It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of Cain. What Is It? Has It Been Revealed?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
So I think Cain's mark was two horns and that is why the statue of Moses has two horns. They say it is because rays and horns are the same in Hebrew and Michaelangelo just happened to get it mixed up.
YEAH RIGHT!

wouldnt the horns mean moses was a pharaoh
bull of the heavens...nothing to do with a devil, but the ancient religion before catholism

Cain was human-angel hybrid. You can't kill an angel but the human part of Cain obviously could be.
I believe that Cain is coming back as a Raphaim; reincarnated souls that just won't keep dead.

sound like the story of Osiris and Seth

This is why there is a code; 7 times with Cain and 77 times with Lamech. Revelation's gematria is 777; Cain is going to be killed again for the last time.
Oh yeah and Tubal-Cain was Cain taking over that son's body.

what if i said the mark of the beast is 777

latin and roman numerals never had a figure for zero
if i add persian maths...thn i have to move 7 places to get to six
just sying
edit on 17-2-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Everyone will be able to use their phones to see who they are, and if they have the mark of cain it will be visible

The research has nothing to do with WWII and every image on the Internet has been catalogued for the marks on the face, neck, chest, and hands

This is part of the biometric identification process the governments of the world are promoting

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Hmmnn.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
In the Nag Hammadi writtings, Cain is often said to be the product of rape either by the demiurge (god/creator of this world), the Archons or the Serpent. Therefore this explaines his godless and worldly acts and spiritual state.

This sort of tradition comes from Gen. 4:1:
"1. And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she concieved, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD."
Or more specifically, "I have gotten a man from the LORD." It is possible that some believed that this verse allowed for an interpretation that though Adam 'knew' Eve his wife, he may not have been the father. The 'LORD' would be thought of in the context not as the Father and Origin of All but as the 'god of this world,' the demiurge. In Sethian thought, Seth is thought to replace Abel (Gen. 4:25) and is a 'seed of a different kind' and of Adam's own likeness (Gen. 5:3)

It's interesting to note that Cain was father to a son called Enoch (Gen. 4:17) and that there was another Enoch whose father was Jared (Gen. 5:18) (this Enoch being the one 'who walked with God'). So you have an Enoch of the seed of Cain and one of the seed of Seth.

I also find the following interesting , consider the simularities:

"17. And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.
18. And unto Enoch was born Irad: and Irad begat Methusael: and Methusael begat Lamech." - Gen. 4:17-18

" 18. And Jared lived an hundred and sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:" -Gen 5:18
"21. And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:" - Gen. 5:21
"25. And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech:" -Gen. 5:25

I always thought the simularities were interesting. I'm sure there are some fasinating traditions that explore such (i've not looked into it that greatly)

It is written that Cain was a tiller of the earth, I once heard from a friend that to till the earth was considered a sexual act, and also meant that Cain relied not on God but unto the work of his own hands whereas Abel relied on God. Cain was proud and Abel humble and when Cain saw that Abel's offering was accepted and Cain's was not (because it was offering from an unwholesome state of mind), he was enraged for such was his pride.*shrugs*

Just some wandering thoughts.

edit on 18-2-2013 by Arles Morningside because: (no reason given)

Edit to add: So it does make one to wonder about the 'mark of Cain' and what exactly that is.

Edit to add: Sources are the KJV Holy Bible and the Nag Hammadi writtings ( In particular, The Gospel of Philip, The Nature of the Rulers, Secret Book of John, Revelation of Adam, Valentinian Exposition with Valentinian Liturgucal Readings, etc.)
edit on 18-2-2013 by Arles Morningside because: Spelling corrections. And References.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The mark of Cain is not a physical marking. He doesn't carry a brand that can be seen . Anyone who approaches Cain with malevolent intent is suddenly overcome with a feeling of impending disaster, like when you come too close to the fire you feel the heat and back off - you just know its the wise thing to do.

Cain still lives among us. His home is the world itself and there is not a road, path or trail that he has not walked and we all as adults, at some point in our lives, come face to face with him. and though we don't know him we sense a familiarity and his presence remains in our consciousness.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

you should check out the videos relating to the Hovind Theory.
He explains that the most logical solution to feed and not being fed on would be to get young animals into the ark, babies of each kind. Also there would be a need to bring all the variations of the each species but one of each kind (no crocodiles and alligators just one or the other). It's also theorized that the earth had (past tense here) a higher Oxygen level (different atmosphere) so there wouldn't be risk of illnesses popping up and wiping a whole species out, and since oxygen levels decreased, extinction happened to the larger animals *after the flood, hundreds of years later*, while others remained stunted.

sorry if i'm off topic

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think cain must have been turned into a big foot, that's why nobody has ever killed one.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ss830

...remembering that in pre-flood times all animals where genetically pure...

