It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, Can anyone explain this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sorry for putting this here, but I cannot wait until I have 20 posts and I don't post just for the sake of getting 20... but yea...hi everyone, this is my first post. I will come clean, I am not a believer in the paranormal per se. Yet I have some experiences to share, some weird things I have always dismissed. I will start with the latest one, as it has been troubling me for some months now.

I had a weird experience last September at our workshop. I am a skeptic and a big believer in science. Yet I cannot find an explanation for this, nor can I find a similar experience online. I have read about orbs, but this was not an orb as per any description I have ever read of. What makes this so weird is that my brother was there and saw the same thing. He is also a non-believer, in religion or the supernatural. The creepy thing is it happened right after my dad died, literally a week after his funeral when we were going back to work.

We were in the workshop, a small industrial unit with boarded up windows, about to install a power line for a new machine. As we were standing in front of the meter cupboard. Something shadowy, yet compact and spherical moved right across the front of the meters that we were about to work on. It happened in a split second, and has been on my mind ever since. Simply because we both saw it.

It s hard to describe, if pushed I would have to say it was like a hole in space itself. It was shadowy, but did not darken what was behind it as a shadow would. It was as if what it passed in front of simply was not there anymore. The thing was about the size of a ping pong ball with a feathery, poorly defined edge.

It was definitely not a shadow as it did not follow the contours the meters or the boards. It passed between us and the boards. It faded in and out of view quite quickly, traveling about half a metre perpendicular to our line of sight in about half a second. Never seen it before or since then. There was no weird feelings as I have read. We felt no 'presence' or any emotions or anything.

I saw it, thought 'what the hell was that?', as I turned to ask my brother if he saw it and before I finished turning my head. He said to me 'did you see that? what the %#^& was that?!', so we pondered about it for a few minutes and got back to work. I am not the kind of person who likes a mystery to go unsolved and I have been looking off and on for months for anything similar to it online.

I would like to believe this is real phenomena that we saw. Something as exotic as a wormhole or other weird thing, quantum physics has taught me that nature can be down right crazy. Ok, it happened right after we lost our dad, but I think this is coincidence. Certainly a good spin for a paranormal story, but I honestly do not know what to think.

I am curious to what you have to say about this.

Greetings
Mark

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I thought this was pretty interesting.
I'm looking forward to your other contributions

Oh, And Welcome.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
My Dad (step) lost his Dad back in the 80's and went to South Carolina (from FL) for the funeral.

Rewind a few years...his Dad always told his kids that when he passes that he'd pay a little visit to them 1) to let them know he was okay 2) to show them this wasn't all there was (life).

Fast forward to a week after the funeral. My Dad was home and was sitting on the couch still down about the recent passing. He looked up and guess who was sitting across the room in the recliner.

My Dad turned white as a ghost (no pun) and asked if we all just saw what he saw. We (me, my mom and sister) didn't see him but I don't think we were meant to...it was just for him.

Later...once he had a chance to collect himself, he explained. He said he saw his Dad smiling at him...he saw my Dad was freaked out and his expression changed in that he saw he scared my Dad by the visit and just sort of vanished.

My Dad is firm in the belief that his Dad was just holding up to his promise. Ironically, he tends to take the skeptical point of view with most things. However with this event he was firm with what took place.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Oh...and forgive me...welcome to ATS

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.
I'm curious, I've read about people of Irish and American descent experiencing the same type of familial visitations, are you either of these?
Queuing Johnny Anonymous in 5...4...3...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Welcome Rottweiler

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Interesting...not to hijack the thread...but my dad's last name is Dougherty. Irish decent.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
welcome aboard funny old world aint it .welcome to the matrix neo

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS...

Des

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
There is no way to explain anything until you have 20 posts like everyone else.

So many people come on here claiming the same "My experience is so much more important than others so I shouldn't have to follow the T&C of the site."

Your "Story" is EXACTLY the same as a thousand others. Please follow the T&C's so we can follow you.

Welcome.

Unless your name is Bernie in which case...

Peace

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rottweiler

www.abovetopsecret.com...

read my experience and see if it means anything to you. I saw a shapeshifter that likes to use ultra pitch black blacker then black shapes that are lacking in details.

It might be what you saw. Check my thread. Some people call them skin walkers. But it could of been one they are energy beings. Powerful energy beings. Did you feel an overwhelming presence?

I just read you did not. Well it could of been a spirit as well instead of an alien. Your dad would be a good example. Emotion can imprint on walls, so if your dad poured his life into that place. Well chances are he still has fragments of him still being there, still there. Spiritually it would be lingering memories left over embed ed in objects that get enough contact with individuals
edit on 19-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It might be that your dad got one of the folks assigned to helping him get settled in to give you guys a quick indication that he's still aware and thinking about you. How the "hole" happened was that the guy with your dad set up a quick absence of photon density (object trajectory manipulation - like diverting a stream of water, I suppose) that you'd notice as you were placing your shared attention on that equipment panel. I don't believe that your dad would've known how to do a quick parlor trick like that, but for someone who's been on that side of reality for a while, it's probably not very difficult. They do this sort of thing for new arrivals on a fairly regular basis, although usually they trigger holographic-appearing mental images (or audio and visual) by manipulating "circuitry" within the brain of the grieving loved one, featuring the dearly departed either smiling or even saying something reassuring about the fact that they didn't cease to exist.

It helps with the transition process, as you can imagine, and hundreds of thousands of people that are still alive and who are perfectly normal in their thinking and emotional stability have experienced this sort of thing shortly after the death of a loved one. Others have experienced the sort of thing that you've experienced, and others have had objects move on them or a variety of other clearly paranormal instances that they immediately knew to associate with their newly departed loved one.

We're all human, even after we've finished with our bodies. The community of humanity - as a whole - straddles the material and "spiritual" realms. On this side, we're still in ongoing development, and that's the only real difference between the two groups of people. Someday, we'll figure this out, and the entire community of human beings will finally become one supportive and interactive whole.

Tell you dad "Thanks for checking in", so that he knows that you know it was him. He'll be grateful for the acknowledgement, and it'll help him focus on in-processing stuff.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

i also believe in the soul shatter theory. So that being said. I believe spirits cling to what they know in order to gather as many fragments as possible before reincarnating again. If they cannot find all of their fragments they must syphon life force from people in order to fill that, Or devour others fragments, or whole lesser beings. This is where the concept of poltergeists come from. a being who refuses to reincarnate, ancient. Devourer of souls. The best thing to do is guide your dad on the path of his past. Reconcile all his worries. If you sense him and get all spiritual. Let him know all this. That he must follow his passed. And to avoid other spirits.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rottweiler

Hey OP, is it possible you saw a bright light(bulb or something really quick... possibly like a flash) and then when you saw the board it had the opposite inverted flash? aka, the shadowy ball, plus it would move along with your eyes and would have no shadows.

Just like the vision you see after getting flashed by a camera.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It´s a pretty good and interesting story. I think it would be almost impossible to find a technical explanation for the thing you have described.

Welcome, I really hope that we can find an answer in this thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The shadows can interact with our perception of where we are.

Love your username, Welcome to ATS

top topics

join