It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Your meat habits are killing the planet"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I say most of our habits are killing the planet.
We rape the land to obtain our finery that ends up in land fills sewage treatment plants.
Or our crap is dumped where ever we please.
We take natural elements from the earth, turn them into things we throw out and the earth can not reuse our waste to feed it's self.

We are the Aliens!
Look around, what other creature on this planet can equal our distructive nature.?
We are greedy and gluttenous.

edit on 18-2-2013 by azureskys because: add on

edit on 18-2-2013 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This was not about stopping meat consumption it was about reducing it. Which would truly be beneficial.
Don't get so defensive.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
Look around, what other creature on this planet can equal our distructive nature.?
edit on 18-2-2013 by azureskys because: add on

While I agree with you, that is really a symptom of our messed up culture than a failure of humanity as a species. Our brains and consciousnesses are capable of so much, it really only speaks to a phenomenal, eons long failure to live up to expectations. Our culture has never left our mom's basement so to speak. Absolute failure to launch.

But I think we're capable of so much more. Ending animal consumption is part of that. It's a sacrifice of sorts, as meat is tasty blah blah blah, but I'm not an animal. I don't have to eat meat because I have canine teeth and a certain type of digestive tract, I eat it because I was raised that way and it is difficult for me to learn whole new culinary techniques and recipes. But I think I and everyone else is capable of stopping, or at the very least, reducing consumption, which is the ethical, responsible, and environmentally-friendly thing to do.
edit on 18-2-2013 by guanyu because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join