Pure genetically before the flood? How did you determine that? How did Noah?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
In Grail lore in the Book of Parzival by the Knight Wolfram von Eschenbach, Parzival is told by a hermit about Cain and how his murder of Abel stole the maindenhood of the earth who he says is the mother of Adam. I shall qoute it as I think it an interesting curiosity about Cain and might shed light on the mark as it leads up to Cain's mark.

"The earth was Adam's mother. Adam nourished himself by earth's fruit. At that time the earth was as yet a maiden, Nor have I yet told you who took her maidenhood from her. Adam was Cain's father. Cain slew Abel for paltry possessions. When the blood fell upon the pure earth, her maidenhood was forfeit. It was Adam's child who took it from her. Then, for the first time, man's malice arose; it has so persisted ever since." - 464, Book IX

In Genesis when Adam and Eve disobey the LORD, they must leave the Garden and we read how their actions lead to curses such as duality (good and evil, inequality of the sexes, the trevail of child birth, the descrese of earth's yield, etc.), though, they are not utterly unblessed. (Gen. Chapt. 3)

When Cain slays Abel, he sets precedent it seems:

"9. And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not ; am I my brother's keeper?
10. And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
11. And now thou art cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to recieve thy brother's blood from thy hand;
12. When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
13. And Cain said unto the LORD, my punishment is greater than I can bear.
14. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabound in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
15. And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark on upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
16. And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden."
- Gen. 4:9-16 (KJV)

I tend to think the mark may be something involving the inner and not or atleast not just an external thing.

edit on 18-2-2013 by Arles Morningside because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Text 12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth. 13 And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear. 14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
reply to post by Bybyots

@ Bybyots

Enjoyed you thread and your pictures. My understanding comes from Louis Ginzberg. I'm quite old now but even as a youngster I enjoyed Ginzberg. The man dedicated his life in the study of biblical legends and has four volumes that are obtainable today. Then he also has several volumes of notes explaining exactly the source of each legend. Some were gathered from Hebrew, Greek, Latin, Syrian, Aramaic, Ethiopic, Arabic, Persian, and Old Slavic and reproducing them completely in their original forms. All before computers were even thought of.

I was reading his notes on Cain and found that in BR 22. 12,13 it has said that there are seven different legends of Cain's mark. One of which was a horn on the forehead. Another was a form of leprosy which is not said where the leprosy was on the body. Another states that he had the letter Nine inscribed on his arm. Another legend was that the world has seven other worlds beneath this word with a central sun to lighten one of the worlds. I won't get into that lengthy portion of this but Cain was sentenced to live apart from the tribe of Adam and Eve. He then went to the land of Nod which means the wondering land which was beneath this land that we live on today. This is why it is said in the bible that " Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; " Note "from the face of the earth" and "I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth."

There are other legends that claim there is a land of the giants who are descendants of Cain who inhabit the inner earth with a central sun. The land is a paradise where the sun is always lightening the sky. That land has a never ending growing season of plenty except the seven grains of mankind. The giants of Cain live hundreds of years in good health and die as the ancients died. Now that his descendants live from the face of the Creator they are imprisoned in this domain till the end time. Or so the legends tell us. I give you a flag Bybyots - Really enjoyed your thread.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

Thats odd I was just thinking that YHWY sounds like the bigfoot like creature called Yowie

Back on subject.
I always thought the mark of Cain would be a birth mark.

We have 7 people in our family with nearly the same birth mark, with person #4 having a lack of color mark,
all within an inch or so of where each others marks are on our bodies.

Not trying to infer that we have the mark of Cain.
Birthmarks

edit on 18-2-2013 by azureskys because: changed words

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This gets deep here.

Cain's father was the devil, every heard of paternal twins? This wasn't a spiritual metaphor here.

John 8
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Cain's offspring are called Kenites, and they are still alive and well today.

It means Eve didn't exactly eat an apple.

www.theseason.org...

Take some time to read this chapter, then go on to the next few.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ss830

NOW FOR THE MARK: as far as the mark of Cain, does it mention in the bible that it's hereditary? because i can't find it, also in genesis it says:

Gen 9:25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.

nowhere does it say that Canaan has the mark of Cain either way, the blood of Cain didn't make it past the flood since all in the ship where descendant from Seth(i'm guessing the wives from the siblings of Cain and Seth, since they made it unto the ship).

