It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More on Infinity...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Bravo! again mass has nothing to do with the infimous one. wtf is that space in betwixt? It's something. fer sure

edit on 20-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

The space in between certainly is something, but it is not infinite.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Oh you bet your ass it matters!

There are those who would have you believe that we all only have one 'go-round on the merry-go-round and that's it. If you knew that once you died, you took a little vacation and then came back for more, came back to live in a world that is living with the effects caused by the generations alive during your last life, people might try harder to make the world a better place for their grandchildren, or rather, themselves. People would not be so god damned petrified of dying and would be more willing to stand up to bullies, dictators and tyrants...

THAT'S why it matters... because people are much more careful with something they only have one of...(a life)...and people are less careful with something they can walk away from and never have to come back to...(a world/planet etc)...

I think death is just like a little nap, because literal and direct immortality would drive you crazy after a time and would be counterproductive to evolution... "im just a fat blob who can sit around and do nothing and never die from starvation or dehydration or exposure to elements so what's the point in learning hunting, carpentry or medicine or anything?". But we do have something even better...spiritual immortality. My opinion of course!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

So now math is no longer a part of reality? If math is infinite and since it is contained within reality, wouldn't that also mean reality would also have to be infinite? How can a finite reality contain infinite math? That doesn't really make sense.

Infinity is an idea, but aren't ideas real as well?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by Infi8nity

Every species has the capability of producing infinity.

Is this a profession of faith, or do you believe that the statement can be empirically verified? I don't see how it can.

Their is no limit on how many times a certain animal can be born.

No animal can be born more than once. I suppose you mean there is no theoretical upper limit to the population of a species. Well, there are no theoretical upper limits to lots of things, but in practice none of them attain infinity. They are prevented from doing so by the facts of reality.

That, incidentally, is the difference between mathematics and reality. If you can't see it, consider the possibility that you are autistic.

If you read my other post you will see my perspective clearly.

I read your other posts. They tell us what you believe in, but not why it makes sense to do so.

I repeat, there are no infinite quantities in nature. Infinity does not exist in any form as far as we know. Infinity is an idea, not a real thing.

edit on 19/2/13 by Astyanax because: of my infinite capacity for error.

"A gravitational singularity or spacetime singularity is a location where the quantities that are used to measure the gravitational field become infinite in a way that does not depend on the coordinate system."
en.wikipedia.org...

"If you can't see it, consider the possibility that you are autistic."
Really? Your on above top secret. Denny ignorance. Your using ignorant bully tactics to force me to believe you.I dont want to be autistic right? So I have to agree with you.
Dont attack me because I do not think as you do. Its just like the media saying....
"If you dont like obama your a racist"
"Your a conspiracy nut job if you think the "official" 9/11 story is a conspiracy."
"your not for gun control? oh so you want children to be murdered?"

edit on 20-2-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by canucks555

The space in between certainly is something, but it is not infinite.

Correct. The singularity can only take up space, and will fill it as it expands. The infinite is the space surrounding the singularity. The infinite space is the space were all finite must exist within.

But

The singularity is a compressed matter. The reason that the space inbetween is not infinite, is because the space inbetween consits of emittet matter/energy from the singularity. It is also called dark matter.

There is a reason why science will never be able to create or observe a perfect wacuum.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So now math is no longer a part of reality?

Mathematics is not part of material reality. It is a method used by human beings to model real-world processes to a good approximation, but no real-world process precisely fits the mathematical model of it. Mathematics is a mental abstraction, not a material fact.

I If math is infinite and since it is contained within reality, wouldn't that also mean reality would also have to be infinite?

In what sense is maths infinite? And in what sense is it contained within reality?

Infinity is an idea, but aren't ideas real as well?

No, they are ideal.

reply to post by Infi8nity

A gravitational singularity or spacetime singularity is a location where the quantities that are used to measure the gravitational field become infinite in a way that does not depend on the coordinate system

That is why a singularity is regarded as being beyond spacetime.

Your using ignorant bully tactics to force me to believe you.I dont want to be autistic right? So I have to agree with you. Dont attack me because I do not think as you do

Inability to distinguish between a model and the reality it models is a pretty clear indicator that all is not as it should be.

reply to post by spy66

The infinite is the space surrounding the singularity. The infinite space is the space were all finite must exist within.

There is no space surrounding the singularity. I have explained this to you before. I don't intend to try again.

edit on 20/2/13 by Astyanax because: insufficient terseness.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Youy might have explained it, but i wont accept it.

I support my own claim thx. It makes a lot more sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join