It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we're Alone Now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Originally posted by CJCrawley Ufology had some mileage in the 40s and 50s, but, from about the mid 1960s, we've known for definite that there is no other life in the solar system, that only Earth is in the habitable zone vis-a-vis the sun.

This is pretty much wrong, so is your statement about Alpha Centauri.

What's wrong about it?

My statement was about Proxima Centauri, not Alpha Centauri.

Proxima Centauri is our sun's nearest star neighbour, which is why I said Proxima Centauri and not Alpha Centauri, which is more distant.

But of course you knew that.

Why do you think we're going to Mars and digging holes, searching for possibly still existing (or formerly existing) life on Mars?

I think "formerly existing" is probably the operative phrase here, but who knows, eh?

I doubt any life forms they may find will turn out to have the ability to build and operate flying saucers.

In the last few decades...we made TONS of discoveries which entirely contradict what you just said

Name a few.

we found TONS of possibly "Earth like" planets, one or more of them also around Alpha Centauri.

Indeed, but they're too distant from Earth to support the hypothesis of alien visitation, which was the point I was labouring to convey in my post.

We found a possibility for life on some planet's moons, like Mars' Europa. We found possibly microbes on meteorites and a TON of other evidence that life is out there. RIGHT NOW we do *not* know whether somewhere in our solar system is life or not.

Yes, yes, but it's not really what we are talking about, is it?

It's only complex, intelligent life that we need concern ourselves with here, life similar to humans

......not microbes on Europa, or anywhere else, fascinating in itself though that might be.

Do you know anything about 'the Goldilocks zone' ?

Go away and read about it, because it's sort of crucial to this whole question about life on other planets.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
More words.....not good enough as far as i'm concerned...as far as the Belgian case goes....nothing, nada, zilch...only words and some Radar anomalies....sorry...i dont want to piss on people parade here....i respect any ones right to tell their own story....i would love it to be true...But at the end of the day we still have nothing

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Dr. Roger Leir has had the objects tested by some of the most prestigious labs in the USA. I asked Dr. Leir what he thought the purpose of the implants were and he informed me that his best guess was that they were changing the DNA of the person in whom they were inserted. He doesn’t believe that they are tracking devices. LINK ~ L.A. Marzulli's Blog

I'm not going to respond to the rest of your post, but this part as it is the only part of your post I think is relevant. After digging around a bit, I was able to find this on the Podatrist's website.

That was the "summary" of a much larger PDF file that goes in-depth into the data. In both files, the researchers don't even mention the word "extraterrestrial", let alone alluding to anything that may suggest an extraterrestrial source in the analysis.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Other people may not like me saying this or they might think I'm foolish or gullible, but I'll say that with:
1) the number of stars in our galaxy numbering in the hundreds of billions (estimates are anywhere from 100 billion to a trillion or more depending on various factors) and
2) recent surveys of exoplanets that reveal a galaxy with billions of earth-sized planets potentially within their habitable zones
3) the numbers of rogue planets being anywhere from billions to potentially 100 quadrillion.... all drifting in our galaxy with the potential for the right circumstances to harbor simple life
4) vast numbers of moons and comets and dwarf planets and asteroids
5) potential for prelife ingredients being produced in clouds of materials throughout the galaxy

WE HAVE ALREADY BEEN VISITED AND THE ALIENS KNOW ABOUT US. A person honestly has to stick their head in the sand to think otherwise. Given tens of thousands of years to advance, humans will acquire the ability to observe and network mass volumes of information about our galaxy and the idea that we will be ignorant of other space faring civilizations elsewhere is asinine.

I wouldn't be surprised if they could casually observe Earth as easily as we observe Mars. They've had plenty of time to watch Earth develop in its many stages. They watched as humans changed the face of the earth thousands of years ago. They've probably developed elaborate precautions.

You might argue that we're indeed alone based on surface appearances, but my argument is that it's more likely there's a conspiracy of uncompromising silence than it's that life is obscenely rare. I'm saying that aliens either treat us with extreme caution and/or our governments are lying to us. This is more likely to me than the idea that ET life is so unexpectedly rare that we're alone.

I think we're more like a baby in the womb than a lone baby in an empty soulless galaxy.

Sooner or later we'll know for sure. Sorry that I used caps.
edit on 18-2-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
More words.....not good enough as far as i'm concerned...as far as the Belgian case goes....nothing, nada, zilch...only words and some Radar anomalies....sorry...i dont want to piss on people parade here....i respect any ones right to tell their own story....i would love it to be true...But at the end of the day we still have nothing

The problem is not rejecting alien visitation, the problem is to say that because aliens are not here, then we are alone. It is quite the leap in logic. What evidence do you have that would suggest aliens could even get here assuming they exist? Seeing as existence to you is defined by their ability to interact with us.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Diablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by Tardacus

If you want people to take you seriously, you need to start thinking critically.