Whatever happened to Canaan happened after the flood, he was cursed AFTER the flood, not prior to, and it was by his father. and no mark was placed upon him. if i'm wrong in this please point it out...

Cain's descendant's were "cursed", but then they died out in the flood and the curse started over again when Noah put a curse on Ham's son Canaan and his descendants. Any way you look at it, Cain and Canaan were both cursed.

As for Cain specifically, he was cursed for murdering his brother, but a mark was placed on him to keep him from being killed so that he could continue to multiply (IMO). At that time, it was more important for people to multiply than it was to kill Cain on the spot for having murdered his brother.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Cain's father was the devil, every heard of paternal twins? This wasn't a spiritual metaphor here.

The first time I saw you bring this up, I did a lot of research into it as it does appear that certain lines of people will suffer the same fate. Much like I believe will happen to the descendants of Ishmael. However, I think it has more to do with the spiritual teachings that these lines adhere to and pass down.

First, the Bible tells us who Cain's biological father is...

Genesis 4:1

4 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

Second, we have Jesus teaching the parable of "the sower and the seed" to give us more insight into the definition of the term "seed". The seed is "sown in his heart", not his body, so even though God has planted the seed, Satan has the ability snatch it away if you allow him.

Matthew 13:18-25

18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.

19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

As for this quote in your link...

Remember, "touch" means "to lie with a woman". Tell it like it is.

If you do a keyword search for the word "touch" in the Bible, you'll find that none applies to this theory.

The term most used for this act was "to know" or "knew" or "to lie with".

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Seede

Thank you for being here Seede,

I greatly appreciate the additional Cain lore. I tend to get on one track and then drop other details like the ones that you provided, such as Cain being a perpetual wanderer in the earth. I am deeply interested in the Agarta mythos, but every time I attach that component to any given narrative, things tend to jump off in to the weeds. Which is fun, don't get me wrong, I have just never been able to reconcile any of it under my own power.

Also, thank you for the heads-up on Carlo Ginzburg, I was not aware of his work and I can't wait to start tracking it down for consumption.

Have a great day.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Arles Morningside

Thank you for the story from Parzival, Arles. I read the book over 20 years ago, so as much as I would like to add something relevant to Wolfram, I just don't have much at the moment.

But I loved your post, Arthur and The Grail are my favorite thing in literature.

I have been spending time trying to mash together Perseus and Percival. I am not having much luck. But I am learning much in the process and I am finding fragments of the tales everywhere.

I am really intrigued by the concept that Cain broke the earth's heart by spilling Abel's blood and that Abel's blood seeping in to Her raped her of her innocence somehow. You know how virgins and marriage and all of those concepts rattle around within the context of Alchemy and hermetics? I am sure it must be related but I haven't the chops at the moment to even begin to describe how and why.

And so this concept of breaking our Mother's heart weighs heavily on me today, but I found that this song somehow relates and lightens the mood a little.

Cain is heavy #, man.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots It is written that God told Cain that he would be marked with a sign that would keep others from killing he or his descendants, but why does it seem that God did not make it obvious to everyone.
Maybe because it is not true?
If you have some verifiable evidence then I shall of course keep an open mind, but I remain drawn to the idea that it is just mystical silliness until such evidence is produced.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Genetically pure in the sense that they haven't had any genetic degradation. it was after the flood that most, if not all, illnesses and mutations started.
whether there were genetic experimentation before the flood there's no record (in the bible), but there it is recorded

Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Usually through selective breeding are we able to see mutations, and certain genetic traits in a greater scale. Just like you won't find in the wild a pack of Wolfs with a hare lip deformity, or a flock of birds with scissor beak (it's a odd mutation where the beaks grow sideways), or even a pack *is that what they're called?* of pink dolphins.
But to get these genetic traits comes with a price, since inbreeding is usually involved, health risks, and genetic degradation happens which when out breeding is introduced the offspring uses the DNA from the new stock to replenish what was lost through Inbreeding. That's why we have all different breeds of the same species, put them all together and you'll get a resilient animal, but it will lose some of the traits which we bred them for

Before modern times there weren't that many mutations in the wild, x'cept now due to pollution n' such.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

now if you're like me, you would think animals that are healthy are GOOD, then you'd understand that verse

With one healthy pair passing from pre-flood earth to post-flood you'd be able to create/breed all the variations
we have today, without having to bring all of the other variations.

*like the Idea Mr. Hovind put forward, you didn't need to bring full grown animals, the babies would do*

edit on 19-2-2013 by ss830 because: left stuff out

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join