It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was UFO spotted over Avalon Marshes similar to meteor fireball in Russia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hi guys.

I was going through the bits of news this morning and came by this:
www.thisissomerset.co.uk...

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Or was it, similar to the meteorite that hit Chelyabinsk yesterday morning, a space rock breaking up in the atmosphere?
Would someone please embed the pics? I am so useless at embedding - thanks in advance

There is picture of an object in the sky which looks strikingly similar to the Russian meteorite, but this one is in Somerset UK a couple of days ago. It was taken by a lady who was photographing starling flocks, and thought it was an aircraft, until she uploaded the images to her computer, and saw a close up of it.

I thought it was interesting that it looks so similar to the Russian meteor, with the two flames/trails on either side of it. I just thought I'd run it by you ATS guys to see what you make of it?

Also this, from The Sun
www.thesun.co.uk...

A MYSTERY fireball spotted in the sky over the West Country has left stargazers baffled.

The flaming object β€” similar to a meteor that rocked Russia last week β€” was snapped hurtling through the skies by a wildlife photographer.

β€œIt had no sound and you could see it with the naked eye. No one seems to know what it was.”

Thoughts?
edit on 18-2-2013 by doobydoll because: add 2nd link
edit on 18-2-2013 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

To me it looks like a plane and it's contrails illuminated by the setting sun. From my home I have an awesome unobstructed view of the sky and to the sunset, and I have seen this (or at least it's visual twin) many times.

So 'a plane' would be my guess.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DupontDeux

Oh ok.

I can only say that I have never seen a plane that looks like that.

I'm hoping some other members will be along sometime soon.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Okay this is weird.

Here is a link to a thread I posted a couple of hours ago about 'space slime' found in Somerset which has people baffled. The slime is said to occur around the time of meteor showers. Someone else posted on the thread mentioning the ufo sighting over the Avalon Marshes.

Green 'Space' Slime Baffles Experts.

new topics

top topics

join