It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet ISON And The Star of Bethlehem: A Coincidence???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
By now most of you folks have heard about the arrival of comet C/2012 S1 (ISON), which will be visible to the naked eye on it's close passing to the Sun. According to NASA, this comet will be at 1.8 million kilometers from the suns surface, making it visible to the naked eye at around November of this year (2013).

This is the orbital trajectory of comet C/2012 S1 (ISON). The comet is currently located just inside the orbit of Jupiter. In November 2013, ISON will pass less than 1.1 million miles (1.8 million kilometers) from the sun’s surface. The fierce heating it experiences during this close approach to the sun could turn the comet into a bright naked-eye object. Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech

Nasa website

It is also note worthy that upon it's closest approach to the sun, it will be the brightest thing in the sky apart from the Sun, and is said to outshine the moon.

Some astronomers have already labelled it as the "comet of the century".

It's being called the "comet of the century" -- a dazzling astronomical display that may prove to be brighter than the full moon. Comet ISON may give us earthlings a "once-in-a-lifetime light show" if it appears in the sky in 2013, astronomer David Whitehouse wrote in The Independent.

Source

Star of Bethlehem

On the night of 25 December, 2 BC, a bright star appeared in the night sky. It was the sign that led the biblical Magi to Bethlehem for the birth Jesus Christ.

Matthew 2:1-12

After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi[a] from the east came to Jerusalem 2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

This day we have come to known as the day of "Christmas", and traditionally celebrated on the 25th of December.

Comet ISON Link to Star of Bethlehem

Intriguingly, the closest approach of comet ISON to earth,"the comet of the century",will be at it's brightest during it's passing on the period of December 25th-26th of this year, 2013, approx. 2000 years after the star of Bethlehem.

Is this coming of comet ISON, the biblical star of Bethlehem???
And what significance, will this have on the christian belief of the second coming or the rebirth of Jesus Christ???

What other significance will this have on other traditional prophecies like the;
- Hopi Prophecy of the "Blue Star katchina"???
- Return of furthered serpent, "Quetzalcoatl" of the Mayan Prophecy???

Personal Declaimer:
I believe, there is some significance to this coming comet, as it will be an event that will create an impression in the skies.

With the recent meteor activities,"fireballs from the skies", we have a beauty coming our way, so keep them tinfoil hats on, this is gonna be an interesting ride.

Over to you folks...
edit on 18-2-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: typos

edit on 18-2-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: clarity

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

On the night of 25 December, 2 BC, a bright star appeared in the night sky.

Well we know if it had to do with the Jesus story and birth this is wrong. Everyone seems sure the sheep were in the fields and it was not winter.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Time is a concept of reference in this space. We created the concept of time.

Perhaps we should focus our attention on the significance of the comet ISON, and how it ties in rather well with the biblical account of the Star of Bethlehem, during which time the "messiah" was born, approximately 2000 years ago.

Peace

edit on 18-2-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
well what does this comets orbit show? is it possible that it`s orbit brought it close to earth 2,000 years ago?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Yeah, there were sheep in the fields, but in jerusalem the winters don't get THAT cold...and i'm pretty sure it rarely snows there...so maybe it was winter but it wasn't a very cold winter? Unless of course we know for a fact it wasn't winter then my argument is wrong
edit on 18-2-2013 by Honestabe28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honestabe28

Yeah, there were sheep in the fields, but in jerusalem the winters don't get THAT cold...and i'm pretty sure it rarely snows there...so maybe it was winter but it wasn't a very cold winter? Unless of course we know for a fact it wasn't winter then my argument is wrong
edit on 18-2-2013 by Honestabe28 because: (no reason given)

Lol well from all I have read they have concluded it was not around Dec at all for sure so if there was a known comet or such passing the time of it's last pass would rule out or verify the OP's idea.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

interesting stuff, so it may have never come this way before.

Comet C/2012 S1 will come to perihelion (closest approach to the Sun) on 28 November 2013

Its orbit is nearly parabolic, which suggests that it may be a dynamically new comet coming freshly from the Oort cloud.

Some of the orbital elements of comet C/2012 S1 are similar to that of the Great Comet of 1680 which suggests the two comets may have fragmented from the same parent body.[9] Earth is expected to pass through the orbit of the comet on 14–15 January 2014, which may result in the creation of a meteor shower.[10]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
ISON is wholly unrelated to the birth of Christ.
Why do I say this?

"...the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was." (Matthew 2:9)

Stars don't do this.

Now, looking at it logically...

- the star appeared in the East (so, obviously, the Magi were in the West - actually, they were in Babylon, to be specific. There are reasons why I believe this, I won't go into that now though - suffice to say that it ties in with the book of Daniel, the book of Numbers (the story of Baalam) and the book of Micah).

- the star led the Magi EAST, until they arrived in Jerusalem (Matthew 2:1)...

- and then led them SOUTH to Bethlehem (Matthew 2:9)...

