It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Passing of Life and Explaining to Children

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Originally posted by kdog1982
It was truly amazing.I felt no sadness,but joy.

I am happy this was your experience. I was at my mother's bedside when she died and the "letting go" was a beautiful and joyful experience. The pain and confusion is gone and weight of living is lifted.
May he Rest in Peace.

My Mother's Final Moments

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

So, he waited on his sister. What a good brother. I'm glad he is now home and in peace.

My heart goes out to you and your family. May you all have peace as well. ((((HUGS))))

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Thank you all,from the bottom of my heart.

What a long day it has been.My wife and I got home finally around 2:30 am.We decided that we would go ahead and wake the kids up to tell them what had happened.

We laid in bed together as a family grieving the loss,comforting each other,talking to the kids on talking about how they were feeling and laughing at the good times.

Service is to be held on Wednesday and he will be cremated with half the ashes going to my wife and the other half going to his widow.

Peace to all,
K

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
My father-in-law,my buddy and my wife.........

This was at one of his bucket list events,riding in a NASCAR racecar a few months ago.
edit on 18-2-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Im sorry for your loss my friend...

They say home is where the heart is... theres a lot of ways to look at that statement at these times...

Perhaps he may visit you or someone close to him in the near future...

It happens quite a lot actually

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Honesty is the best way to go. Kids are smart and will appreciate it later.
My son lost his grandparents suddenly, we were waiting for them to return to our house when the trooper showed up instead. He never heard what the trooper had to say, but we sat him down and explained what happened as best as we could knowing that he was always with us and about to be caught up in funeral arrangements with us. He had just turned 5 at the time, so we were able to over simplify the situation quite a bit. Knowing what happened from the beginning gave him the opportunity to formulate his thoughts and questions about everything. It also made it easier for his dad and myself to openly answer any concern that came up, knowing that he was aware of the details of the situation.

Best of luck to you and your family, these things are never easy. Don't let them forget the good stuff about Grampa, keep that alive.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
My son is taking it pretty hard,but he is getting through it.
We got our suits and ties and good to go.
He slept in his papaws pajamas so he could be close to him.
Here,in a couple of weeks,I will take my boy out to the farm to shoot his .22 rifle his papaw gave him.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
How do you deal with crazy step-mom when her husband has died.
She has been with him 25 out of 60 years of his life,and she conquers all.
How do you conquer crazy?
You don't until the dust settles.

Sorry,a little rant .

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

You can't rationalize with crazy... say this with me... you cannot rationalize with crazy.
now.. feel better
??? It does me...

Reality is though.... ya just can't.

Praying for ya! xoxox
edit on 22-2-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join