It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Such Thing As Evolution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction

as for evolution there is more proof of God than proof of evolution.

And what proof would that be?

OH yea the Bible said it

The Bible... A flawed book written by a species with even more flaws...

When are people going to open their minds?..
The Bible is just a guide and, as such, was NEVER meant to be taken literally.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
In my beliefs, God and evolution co-exist. Go has always been. God got bored one day and decided to play intergalactic marbles, hence the big bang. IMO, God set evrything in motion and let the chips fall where they may. In comes free will. The eye was stated as a reason for evolutin being bunk. Well, to that I say the eye proves evolution, proves God. But my version of God is probably much different from most. IMO, God is not some giant old man that presides over his sheeple. God is more like a the thread that ties us all together with everything else in the universe.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Christians tend to create a bastion of circular logic around themselves: We know God exists becuase the Bible says so, and we know the Bible is right becuase God wrote it, and we know God wrote the Bible becuase the Bible says so...

Deep

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Christians tend to create a bastion of circular logic around themselves: We know God exists becuase the Bible says so, and we know the Bible is right becuase God wrote it, and we know God wrote the Bible becuase the Bible says so...

Deep

Not only that but I love the fact that they say it is impossible for a one celled creature to evolve by itself but have NO PROBLEM saying that an allpowerful being (that just happens to look just like us) can come from nothing.

Which is more complex?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Amen

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Our awareness of God is the same as bacteria's awareness about us. God It's a concept unfathomable by humans to be understand. Humans tend to think they are the Universe's highest acchievement, that is a very bad starting point for thinking out of the box.

[edit on 31-10-2004 by Vladtepes]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The best proof I have seen that evolution doesn't occur can be found right here on ATS.

Within these hallowed halls are many, many of my fellow members who hold the same ideas today that they came here with. They haven't evolved at all, and might just as well write a script to post the same old tired arguments to the forums.

Working against that theory, however, are the many examples of those who came to ATS with various preconceptions but ultimately ended up shedding some of them.

They are the best proof that evolution does, in fact, exist.

But there is a caveat for the theory: Not everything that can evolve does evolve.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Actually, we don't "see."

Our brains interpret what wavelengths bounce off different objects in our environment, ultimately bouncing to our eye lens and then into our retna.

It's actually very similar to the Matrix.

What is reality?

Nothing but super small things vibrating at different speeds.

Blind people don't see, but they can hear.

What is hearing?

Are there really sounds?

Or do our brains just decide what different vibrations are going to stand for?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well does a human not start as ONE fertalized egg cell? Then divide and form an embryo?

The only reason grass is green is because someone TOLD you its green.

No such thing as evolution...........Im calling Rod Serling because I must have entered the twilight zone. oooo wwweee

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I don�t have a really good knowledge about evolution, so you might want to tell me how it works..

For instance, how did a single protein cell, billions of years ago suddenly exist (from nothing).

And then, assuming that it did exist (from nothing), how was it able to reproduce to create 2 protein cells when it was genetically impossible to do... (and this is assuming that this cell was strong enough to survive an inhabitable environment).

So assuming these very very very impossible things actually happened, how were these primitive organisms guided to create what we have now?

I.e. grass, vegetables, fruits, trees, and variety of species?

And then how the hell did an environment suddenly exist that was capable of supporting these life forms?

Take for granted that I am an ignorant hick that knows absolutely nothing about creation or evolution, explain it to me!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The basic theory of evolution is surprisingly simple. It has three essential parts:
It is possible for the DNA of an organism to occasionally change, or mutate. A mutation changes the DNA of an organism in a way that affects its offspring, either immediately or several generations down the line.

The change brought about by a mutation is either beneficial, harmful or neutral. If the change is harmful, then it is unlikely that the offspring will survive to reproduce, so the mutation dies out and goes nowhere. If the change is beneficial, then it is likely that the offspring will do better than other offspring and so will reproduce more. Through reproduction, the beneficial mutation spreads. The process of culling bad mutations and spreading good mutations is called natural selection.

As mutations occur and spread over long periods of time, they cause new species to form. Over the course of many millions of years, the processes of mutation and natural selection have created every species of life that we see in the world today, from the simplest bacteria to humans and everything in between.

