It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More on Infinity...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by Infi8nity

Thats not how i see it. Infinite means endless every thing, including possibility's. Because of infinite possibility's the reality you are talking about would exist at the same this reality would exist. While at the same time nothing exist. Any possibility.

Prove to me there isn't a pink elephant orbiting the sun. Anything is possible, some are just more absurd than others.

Infinity does not care about absurd. In many ways its duality. It seems every thing is bonded by duality. Men, women, good and evil ect... Well if you cant have one with out the other then its not so absurd.

link   

Originally posted by TheWetCoast
reply to post by Phage

The "Golden ration" can be found in every object that exists within nature.Just because we(as humans)don't know why does not mean that is not part of a fundamental law of the universe. Just like how you thought you could run from an intellectual discussion with me.

Haven't been on ATS long but utmost respect for the Phagester. Forum member isn't running from anything. Phagester is dry.. painfully so.. but precise.
We need that here...

Let's keep this one civilized
and thanks for your input.

edit on 19-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by canucks555

Or every leaf on every tree in every forest on every planet in the universe. Then you might as well count every atom on every leaf on every tree in every forest on every planet. May as well be infinity, right?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Ya It's all about atoms in the long run lol!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by canucks555

Endless numbers, they never stop.

They stop once there is nothing left to keep counting. Nothing can count endlessly, therefore, numbers are not endless.

Duality. Infinity meaning any thing is possible including nothing existing and existing at the same time.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Ahh everything and nothing. THAT is the essence of infinity!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

What happens when you add all real numbers together, including negative ones? You end up with zero.

1+(-1)+2+(-2)+3+(-3).......=0

Infinity is everything and nothing at the same time, according to math at least.

edit on 19-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Threw the 5 platonic solids.
You didn't answer my question.

Galaxy is a spiral, the spiral turning should have effect on the motion of other body's with in it just like a car.
You didn't answer my question. But does the spiral of the Milky Way (ignoring the Solar System for the moment) follow phi? There are spirals that don't, right?

Same thing neuron firing processes could encode INSTRUCTIONS!!
So emotions can be described by math. I guess you sort of answered.

In infinity all and nothing exist.
How zen but it seems that you did not answer my question.

I still do not understand why you think math does not describe any thing.
Maybe because you don't understand that I didn't say that.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Thanks for this thought provoking conversations guys. Its hard to find people willing to talk about this, yet alone comprehend these simple concepts, even on this site.

If any one wants to discuss more and other similar topics send me a message and we can chat on skype. I dont have a mic or camera but non the less...
Its getting close to bed time.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Cheers and thanks for the input
You have a good night and yah we'll jam to this one for sure in the future.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Threw the 5 platonic solids.
You didn't answer my question.

Galaxy is a spiral, the spiral turning should have effect on the motion of other body's with in it just like a car.
You didn't answer my question. But does the spiral of the Milky Way follow phi? There are spirals that don't, right?

Same thing neuron firing processes could encode INSTRUCTIONS!!
So emotions can be described by math. I guess you sort of answered.

In infinity all and nothing exist.
How zen but it seems that you did not answer my question.

I still do not understand why you think math does not describe any thing.
Maybe because I didn't say that.

"You didn't answer my question. But does the spiral of the Milky Way follow phi? There are spirals that don't, right?"
I knew this question was coming. Yes their are spirals that dont their are all so galaxy's witch are not spirals but that does not mean they do not still contain the ratio. Just like my other comments about the chair you are sitting in, does not have the ratio as a whole but the wood grain dose. So no phi dose not describe every thing but it seems as if it is instructions for building biological entity's.

"There are universes where time does not exist. Can math describe all of these universes?"
Are you saying that you know their are universes where time does not exist or with in the concept of infinity?

"How zen but it seems that you did not answer my question."
Cause if you talking about with in the concepts of infinity then it did answer your question. Remember every possibility including math every thing and math being nothing.

"There are universes where time does not exist. Can math describe all of these universes?"
If your just dealing with no time, then from a outside perspective from another universe that does have time you can.

How do you perceive time? whats your understanding of it?

" Maybe because I didn't say that."
Sry miss worded
edit on 19-2-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Are you saying that you know their are universes where time does not exist or with in the concept of infinity?
No. I'm saying that if there are infinite universes, by definition there would be such universes. With infinity, everything can exist and therefore must.

Cause if you talking about with in the concepts of infinity then it did answer your question. Remember every possibility including math every thing and math being nothing.
You lost me.

If your just dealing with no time, then from a outside perspective from another universe that does have time you can.
You selected a single example. What about dealing with the infinite possibilities of an infinite number of universes with an infinite number of permutations of physical laws? Do you think that math can describe such? A bit more specifically, do you think the human mind (which creates math) can?

How do you perceive time? whats your understanding of it?
I perceive time as a stream of events. That's also my understanding of it but I am also aware of and can see the reasoning behind other models even though those models hold no relevance to my existence.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No. I'm saying that if there are infinite universes, by definition there would be such universes. With infinity, everything can exist and therefore must.

Even the end of all universes?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

1) Does it matter if there are an infinite number of universes?

Yes. If there are an infinite number of universes, this rules out the possibility of most major deities we have heard of. This is the part where you practice critical thinking...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Alright, this is my take on Infinity. I don't think that the big bang ever occurred. I don't believe that anything was ever created or exists in the "real" realm in which we think we currently are. I believe that we are not in the third dimension of which we are so comfortable. I think that we are in the tenth dimension. Within the 10th dimension everything that could possibly ever exist under any condition exists here. I am saying this because how can we exist in the third dimension alone with the absence of possibility. Yes we are presently observing everything in 3 spatial dimensions but there is possibility here in the 10th dimension which is what gives rise to our being and everything that we currently know. This is what is currently existing within the realm of possibility. Now my interpretation of this is that, nothing actually exists. The "real" existence is empty and void, but we are existing as a possible existence. We are just a probability that could occur, but that is what makes us exist. The fact that we are "something", a probability, this is what gives us life.

I am also pretty sleep deprived.

I need to go to bed.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Erich94

The "real" existence is empty and void, but we are existing as a possible existence. We are just a probability that could occur, but that is what makes us exist.

Could you explain that in more depth?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The realm in which we think we currently exist, space, is empty. We believe we are in this space because it is occupied by the cloud of possibility. This would explain virtual particles "popping into and out of existence seemingly at random within the vacuum of space." We just so happen to be the possibility of a conscious observer. What we are existing in is just the current state of the flux of potential realities.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Since you're dealing with "what ifs" ... What if every galaxy in our universe has a black hole at the core, and over time the black holes consume all of the matter in their galaxies, then over even more time all of the black holes consume each other until all matter in our universe is compressed into one single point in space and then BANG it all begins again?

Hey, maybe you've been here before billions of times already?

this i thought was a very good one and simple enough for anyone to understand...and in my current state of known information is a very valid what if and would completely justify infinity. hmm its almost uncanny the reference of cycles from our own earth to this theory and the universe. Could be a gem here!!! still it wouldnt necessarily have to have black holes in EVERY galaxy your now discussing the time frame at which involution occurs

lol just blew my mind

edit on 19-2-2013 by GRS1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

well duality is simply an emotional guage from humankind its a measurement, and carries no weight in the universe IMO

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GRS1234

Now that you've grasped the concept... What if that whole process accelerates exponentially?

The consumption of matter, the increase in gravitational forces, all of it....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join