It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Strange Unidentified Object Seen Over Newberg at Sunset"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This was from the 15th of Feb. I did a search for keywords in the piece . . . I found no results so I apologize if it has been posted already.

With all the recent meteor and asteroid activity thought I would share this one so that it can be added to the bunch. Hmmm, maybe we should start a thread titled "Fireball watch 2013" or something similar. This looks like it could be the remnants of a contrail in the upper atmosphere but something about it looks more akin to what I have seen of meteor trails.

NEWBERG, Oregon - On the same day as two asteroids approached earth, one actually slamming into our atmosphere, I see an object appearing much like a comet (but probably something else) was seen by myself, which means I'm probably going to embarrass myself by writing this. Fortunately, I had my HD video camcorder. Unfortunately, I did not have a tripod. My wife and I were traveling west toward Newberg just before 6pm. I saw the strange object, told my wife, and pulled our car far to the side of highway 99.

Source:

Strange Unidentified Object Seen Over Newberg at Sunset

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

There you go...

Cool Video.....Strange Timing.
edit on 17-2-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
That's goodish shot of an airplane contrail heading into the evening/morning sun.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

TY for embedding the vid....

Now, to the OP. I see your vid is one minute and 48 seconds. How did the object stay stationary for that long? I would think it would have made more progress in that amount of time. I'm no expert, just asking questions.

TY for posting your experience, I appreciate it....

Des

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Nice find.
But I'm sure I saw this video last year.....
Or even earlier.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Sorry to say so OP but this is just a contrail from a plane.

I saw one myself about an hour ago just before the sun went down.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Yes, more than likely that's what it is. That is what the meteorologist had said. I do not always trust what they say though after uploading radar shots over the bird die-off area of a circular radar return that occured during that same time (the die-off they blamed on fireworks) only to be told by a couple meteorologists that they were not qualified to make any determination on the matter. Not qualified? Anyhow . . . go figure.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Thanks for adding the video . . . I forgot . . . need more coffee.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
A fireball watch thread is a good idea. They are potentially as important/impactfull as geologics and weather.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

That is 5 miles from my house, I live in Sherwood. Wonder what is????

Edit: after reading suggestions about an airplane contrail, I think that is pretty logical. Still cool looking!

edit on 2/17/13 by VikingWarlord because: added content
edit on 2/17/13 by VikingWarlord because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I agree it`s the sun reflecting off of something but I wouldn`t be so sure that it`s a contrail and a plane.
The "contrail" doesn`t change size or shape, and there are no other "contrails" anywhere in the sky,only in that one spot do we see it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez
reply to post by smurfy

Yes, more than likely that's what it is. That is what the meteorologist had said. I do not always trust what they say though after uploading radar shots over the bird die-off area of a circular radar return that occured during that same time (the die-off they blamed on fireworks) only to be told by a couple meteorologists that they were not qualified to make any determination on the matter. Not qualified? Anyhow . . . go figure.

It's still very much a contrail into the sun, I see them on international Atlantic bound flights all the time, since they pass right overhead, sometimes they can look even more weird if the sun catches some part of the fuselage, you get a bright beam of light, plus the contrail effect as in the video.

top topics

join