-2-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

dang I didnt see anyone on fire let me look again
edit
wow i did not catch that sry

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Please tell me I'm wrong! I think it's off to the bottom left (the youtube-screenshot before play I think is showing them, bottom left as well?).

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

reply to post by goou111

Please tell me I'm wrong! I think it's off to the bottom left (the youtube-screenshot before play I think is showing them, bottom left as well?).

I put a waning in the op.. sry again

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Thanks
Hopefully I'm wrong though, I just got the 'real human' shudder from the way they are in a foetal position?

If it is, is that an upturned set of plane seats next to them? Otherwise, no plane wreckage I can see.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

reply to post by goou111

I definitely saw what you saw....a burning body next to a large metal object, a row of seating or something.

What's missing is the evidence of plane parts???

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mardukiscoming

Yemen flies the An-12, An-24, and An-26, all twin engine turboprops. I'm not sure which one it would be though, as they are all transports. If the numbers I found on the An-12 are right, it probably wasn't one of those, so I'm leaning more towards the An-24 or -26.

Russian engines have always been a serious problem for them. They entered into contracts with Western engine makers for their civil aircraft fleets, because the Russian engines were such a problem. I had a pilot tell me that when they fly the An-124, they have to sit on the end of the runway with engines at full power for two minutes. If no engines fail, they take off.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

i've just heard on RT news it was a helicopter but did not state what type

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Holy crap talk about a shift. No wonder you don't see any wreckage in the video. It wasn't an Antonov at all, it was an Su-22. The pilot ejected before the crash, and the aircraft came down in the street.

The Su-22 is a medium range attack aircraft designed to operate at high speed and low altitude. It has a single pilot, and is very heavily armed for its size, including 2 30mm cannon.

ETA: That explains the confusion. The Al-Jazeera link was to a crash in November of last year, that was an Antonov transport.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join