It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groom mine, Medlin Ranch; Possible entrances?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
OK. so I've been having a look on Google earth and I was wondering if anyone does know any legitimate way in. No RC planes etc. just a genuine way in. I've heard Steve Medlin is allowed onto restricted area for his annual cattle roundup and I do know that there is a mine in/ around the restricted area called Groom mine (search it on Google Earth) and I need information on. I am unsure wether it is privately owned or if it is still in use. I think it is owned by a reputable family from the Tikaboo valley area however I will not give away any names. Range 61 has a possible entrance which consists of a gate with a trespass notice on it which could prove a good entrance. If anyone knows any other ways in I would appreciate a reply but mostly I need info on the mine desperately !!
Thankyou

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Thomasz

Medlin is allowed to cross the imaginary line where the signs are to recover cattle. That's it. I've camped there over 30 times and I've witnessed his trucks drive by the border a few times

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'd imagine that the security there also has access to Google Earth.

Ya think they might have noticed what you did and covered those entrances?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Fair point but look at this-

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Thomasz

Interesting pics. Haven't seen those before.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Medlin is allowed to cross the imaginary line where the signs are to recover cattle. That's it. I've camped there over 30 times and I've witnessed his trucks drive by the border a few times

Note Steve Medlin radios ahead before crossing the border.

There are interviews with the Groom Mine owners done by George Knapp. The base is very careful who gets to visit the mine, and apparently a KLAS reporter and videographer don't make the approved list.

Also note Range 61 is a live bombing range. That is reason alone not to go there. I've watching it shot up by the AC-130. I don't recall ever seeing it bombed. The AC-130 uses irfrared tracers, but they put out a reasonable amount of visible red light as well. Looking at reports of "laser" beams over the range over the years, I'm sure they are just tracer fire. In general, the military like infrared lasers. An IR laser has a very pure spectrum, so it is really invisible.

There are two Range 61 gates. One is the where Jim Wilson went to by accident and declared the base had moved. It used to have a repeater, but that is long gone. The other gate is further east. The nice part about this gate is you can inspect the security camera close up.
Range 61 gate security camera
The road to this gate is decent, but it is rarely traveled. And of course, the dudes will visit.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomasz
Range 61 has a possible entrance which consists of a gate with a trespass notice on it which could prove a good entrance. If anyone knows any other ways in I would appreciate a reply but mostly I need info on the mine desperately !!
Thankyou

There are numerous "gates", including 6 of them NE of Bald Mountain denoted as Bald Mountain Gates 1 - 6. I have a bucket list going of gates I want to visit, so far I have visited about half of the 19 I am aware of.

Keep in mind - there are ZERO gates you will be able to cross and not be detected. Even on a quad or dirtbike, which I have used to visit gates. The cammo dudes eventually turn up. Either through road detectors, camera's on Bald Mountain, etc. they will know you are there. Using a known gate is the wrong approach...

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by Thomasz

Interesting pics. Haven't seen those before.

I posted those on here way back. In fact, the first pic with the rectangle around the base - I put the rectangle on.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Do you mind if I ask you who/where you acquired those photos from because the ones you posted I had never seen before in my years of Area 51 research? i.e the one with the pickup truck which has a licence plate reading "groom". By the way, I love you youtube vids-I'm assuming you're thekookofkong?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I was wrong. I remember your pics now that I think about it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

As a follow up to Foster's post, gates are "choke points". When you set up emids (sensors), you can't cover everywhere. So you place the sensors in areas that are likely to be crossed. Roads and gates are prime territory. If the road has an intersection, you place the sensors on all four sections around the intersection. That way you can detect the direction of travel, even turns.

Cameras can't see everywhere. The fixed cameras point at obvious targets, like the gate. So if you are a contractor, you might radio your location after tripping the alarm, then the dudes can see you on the camera. Some areas have barrels with a number on them, so you can say what location you are at in a repeatable fashion.

Some cameras are on pan/tilt/zoom. This is the case for the large "telescope' on Bald Mountain, as well as the Bald Mountain camera at the southern most gate. Also the new tower cameras at the front and back gate.

Front gate PTZ camera: 37°20'39.07"N 115°39'24.84"W

Back gate PTZ camera:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomasz

Do you mind if I ask you who/where you acquired those photos from because the ones you posted I had never seen before in my years of Area 51 research? i.e the one with the pickup truck which has a licence plate reading "groom".

It's been a while, as I recall they were posted on Webshots or a different photo sharing website. I managed to grab them in high-res before they removed them. And damned if I didn't somehow delete the high-res ones. I didn't discover them, I just had a feeling they were gonna get pulled so I grabbed them.

Original thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

By the way, I love you youtube vids-I'm assuming you're thekookofkong?

Thanks, yeah that's mine.

top topics

join