It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US tested new weapon, no meteor in Chelyabinsk – Russian LibDem leader

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well well well.

Isn't this interesting as hell?

A new sonic boom weapon the US has been developping? Tested on the same day as a major asteroid is suppose to come close to earth?

Seems plausible if you ask me.

but rather the US was testing a new weapon.

“You’re like some primitive tribe. What meteorite?” he said, arguing that space is a “universe that has its own laws.”

Zhirinovsky, more known for clownish political outrage rather than his actual political platform, added: “When something falls – it’s man-made. People are warmongers and provocateurs.”

Earlier in the week, US Secretary of State John Kerry reportedly tried and failed to reach Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov by telephone for two consecutive days. The State Department said that Kerry wanted to discuss the recent North Korean nuclear test, as well as the conflict in Syria.

However, Zhirinovsky claimed that the top US diplomat “wanted to warn Lavrov about the plot and that it may affect Russia,” RIA Novosti reported.

Zhirinovsky, the perennial provocateur who is no stranger to controversy, set the Russian blogosphere alight following his latest off the wall accusation.

Keen to challenge Zhirinovsky’s grip on reality, sandro737 commented on Echo Moskvy: “It’s not a joke anymore, it’s a [psychiatric] diagnosis.”

Source

Mind you this is from RT and we know that the KGB is running that place, at least I think so.

In any case, it makes for an interesting read and conversation.

Thoughts?

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have to say that it does sound plausible as well.

I'm just wondering what Kerry was really phoning about and then have to ask...why Kerry? Strange to put him up front and center on this.

Good Find...

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Who knows? My bets are on a meteorite but, then again, I've never before seen such a thing.

Perhaps the X-37B launched again in December 2012 had something to do with it. They won't tell us it's purpose - so speculate we must!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't think you really run tests against your strongest nuclear armed rival.

If something goes wrong that's quite a lot of explaining to do. I could see them doing it in Iceland or the Congo but not in Russia.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I see that reasoning.

I also think it's important for them to be able to test the defenses and response times of your greatest armed nuclear rival as well.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Ahhh very good point, I had not considered that.

Touche

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Unless we were interested in starting another war in Russia,. I seriously doubt we used any weapon near Russia. And besides,. the vapor trail, the sonic boom,,two places in russia at same time umm,. of a meteor.
Also to add, Multiple sighting of others on relative timeline in other places on the globe.

Now,. If someone were to say WE took a shot at an incoming asteroid to break it up cause it was bigger than expected by detection??? well that I Could buy

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Looking at the videos posted it looks like a meteorite.

I saw one last year and it looked the exact same.

The ruskies are very good at stirring it up!!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

“You’re like some primitive tribe. What meteorite?” he said, arguing that space is a “universe that has its own laws.”
rt.com...
I wonder which of those laws say it wasn't a meteor.
Gotta love crazy Russians.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

rt.com...
I wonder which of those laws say it wasn't a meteor.
Gotta love crazy Russians.

Yeah tell me about it.

It's too bad my tin foil hat isn't screwed on that tight. I might also believe in that electric universe theory

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I think your point about the Americans taking a shot at the 'larger-than-expected' meteorite is a very good one.

I read somewhere that the Russians scrambled jets to intercept the inbound meteor fragments too? Perhaps the US broke it into smaller chunks with some sort of sonic-shock weapon (wait for someone to say 'HAARP') to make it feasible for russian jet-fighters to pick off the most dangerous smaller pieces. The trajectory of the initial Russian meteors seemed to follow the curve of the Earth quite closely in the video I saw, so I suppose jets may have had time to attack the bits?

Focused soundwaves might be a good way to shake up a fast moving, smallish object, causing its entire structure to vibrate to the point of fracture; a standard missile might not have the requisite destructive effect throughout the entire mass of the meteor, if the material was solid.

All speculation, but possible I guess.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
There is no doubt there are secret advanced weapons of super mass destruction, but against Russia..? I seriously doubt it.. Against another country like north Korea or Syria to show Russia and China... More likely...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I hope it is a meteorite and not a test, I do not want to anger Russia not with the current potus it would be bad politics they would not likely forgive so easily. Not to mention the damage it is not in the budget. Nice find if true at least Kerry tried to warn them!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yes yes yes The USA tested there new invention the Catapult
Come on guys your smarter than this.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Maybe the U.S. did send a rocket there. Afterward when they ask what the hell that was about, The U.S. would reply "Tag! Your it!"

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is the same guy that at one point threatened to nuke the US, and retake Alaska when he ran for president. He's extremely anti-US, and is a hardliner. He's also crazy.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
This is the same guy that at one point threatened to nuke the US, and retake Alaska when he ran for president. He's extremely anti-US, and is a hardliner. He's also crazy.

Putin?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Prior thread Originally posted on (2/15/13) @ 06:03 AM : Russian Politician Denies Meteorite, Claims US Weapon Tests

Please contribute to the original thread.
edit on (2/16/13) by AllSeeingI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
You couldnt find a more biased and bogus source ?

Is there anything on or happened on this planet not a conspiracy to you guys ?

Is it impossible for it to actually be a meteorite ?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm not convinced it was "just a meteorite".

As Dr. Peter Beter revealed to us the REAL stars wars program happening above our heads.... The Russians intercepted 'something'!

In regards to RT and the reformed KGB, one must remember that there are two factions within the Russian government, those are the Bolsheviks, and Orthodox Christians.

We may be receiving propaganda, but from which aspect..?!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join