- before stopping OVER THE HOUSE in which Jesus was staying.

So... obviously this cannot be a literal star. You don't follow a star East for weeks, maybe even months, only to suddenly have it appear in the South instead of the East... nor do you have it suddenly stop moving once you arrive at your destination.

Delve a little deeper...
the word translated as 'star' in the book of Matthew is "ἀστέρα" - or, transliterated, "astera".
This word is also used to describe angels (Revelation 1:20, 6:13, and many others).

...so there's your answer.
Not a literal star, nor a comet...
but something entirely more supernatural. Personally I believe it was the Shekinah Glory (as in the Old Testament temple & tabernacle) that led the way to Christ.

edit on 18-2-2013 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2013 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Jesus was not born on this day , truth is , is that Christians don't really know when he was born

December 25, first off, this date was not celebrated as the birth of Christ until 354 AD, when Pope Julius I choose this date because it coincided with Pagan rituals. The main purpose was to supplant the pagan holiday with a Christian holiday.

www.funtrivia.com...

i know wiki is not 100% , however their is allot of good info

you can also research it for your self HERE
edit on 18-2-2013 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think ISON could certainly be used as a prophetic
tool by the failing Roman Catholic Church.
They need a Savior.
We'll know for sure if they pick a Pope named Peter,
that they've totally lost it.

And 2000 years prior to JC,
wasn't Horus the result of Thoth visiting the Virgin
Isis and telling her she was pregnant with the Savior?
His birth on Dec.25th foretold by a star in the East. Sirius. (Isis)
Thoth told Isis her birth would be visited by the 3 kings..... of Orion's Belt.
Which all point on the Horizon on Dec.25 to a upwardly moving newly born Sun.
Our Savior's movement being dormant since the 22nd,
or "dead" for 3 days, now born again,begins its uphill climb to Spring.
edit on 18-2-2013 by sealing because: grammer

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

It is really a matter of opinion, whether it did actually "move east then South", is a question of whether this account was written exactly as it was experienced 2000 years ago.

Moreover, after centuries of translations, actual details pertaining to the event may have a also been distorted or lost in translation, if you will.

Hence, we can only speculate, that an event pertaining to a "bright object" in the sky was observed, written and passed through generations.

The significance of the "bright object in the sky" to me, is what signifies the link with the coming comet ISON.

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere

Jesus was not born on this day , truth is , is that Christians don't really know when he was born

December 25, first off, this date was not celebrated as the birth of Christ until 354 AD, when Pope Julius I choose this date because it coincided with Pagan rituals. The main purpose was to supplant the pagan holiday with a Christian holiday.

www.funtrivia.com...

i know wiki is not 100% , however their is allot of good info

you can also research it for your self HERE
edit on 18-2-2013 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

As to whether the coming event signifies anything, ritualistically, is open for debate.

It is also interesting to note from your link, about the pagan date of 25th December, if you will.

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

EVERY KNOWN METEORITE FALL ON EARTH

This map shows every meteorite fall on Earth that we know about; where scientists have found either meteorites or impact craters. Some of these craters and meteorite fragments date as far back as the year 2,300 BCE. The data for the image is from the US Meteorological Society and does not show places where meteorites might have fallen but no trace has yet been found.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

yep, on the 25th, He was 4 months old....you know, old enough to have visitors bring Him gifts.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

If you can explain further how this ties in with Comet ISON and the Star of Bethlehem...???

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Inner peace, S&F for this most intersting subject! I think you will find this video interesting in regard to the Star of bethlehem, astrology, prophecy, and researching history. It gets more to the point of what he (Steven Mc Eveety) has discovered around 25 minutes in but I do recommend watching the whole video. To sum it up, he used a program similar to stellarium and went back over 2000 years to see what was in the sky according to key reference times in the bible. From there he was able to match up prophecies according to what was being viewed in the sky.

Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

Thanks Alchemst7, I've seen this documentary some time ago..

Truly, interesting indeed, this is actually where I drew my inspiration.

Thanks for posting this....

Off to watch an old favorite...

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Would it be possible to add comet C/2012 S1 (ISON) into the math trajectory of these star programs like Stellaris and see if it somehow matches up with Steven McEveetys discovery in his video?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012

Yes but that does not mean that you can warp and distort it as you see fit. Jesus was not born in December and personally I don't think he was ever born. But I don't believe the new testament even bothers to mention the day of his birth. We created the concept of jesus and his birthday.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012

Yes but that does not mean that you can warp and distort it as you see fit. Jesus was not born in December and personally I don't think he was ever born. But I don't believe the new testament even bothers to mention the day of his birth. We created the concept of jesus and his birthday.

The fact remains that both you and I cannot prove the Date of Birth or the existence of Christ, either way.

Also, the fact remains, we traditionally celebrate "Christmas Day" on the 25th December, signifying the birth of Christ, or just another special day for others, and we have our "once-in-life-time" comet display, during this festive season.

Do you not find this rather intriguing at the least?

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join