It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The growing list of counties officially opposing the NYS SAFE act in NYS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hello folks as many of you know I am following this issue on the NYS (UN)SAFE ACT deeply, as it very much effects me and my family being residents of the state of NY. I wanted to bring this topic to ATS and put it out there for all the folks who live out of state that really don't have a clue as to what we are fighting up here, and to keep informed those that do. All info contained in this thread is current as of today, as more counties get added I will try my best to update this list and map to reflect the changes. If anyone out there thinks that us NYer's are just sitting back on our butts doing nothing you will be very surprised to find out that we are actively committed to the repeal of this and other recent laws neutering out 2nd rights. So heres the info for your consumption.

Counties that have passed anti-SAFE act resolutions Herkimer County 1/23/13 Link Warren County (Thanks Robertesq1) 1/25/13 Link 1 Link 2 Fulton County 1/28/13 Link Ulster County??? Link Link 2 ***Ulster not yet final. See below and explanation on pages 4 & 5.*** Lewis County 2/5/13 Link Putnam County - 2/6/13 Link Link 2 Orange County 2/7/13 Link Hamilton County 2/7/13 Link Yates County 2/11/13 Link Wyoming County 2/12/13 Link Madison County 2/12/13 Link Rensselaer County 2/12/13 per thekid_1 Link Tioga County 2/13/13 Link Livingston County 2/13/13 Link Cattaraugus County 2/13/13 (Thanks kab85) Link Orleans County 2/13/13(Thanks thekid_1) Link Oneida County 2/13/13 (Thanks to evileyeswatchin and moab 421) Link Oswego County 2/14/13 Link Washington County - 2/15/13 Link 1 Link 2 Schoharie County 2/15/13 Link

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_9/516140_The_growing_list_of_counties_officially_opposing_the_NYS_SAFE_act__Now_with_more_opposition_.html&page=1[ /url]

Counties currently working on anti-SAFE act resolutions Schoharie County to vote 2/15/13 Link Link 2 PASSED. Oswego County to vote 2/14/13 Info More info PASSED. Greene County to vote in special session 2/19/13 + 2/20/13 Link Ulster County to vote 2/19/13 per goodorbit Link Vote moved to Ulster Performing Arts Center *Official Notice of change* Niagara County to vote 2/19/13 per wnycollector. Link Rockland County to vote 2/19/13 Link Chautauqua County to vote during the week of 2/18 Link Genesee County discussion scheduled for 2/19 per Shott8283 Link St. Lawrence County is holding a public forum on 2/19/13. See updated link. Link Updated info Erie County to vote 2/21/13? Info More info Allegany County to vote 2/25/13 Link Montgomery County to vote 2/26/13 Link Delaware County working on resolution for 2/27/13 per Prominus. Updated Link Otsego County to vote 3/6/13 Link Ontario County revised vote date 3/7/13 Updated Link Dutchess County to vote in March per Flashbang1 - see page 5 Wayne County see page 8 Link Jefferson County vote date to be determined Info More info Cayuga County Link Chenango County to draft a resolution in February Link Monroe County - possible resolution per Aimless. Anyone else have info on this? Last Updated 2/17/13 8:47 pm

I included the link to the site that has been working round the clock keeping track of all the info coming in, and what a hell of a job they have been doing updating and just getting the info out.

The counties in green are passed and the counties in yellow are pending, and all the others need to decide what they want to do. But as you all can see the majority of NYS doesn't want this. As always thanks for looking and any residents in NYS in counties not shaded need to contact their local officials and pressure them to make a choice, either your with us or against us.
edit on 18-2-2013 by jaynkeel because: fix link

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Why are you fighting this?

Seems to me that the best course for you, if you think its unconstitutional, is to let it go into effect in all its glory then run it up to the Supreme Court so they can make a definitive ruling and set a precedence so this stuff can never be passed again.

If you stop it without doing that they may just pass it again.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Why are you fighting this?

Seems to me that the best course for you, if you think its unconstitutional, is to let it go into effect in all its glory then run it up to the Supreme Court so they can make a definitive ruling and set a precedence so this stuff can never be passed again.

If you stop it without doing that they may just pass it again.

There are several legal suits filed in the state of NY to fight this as well. And if you honestly can't understand why we are against this then you have no business here in this thread. To be honest this thread isn't about the specifics of whats in the law it's the following of the progression of who supports it and who doesn't. If you wanna debate the actual law please take it to one of the many other threads already in existence and do it there, otherwise your just straying off topic. But hey thanks for taking a look and have a wonderful holiday.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I understand perfectly why people don't like it.

