It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Poor Dog !!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
So happy for you and Shelby...

People have to understand that dogs are people too.
Actually most are better than a lot of 2 legged animals out there.

That's why we love them so much.

I'm still pulling for the Animals/Pets forum because Shelby deserves more than "General Chit Chat"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

Glad to hear everything is okay. And I agree with having a pets forum. I'd start a petition but that's against T&C...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
How is Shleby doing? Any updates? ...our pets are our kids....I hope shelby is getting stronger everyday.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

I'm so glad to hear she is doing okay

I have four dogs myself and would hate for anything tramatic to happen to any of them.

Kudos to your super human wife as well.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I thought she was going to die reading the story. i'm glad she came out breathing. Has the vet said anything more?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Prayers of wellness for Shelby! And your wife sounds like Superwoman!
Take it easy on yourself, you probably feel guilty, but accidents do happen!
Hope everything turns out well..sounds like Shelby had a guardian angel!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Update...

We did take her into our vet today for an emergency visit. As I think I noted earlier, she was able to get up this moring (barely), but as the morning wore on it was pretty obvious she was in agony. Our other dog (an ACD) would come over to her to try to console her and she'd cry out and yelp like "don't step on me!!" even before he got over to her (they're best friends). My biggest concern was spinal and internal injuries.

We'd been in contact with the vet most of the night, but just felt it best to get her thoroughly checked out today. Doc looked her over real good; no signs of internal injuries and no spinal injuries from the neck to behind her hips, but her tail is pretty tender right at the base (probably got folded around behind her). Her entire body is sprained down her left side, and her left hip, knee and foot are pretty jacked up, but nothing broken, seemingly torn or dislocated. She's just a big walking contusion / sprain right now. Doc said from the looks of her it looked like she took the full weight of the bale in the impact. Everyone is just amazed it didn't crush her.

Doc gave her a big anti-inflammatory shot and a couple of perscriptions for pain and swelling. She's gonna' be a hurtin' pup for a few days, and we'll need to keep her calm, but it looks like she's going to make it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I am relieved for you and your precious pup. Poor Shelby to have to suffer for a while but how wonderful she was not more severely injured. Great news, thanks for the update.
edit on 17-2-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
She sure is one lucky dog!!! I guess animals have guardian angels too!

I was backing our van out of our gravel driveway one afternoon,
& one of the rear tires went up over a pretty big stone.
So big that the tire 'plunked' back down as it went over it.

I stopped & thought, 'We don't have any big stones in the driveway???!!!
As I put the car in park & went to get out & look,
I saw one of our cats run across the yard & go under the lilac bush!

Oooh, no!!! But wait a minute, she was running really well & fast!!!
I ran over & looked. She was panting, but not crying.
Checked her over for broken bones, cuts, bleeding....nothing!

I had to leave to get one of the kids from school.
Was afraid what I might find when I got back!
But she was fine....lived a few more years!
Apparently she hadn't used up all her lives yet!!!

My aunt took her St Bernard, (still a pup), to get fixed.
Brought her home, took her into the house.
Had to go somewhere else, came out of the house,
got back in the car, backed up & ran over something!
She didn't know the kids had let the dog out & she was under the car in the shade!

My poor Aunt just about lost it! Especially when she saw the dog's stitches were ripped out!!!
She quick took her back to the vet. Other than needing her stitches replaced, she was fine.
The vet said maybe she just ran over the edge of her stomach.
If that's the case, how did she miss her legs???!!!

But for all the close call stories, I'm sure there are a lot with sad endings too!
So glad yours had a happy ending!!!
WOQ

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Thanks, everyone!

Shelby appreciates it...and y'all have helped!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Man!
I feel for you!
I rembrer the day my dog B.J. pasted away! I was trying to give him C.P.R. But no good!
And my daughters name I Shelby! Prayers to your beloved friend!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I am glad to hear your dog made it.... I know how heavy these bails are and I am surprised she lives. .... our pets are like our children... ;-)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Good luck to you & the wife, hope the dog comes thru this with a really good story to tell. I know that feeling of watching your dog go thru such trauma. I had to put down my lil weenie dog in 2011 after he spent 16 yrs with me. The last two in a doggie wheelchair. Like a lot of weenies he had lost the use of his back legs. Me being me, I spent about an hour online and about two in my workshop, I crafted Scrappy a doggie wheelchair and he never missed a beat. Put him in that thing and he was off to the races. I watch this big Manx cat of mine go to that dogs dogs grave daily, walks around it a couple of times and goes about his day. This cat has done this everyday since June 5th 2011. Scrappy & Fat Boy were the very best of friends. Being a big strong cowboy type, means nothing when the love of your animals comes into play. Fat Boy say's " Hope your dog does ok" because at this moment he is walking all over this computer.

As a side note. One of the members of the band Electric Light Orchestra was killed a couple of years ago by a round bail of hay. It came down a hill and impacted his car. He was killed outright. Your dog is damn lucky.
edit on 18-2-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

That's great to hear Flyingclaydisk
Thanks for letting us know, and keep us informed please.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Glad to hear your dog is fine! I wish her lots of get well wishes!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Glad to hear that you little doggy is going to be ok. I couldn't read the first post, skipped to the last sentance to see if she was ok. My 2 boys send their love and healing feeling via the doggy airwaves. May she be better soon.

DOn't recall seeing a picture of her yet though, it is cunstomary to make everyone go "aawww" in a pet related thread.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I miis my dog

Glad your is gonna be ok
v

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I believe that Shelby did indeed have an angel watching over her, and I am so glad she is getting better,too. Those big bales are several hundred lbs, at best, and I was imaging a squished dog under there when I read the story.
I also read the story about your horse protecting you from the charging bull at the rodeo, and I really believe that our animals know a lot more than we have given them credit for.
One of my favorite books is "talking with horses", by Henry Blake, and he has some incredible stories of mental communication with his horses and dogs.

I also would like to see an animal forum on ATS. I am pretty new here, but love the variety of topics, and ideas put forth by people on the website. My hubbie is a tv zombie, so I spend my evenings on here reading , and again, the Shelby story was great! My Chipper is a little 6 lb yorkiepoo, but he understands everything I say and most of what I am thinking, and he is my Fuzzy Kid, so I know about how you had to be feeling when Shelby was trapped under there. My prayers for her recovery, also.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join