So to make a long story short. A giraffe did not get a long neck because he had to keep stretching its neck to get food in a tree. A mutant giraffe was born with a long neck and it could eat more and hence produce more offspring. The long necker giraffe won the battle of natural selection and as always survival of the fittest.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
well, I saw on the news this week a mutent kid with a cone head. So if he has kids, will they evolve into a new cone head class of humans?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by shmick25
well, I saw on the news this week a mutent kid with a cone head. So if he has kids, will they evolve into a new cone head class of humans?

If the gene is passed on to his kids, and they continue to do well in there life, then yes, you could start seeing conheaded people in the future.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
shmick25

Aside from the sillyness, here are a few good resources:

TheRCG.org
www.evolutioncruncher.us
www.creationdesign.org
science.howstuffworks.com...

And probably the biggest question we all have may be answered here:
science.howstuffworks.com...

According to what I've read over the years, if it wasn't for the carbon atom existing, no organic material would have a shot of developing.

Although, it might be possible to have a silicon based biological structure. Some scientists think that if we find some other form of life that isn't based on cardbon like us, silicon will be the most likley other option.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
In a thread several weeks ago, I, like Amuk, also asked the creation only believers to explain how God can come from nothing, and still await an answer. I also said that one can also believe in both. Creationists will tell you that The Bible is not to be taken literally, unless of course it suits their purpose. Obviously the authors of the OT attempted to provide some information relative to the beginning of mankind, without having to write a thesis. In that they gave a clue as to evolution:

These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created,...
"Generations being the operative word.

The notion that mutation is not possible is not supported by the creationist theory, in that we know that if two closely related individuals produce offspring, that offspring will likely bear a genetic defect. If we forget for a moment that Eve shared Adam's DNA, creationists have to accept the fact that her sons had to have mated with her or their sisters in order to produce offspring, and therefore it stands to reason that we are today a mutation from Adam and Eve.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Assassin

Originally posted by spyke
Amen

Finally, someone who 'gets it'!

Spread the word dude...
Now all I need to do is explain to people how NOT TO 'HELP' (create/prolong) TRAFFIC JAMS and my work on this earth is done...

[edit on 10/31/2004 by Assassin]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The bible is a great book. A great book of fiction. It is a set of little books to keep order within its religion. Written by folks who at the time were worried about order. Hey, lets write this, call it the word of 'god' and if they don't fall in line with our way of thinking...................Lets have an Inquisition! A Pogram! If that doesn't work WAR!

Ohh, I better go check my ribs. According to the Bible I am missing one.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Ok, I want to go back beyond the evolution of us.
Where did everything come from? Something had to create the universe. And before that, something had to create what ever else was around before then. And before that, something else before that.

For instance, if you saw a boat floating around in space, you would be asking yourself.. who the hell created that boat? Much the same with anything.. who created it?? Chance cant create something because something has to create chance!

For instance.. if I fell over randomally, just by chance, it was because of a set of other circumstances.. my brain stopped working or something. So for chance to exist, something must be in place to let it exist.

It is impossible to create something from nothing, and even if you could, something would have to create it!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well then, which came first? The chicken or the egg? I would have to say the egg that was laid by something and a chicken cracked the egg to start the mutated the dna strand and gene.

Who knows what happened to start the cell of life as you know it. Just like most inventions, not sh** but evolution happens. A spark, a gas, a whatever accidently came together to form you.

Do you REALLY care? Did you ever stop to think that maybe YOU are the missing link? Maybe you carry the mutant strand of dna that makes life possible?

There are no easy answers. But bowing down to a 'god' is not it. So the Romans were wrong? The Greeks were wrong? Oh a sun god, the Earth is flat. BUT then discovery and Eureka!! Your gods are false!!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Impossible to create something from nothing?????

Come now, surely you jest.

( He did not really say that right? )

I am going to use that from now on. Something from nothing.

You got it! Plastic was ALWAYS here we just figured out how to mix the molecules to make Reynolds plastic wrap!

It was ALWAYS here, we just figured it out the manipulation involed to make it the way you use it.

Oh, rubber was always 'here', but Goodyear figured out how to vulcanize it to fit your tire!

New Paradigm. Earth plus plastic! Enjoy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join