I don't hear anyone claiming they have seen unicorns and leprechauns. I hear people, sometimes masses of people claiming to have witnessed aerial objects or unexplained objects in flight. To me that is real even if the witnesses are incapable of flagging down or leaping in the air to capture these objects (I am being facetious, but I hope you see my sarcasm).

There are probably millions of accounts of UFO sightings but I can tell you I have yet to hear someone say they have actually seen a unicorn.

maybe you misunderstood what i am saying or I didn`t explain it clearly.

no, people don`t claim to see unicorns,dragons and leprechauns now but in the past people did,but we don`t believe them now because they never found any proof.after hundreds of years no one was ever able to produce any evidence to back up their eyewitness accounts of seeing those things so at some point the general consensus became that those things do not exist and never existed.
There is nothing to stop people from continuing to look for those things even now, but most people know that it would be a futile waste of time so people don`t look for those things now.
It`s not possible to prove that those things don`t exist so why did people stop looking for proof of their existence?

How long do people continue looking for proof of UFO`s and aliens,and not finding proof,before the general consensus is that they don`t exist and never existed?
do we look for 100 years without finding the proof? 200 years, 1,000 years?or do people never stop looking for proof of something that might not even exist?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Another thing...

With solar sails we could reach the nearest star in 7000 years.

With enough advances, we could cut travel time down to less than 1000 years.

Think about that. Solar sails!!! Not super duper anti-matter drive spaceships!

When we're truly able to live on our spaceships, we'll be able to go literally anywhere. The question is, once we have developed this technology, why would we even want to live on a planet anyway? When we can live anywhere, including deep inside asteroids or moons or similar things, why choose earth? It's something I often wonder about. We will be masters of information. Why even travel to a far away planet at less than light speed when you can just observe it with deep space telescopes? What's so important that you just HAVE to be there? If we ever crack fusion we'll have all the energy we need just about anywhere too. Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe. There's a plentiful supply of fuel for spaceships. It's hard to imagine them NEEDING to go places. Sure, ti's probably easier to find things near stars, but what if we're someday able to create our own?

Not to mention that we will genetically change. We probably won't even be able to live on earth without machines keeping our body alive. We will change in the next 100,000 years. For that matter, we might not even have biological bodies anymore. Why would we NEED earth-like planets?
edit on 18-2-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

I tend to agree with you somewhat, as I sit here Tonight 2/18/2013, I am 36 years old now, I have been lurking around ATS, heck since I was 30 or so, that is about 6 years, I had a vivid dream well, about 6 years ago I was 30, I awakened from it in such a profound state that I had to get on the Internet and see if I could find answers or others who had experienced the same things. I found nothing really, a few stories here and there, but nothing, I stumbled upon ATS, and ended up just hanging out on ATS, and since I have been on ats 99.9 percent of all the UFO posts regarding the Oh my gosh this is a UFO picture, can be explained or there is not enough information to say what it is or even if it is in the sky...

So yes I am tending to agree with us being alone.. When I was an adolescence, I had witnessed a UFO with two other boys, out in the country, and their was one other time around the same time period where I was with another boy as well and saw one, a few other times as well but nothing as intense as those observations..

I cannot explain them, it does not prove we are not alone, it was just a UFO.. I have seen no video on youtube, that resemble these instances either, I have been checking youtube for years now...

I have a theory thou on life beyond our understanding. I think life exists within a plane we cannot sense, even if we make the machines or instruments to try. I was discussing this the other night with a chat buddy in ats chat the other night, it was actually a pretty constructive conversation.. I think there are things that exist that we cannot sense, with eyes, touch, taste, ears etc. Different vibrations etc. I mean if I created Life, I would defiantly want to be Beyond its understanding forever, I mean that is the rule..

Just my opinion, I think we will remain alone in understanding what this is we live in, or life, or ourselves for that matter.. I find it humorous on how much WE, because we all do it, think we know, when we do not even understand why or the how, or even the when we are even here. I mean thinking past procreation, Earth etc.

The reason we exist, or it all exists..

We just live, yet maybe that is the meaning in the first place.. Whatever the case is, we maybe alone by someone else's choice..

Yet just like when I was seeking out answers for vivid visions, or UFO experiences I have had, sometimes I think we are just meant to revel in it...

that is a quote from a very wise man I met long ago...

"The First thing that comes to mind, is usually the wrong answer."
-My mystery man.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
You wouldn't believe the advanced technology out there that alot of people mistake for alien
spacecraft...That's all i'm saying ...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ancient Sumeria 6,000 years ago many millions of aliens on a UFO the size of a small planet depicted as a bright cross, and walked the earth visiting also mingling with man.

Some 50 years ago - 2 million aliens underground and in orbit of earth, also our solar system. 3 more million based in the solar system or in transit to earth.

Today maybe 100,000 aliens on earth and under 1 million on transit or based in the solar system.