But if court cases have started then you should be victorious fairly soon when the Supreme Court rules this unconstitutional and throws it out.

Unless you don't think its unconstitutional then I could see why you would want it stopped.

Do you think they can legally pass this?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

It's not about lawsuits. It's letting the politicians know what the people will or will not stand for and slapping them down before they can get started. If this went to the Supreme Court, how many years till it got a ruling? How long do the people have to abide by an unconstitutional law till it's fixed? How many go to jail over something that should have never made it on the books?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I think they will continue to do sneaky late night legislation and try to ram it through. But in the long run I think the people will have the final say in the matter. The whole subject from the get go was handled improperly and done behind closed doors without the normal 3 day discovery to the population, which would have put the kibosh on it right then and there. I keep telling people right now it's about guns and ammo even if your not into those things the next laws slammed through will be on something that does effect you directly. And I think people are starting to wake up to that fact. And there is some confusion as to what they can do in the mean time concerning the law going into effect while there is legal suits going on, but this whole topic is shrouded with confusion to be honest.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

So how are you going to fix an unconstitutional law without going to the Supreme Court?

It will take a couple of years at most probably. But then you will never have to worry about it again. Are you saying you'd prefer battling these politicians for decades to come everytime they get a bug up their butt to pass stuff like this?

Doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I don't wanna stray to far off topic myself but I will include this little nugget so some folks that are unfamiliar with this law can get a glimpse into it. This example concerns a magazine for a rifle and the punishment for the possession of under the new laws, mind you not even owning a rifle for the magazine just simply having in your possession the magazine.

So owning a 30 rnd mag after next year is worse than... 120.70 - Luring a child | E Felony 121.11 - Criminal obstruction of breathing or blood circulation | A Misdemeanor 125.10 - Criminally negligent homicide | E Felony 130.20 - Sexual misconduct | A Misdemeanor 130.25 - Rape 3rd degree | E Felony 130.40 - Criminal sexual act 3rd degree | E Felony 130.52 - Forcible touching | A Misdemeanor 130.53 - Persistent sexual abuse | E Felony (repeat child molester, must be caught and convicted in two separate cases before the charges even reach this level) 130.65A - Aggravated sexual abuse 4th degree | E Felony 130.85 - Female genital mutilation | E Felony 135.05 - Unlawful imprisonment 2nd degree | A Misdemeanor 135.10 - Unlawful imprisonment 1st degree | E Felony 135.45 - Custodial interference 2nd degree | A Misdemeanor 135.50 - Custodial interference 1st degree | E Felony 135.55 - Substitution of children | E Felony (switched at birth type of thing) 135.60 - Coercion 2nd degree | A Misdemeanor 150.01 - 5th degree Arson | A Misdemeanor 150.05 - 4th degree Arson | E Felony 178.10 - 4th degree Criminal diversion of prescription medications and prescriptions | A Misdemeanor 178.15 - 3rd degree Criminal diversion of prescription medications and prescriptions | E Felony 220.28 - Use of a child to commit a controlled substance offense | E Felony 240.05 - Riot 2nd degree | A Misdemeanor 240.06 - Riot 1st degree | E Felony 240.08 - Inciting to riot | A Misdemeanor 240.10 - Unlawful assembly | B Misdemeanor 240.15 - Criminal anarchy | E Felony 240.20 - Disorderly conduct | Violation 240.61 - Placing a false bomb or hazardous substance 2nd degree | E Felony 250.45 - Unlawful surveillance 2nd degree | E felony (Hidden cams for sexual gratification) 255.25 - Incest 3rd degree | E Felony 263.11 - Possessing an obscene sexual performance by a child | E Felony 263.16 - Possessing a sexual performance by a child | E Felony

link   

We do have to battle them every few decades. They just keep changing the language, hoping to slide something through. Supreme Court rules on one, they just try another.

link   
due to the concentration of wealth and power in new york it would be a logical choice for a foriegn power to want to control.
it's bad enough to accomplish that covertly, which may have already happened (think NY Fed.), but a physical takeover would be bad news indeed.

OP, we real members here are all with you on this, thanks for keeping us informed!

link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

I think they will continue to do sneaky late night legislation and try to ram it through. But in the long run I think the people will have the final say in the matter. The whole subject from the get go was handled improperly and done behind closed doors without the normal 3 day discovery to the population, which would have put the kibosh on it right then and there. I keep telling people right now it's about guns and ammo even if your not into those things the next laws slammed through will be on something that does effect you directly. And I think people are starting to wake up to that fact. And there is some confusion as to what they can do in the mean time concerning the law going into effect while there is legal suits going on, but this whole topic is shrouded with confusion to be honest.

