It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic 3D Art (Solution)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Apparently... YOU can't see this...

So I think its necessary to post the solution to the problem...

Below is a Magic Eye 3D picture

Look at the Smiley faces above the picture. Diverge your eyes as though you are looking through the image into the distance between them. Diverge your focus into the distance until you see two smiley's turn into three.

When you clearly see three Smiley's at that distance the hidden 3D image will magically appear. Once you perceive the hidden image and depth, you can look around the entire 3D image easily. The longer you look, the clearer the illusion becomes.

That is the best I can do... Look HERE for a better explanation

Good luck!

edit on 18-2-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Just once I'd like to see an actual solution. It shouldn't be that difficult to "shade" the shape so one can see what you're supposed to see, including background color/pattern. I've seen the black and white solutions, but they don't make sense when applied to the repeating vomit I'm supposed to stare at.

EDIT:

When you clearly see three Smiley's at that distance the hidden 3D image will magically appear.

Lies. I just see orange chaos from one eye overlapping orange chaos from another eye with no distinct pattern or anything to match up.
edit on 18-2-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I've never had a problem seeing these things. I normally focus as is I'm looking through the picture and the image appears.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Just once I'd like to see an actual solution. It shouldn't be that difficult to "shade" the shape so one can see what you're supposed to see, including background color/pattern. I've seen the black and white solutions, but they don't make sense when applied to the repeating vomit I'm supposed to stare at.

Try the LINK... it worked for the Girlfriend...

Lies. I just see orange chaos from one eye overlapping orange chaos from another eye with no distinct pattern or anything to match up.

You can't focus on the colour... look for shape and depth

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Try the LINK... it worked for the Girlfriend...

That's exactly the type of non-help I'm talking about. Where in all that multi-colored nonsense am I supposed to see any part of that b/w image?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

hmm... maybe you're stressin too much...

You do have to relax... your gaze

Im just trying to help...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I've tried everything. It doesn't happen. I even tried an example that had the squares right in the middle of the image itself and I knew what I was looking for and still couldn't see it. I got it to work one time like 10 years ago. I just think my eyes aren't meant to cross and stare at bullcrap that isn't actually what it's supposed to be at all.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

So angry....

You know it works, you even said it worked 10 years ago...

Either way its not bullcrap lol... Its supposed to be fun...

Me thinks you're trying too hard

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm not mad. I don't really care if I can see them or not, I would just like to see an actual solution instead of the "secrecy". Oh, just cross your eyes. OK fine. How does that make wavy lines or balloons turn into a planet? That's what I want to see explained. NOT "try looking through it". That doesn't help at all.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I used to get so frustrated with these things too. They just never bloody worked for me and I hated not being able to see what others could see. Then one day I picked up one of these 3D art books and managed to figure out the trick. It's not about trying to cross your eyes or anything. Look out to the horizon and look at the trees (or buildings) far in the distance. Be mindful of what is feels like to focus your vision to a distant object. Now when you're looking at the art try to recreate that same distant focus, as if you were looking at an object behind the picture and not on it. The picture needs to be fairly close to your face if I remember correctly. I tried for a few seconds with some of the pictures posted in this thread but couldn't make it work. I'd suggest maybe trying it with a physical hard copy of a 3D art book.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I hate these things.

I taught myself, when I was a kid, to see stereoscopic images.

And then the smart bums go and change the orientation.

I can go cross eyed to see 3d no problems, easier than some people can. But these.. I can relax my eyes that much. I cant do it.

Its like saying listen softer...

well.. not really, as it would imply I can listen harder..

but.. i hate these things...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The problem with looking at something else first is that the pictures require a very precise angle to work. Unless you can memorize what it feels like to cross/unfocus at 10%, 20%, 30%, etc.. it's all just refocusing once you look at the image. Looking away first is just another unnecessary set of information for your brain to process.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The problem with looking at something else first is that the pictures require a very precise angle to work. Unless you can memorize what it feels like to cross/unfocus at 10%, 20%, 30%, etc.. it's all just refocusing once you look at the image. Looking away first is just another unnecessary set of information for your brain to process.

I only described the process of looking into the distance in case you didn't get the concept of how these images need to be looked at. Obviously when you're looking at the picture you need to guess the correct level of focus, and it can be difficult. It's probably easier with high quality 3D art books. I can't seem to make them work on my computer.
edit on 18/2/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
This is crazy! I can do it no problem, but the image is always inside-out...like a 3-D hole...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Here's the image I outlined it with a drawing program. It was interesting to not focus on the pen tip and draw it.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
bah! You cannot remove the stain of your guilt by trying to be helpful! Some of us are impaired with these things and you rub salt in our wounds!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If you have a smartphone or a tablet fill the screen with the image, bring it up to the tip of your nose then slowly back it away and the image should appear. Try hard not to move your eyes at all, and as funny as it sounds.don't try to focus, just let it focus.

I'm using an old LG Android, I use this technique and can see them all, even tilt my phone back and.see under the image, but if I tilt the top toward me I loose focus.

Fun stuff OP, thanks!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

It's interesting - I can see that it's 3D, but I can't pick out the shapes. I could see the depth of the animal's head and the tree branches, but couldn't tell what they were. It also is very uncomfortable for me to keep my eyes crossed for that long. LOL

In the first pic, I could definitely see SOMETHING 3D, but couldn't make out any shapes...

Oh, well - I used to get frustrated at these things. Felt like I was being left out.
So, I just forgot about it. Thanks a lot, Akragon!

(j/k)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
OP thanks for posting this and not for the obvious reason. I have never been able to see these things. To see so many other people not being able to focus thier eyes to the secret image has me wondering if there is a connection.

As a very young child I had surgery on my eyes to correct my eyes from being crossed-eyed. I wonder if this surgery has anything to do with it? Is there anyone else that can't see the hidden image that also has had eye surgery at one time in their life?

I'm off to work so I'll have to check back later tonight to see if anyone has responeded to my question. Sure wish I could see what is in the colored section

new topics

top topics

join