There are probably 1 billion trillion aliens just in our galaxy.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

The problem is not rejecting alien visitation, the problem is to say that because aliens are not here, then we are alone. It is quite the leap in logic. What evidence do you have that would suggest aliens could even get here assuming they exist? Seeing as existence to you is defined by their ability to interact with us.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Diablos because: (no reason given)

This!!! Like someone mentioned our human history is very very short even if just comparing to the age of planet Earth. To believe there is no civilization that is older than ours is very naive. There have been many reports by veteran pilots to have seen UFOs executing manoeuvres that are impossible for an aircraft to do. These are pilots with over 20-30 years experience making these statements, they had to be sure and they qualify to know what should be in the sky and what shouldn't. I also read somewhere that NASA had documented seeing UFO's on all Apollo Missions.

Another case of UFO's was when a village was terrorized by white light that would pierce through ceilings and leave a red mark on the people the next day. Military officers were sent there to record and document, he made an interview recalling what he saw and 2 months later committed suicide when he was found strangled in his room.

Animal mutilations are also very interesting. Clean laser incisions with all organs removed, eyeballs are also gone. Magnetic particles (usually spherical) is also found near the bodies.

What about crop circles? There was one where a 3d image along with binary codes was printed onto a field beside a radio telescope. The telscope sent out a message describing our planet along with our elements, the crop circle showed up more than 20 years later.
*I'd like to add that crop circles usually leave stalks of plants bent and warped with intense pressure and heat. Magnetic particles are also found spreading radially from the center of crop circles.

Here is the link. www.youtube.com...
(in the video the message is decoded as "beware the bearer of false gifts and broken promises" )

Now I know some can be done by people, but a 3d image with binary code is way too much. Think about it, these happened over night. In order to know what to print, you need to have captured the message or work for the telescope station, either way it is highly unlikely.
edit on 18-2-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

I have a theory thou on life beyond our understanding. I think life exists within a plane we cannot sense, even if we make the machines or instruments to try. I was discussing this the other night with a chat buddy in ats chat the other night, it was actually a pretty constructive conversation.. I think there are things that exist that we cannot sense, with eyes, touch, taste, ears etc. Different vibrations etc. I mean if I created Life, I would defiantly want to be Beyond its understanding forever, I mean that is the rule..

Just my opinion, I think we will remain alone in understanding what this is we live in, or life, or ourselves for that matter.. I find it humorous on how much WE, because we all do it, think we know, when we do not even understand why or the how, or even the when we are even here. I mean thinking past procreation, Earth etc.

The universe is filled with things we can't see. Dark matter accounts for most of the universe (60-80%) but it is still a fairly recent discovery and we don't know much about it, only that it's there. It could be responsible for the expansion of the universe, and how the entire universe moves.

The important part is to stay open minded as there are many things science cannot explain yet.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

If we don't even know what really is reality / there is no proof of it as such, than how we can we say something doesn't exist? Your dreams exist just as much as ufo's exist, and your dreams exist as much as your so called "reality."

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It's not a matter of proof, it's a matter of what you make your reality...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

I was hoping someone was going to say something.
I would hate for Tiffany to get the credit for this awesome song.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I don't think were alone now. I think there is some other folks out there. I'm a Navy (airwing) vet and seen and heard alot. But, I'm pretty crazy now so I won't go into all that. I just can't get a grip on the fact that nobody (but me) posted this (so I want amillion stars now damn it!!)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The things you are typing are just words, tell me how you can fake all the evidence that has been published already? If you choose to be a follower and follow people who don't believe, then go ahead and be closed minded. There is an old Resistance proverb that goes something like this "He who is resistant to change, is destined to perish." I believe in that 110%, this is a perfect example of how this proverb relates to you in terms of ignorance.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
When you think about it what do we actually know about anything? Evolution is a theory, the big bang is a theory, quantum physics is still largely a mystery as is light, worm holes are only conjecture, God never pops by to let us know he exists, aliens avoid us, death never gives up its secrets. Does anyone know anything for certain? Despite technological advancements we still all playing at guessing games. Crazy Daisy!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
To the OP...

I don't think we're alone. I think it's hubris to believe that we would be able to detect any visiting
alien life forms in the first place. Or that they would possess the tech to travel across the Milky Way
and then "accidentally" crash their spaceship on our little blue ball

The Milky Way is HUGE... life IS out there--some of it less advanced and some of it more advanced.

They have visited in the past (maybe in the present) and definitely in the future.

They'll let us know about them when they get ready....

I just hope they don't turn out to be carbon/water based life forms like us and suddenly
decide we look tasty....

edit on 18-2-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If there are aliens, you will know it when THEY want you to know, not our governments. If its being covered up its because the aliens said so. I couldn't imagine anyone would argue with them... especially if they used to live here and developed the technology to leave hundreds of thousands of years ago. We could be the deformed offspring of those they left behind and they really are trying to help our dumb asses.

Ya never know

edit on 19-2-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join