I'm not arguing with you and I agree with what your writing. I also do not like how this was handled but my point was that its rather pointless to get worked up about it now. Its obvious they aren't going to change their minds so simply let the court process work itself out.

I would however become active in the next election cycle and try to vote those guys out. Perhaps this would be a great issue to use as the base of your arguments. Your liberal leadership in NY is on some sort of weird banning trip.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Thank OP, as I can understand why the counties are taking it in there hands what they will and won't allow. It's been blatently obvious that the "Elite" will do anything they can to pass law's that undermine the Constitution/Amendments/Bill of RIghts however you look at it, this holds true. Enough counties pass this and enough states stand up for themselves and say "No, this is not happening" and (Well I honestly think they would have anyway) the Supreme Court will have no choice but to throw it out. S&F for the update OP thank you.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Oh I know you weren't arguing with me sorry if it came out crass.
Your questions have been very thought out and I appreciate your input to this.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The first thing i noticed about the map showing the counties for,against and undecided is that "they" are continuing to divide america.
First it was east coast vs west coast, north vs south, state vs state, now they have us divided all the way right down to the local level of county vs county, divide and conquer.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
The first thing i noticed about the map showing the counties for,against and undecided is that "they" are continuing to divide america.
First it was east coast vs west coast, north vs south, state vs state, now they have us divided all the way right down to the local level of county vs county, divide and conquer.

To be honest people will always be divided it's what defines us as individuals. If we all thought alike it would be boring. But if your leaning to the purposeful intentional divide then yes that is not good. They will always play one side against the other politics thrives off of that garbage. In this case though a lot of people's rights are at stake here, and it isn't as simple as gun no gun it's deeper than that. If you examine what is in the new law it makes a violent felon out of someone where the crime does not fit the punishment. But many of our laws do that I will admit. Thanks for having a look.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I'm not arguing with you and I agree with what your writing. I also do not like how this was handled but my point was that its rather pointless to get worked up about it now. Its obvious they aren't going to change their minds so simply let the court process work itself out.

On the contrary. Now is exactly the time to get worked up about it. It's time for the people of this country to make a stand, and a statement with their voice, AND their actions. Which is what is being done here. States and counties are passing legislation to countermand this kind of travesty. The courts can drag their feet, and argue this out all they want. But Americans in droves are finally standing up, and saying NO! This isn't happening!

I very much applaud what is happening here. A clear message is being sent to the feds in all three branches. NO!!! We don't give our consent to this!!! This is what has needed to happen repeatedly since this was an issue right before the revolutionary war.

We the people ARE this country. And while I'm all for the republic, and the rule of law. I'm also for the people standing up to the three branches of our government when its time to do so. That includes the Judicial branch.

It's time to do so.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

We the people ARE this country. And while I'm all for the republic, and the rule of law. I'm also for the people standing up to the three branches of our government when its time to do so. That includes the Judicial branch. It's time to do so.
reply to post by Klassified

Grand slam right here. This drives the point home on so many levels. It's a troubling time but a great time to be alive, to see people aligning on this very important issue. The people are tired of being used and they have spoken.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I had high hopes of attending the meeting tomorrow but looks like I will not make it back in town in time for the meeting so I will update on my local situation as soon as the details come out. Have a few people that should be there so it will be a quick response.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by jaynkeel

I understand perfectly why people don't like it.

But if court cases have started then you should be victorious fairly soon when the Supreme Court rules this unconstitutional and throws it out.

Unless you don't think its unconstitutional then I could see why you would want it stopped.

Do you think they can legally pass this?

Because we have a Supreme Court which is too willing to go along with the unConstitutional legislation being brought about by the NWO. Justice Roberts calling Obamacare a tax making it Constitutional to force all Americans to purchase insurance or pay a fine. This is a disgusting breach of the American trust if you ask me. Why should we expect the Supremes to do what's right even in something as glaring as the 2nd Amendment? The Court is breached with liberal activists and those who refuse to fight for the right thing.

And there are plenty of lower court judges who are also activist liberal types. This is how they have been able to make inroads into the system.
Still, a lot of Americans are awake to what is going on with this particular attack on our liberties.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64

It's not about lawsuits. It's letting the politicians know what the people will or will not stand for and slapping them down before they can get started. If this went to the Supreme Court, how many years till it got a ruling? How long do the people have to abide by an unconstitutional law till it's fixed? How many go to jail over something that should have never made it on the books?

Agenda 21 is also a trojan horse because it works at the local level to implement UN policies. Diabolical, but communities have already thrown it out in some places. Some things are best being stopped in their tracks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join