It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies: part I: We must learn from sin.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
We must learn from sin is a lie + it easily sets a continual trend into sinning finding it to be not bad.

Sinning is bad. Okay, God is forever forgiving but this does not mean we are allowed to sin and may sin blatantly.

John 8;34 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin."

Don't I hear echoeing in the bible: "Refrain from sin."?

Reason why I started this thread. There seem to be people who believe we must learn from sin. It must have been demonic teaching this.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I thought it was 'mistakes' we should learn from.

It isn't a lie though. There is a lesson in everything.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Sin means to miss the mark in archery. The original sin was the apparent separation from God. It is just a game God plays with himself.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
We must learn from sin is a lie + it easily sets a continual trend into sinning finding it to be not bad.

Sinning is bad. Okay, God is forever forgiving but this does not mean we are allowed to sin and may sin blatantly.

John 8;34 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin."

Don't I hear echoeing in the bible: "Refrain from sin."?

Reason why I started this thread. There seem to be people who believe we must learn from sin. It must have been demonic teaching this.

I agree. Nothing can be learned from sin.
Instead, learn to start loving everyone unconditionally including ourselves.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

If you believe you are separate to God, if you feel separate to everything then you will feel uncomfortable, alien and not wanted.
This feeling gives rise to all the wanting and needing and fear that is the human condition. Because individuals feel divided out of the whole, they try so hard to fit in. This gives rise to competition and fighting and defending and war.

The original sin (apparent separation) gives rise to all sin.
edit on 17-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Good thing I don't believe any of those old texts written by kings for kings profit.
I know the difference between prophet and profit, most do not.
I sin all I can and will be the same place as eveybody else in the end.

top topics

join