It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divers Find No Trace of Meteorite in Urals Lake

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
3 most above top secret scenarios:

1. it was secretly recovered but classified

2. it seeded earths waters with an undetected virulent strain/pathogen

3. its now a manned, remote controlled or robot submarine with unknown mission, from light years away

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Couldn't it have been like the Tunguska event, explode before touching the ground, made up of a bunch of rocks and not a solid meteor?

The hole might be a bunch of bull#

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This is the only info I could find in regards to the depth of the lake,

Chebarkul' lake is located on the eastern slope of south , at the height of 320 m. Nourishment mixed, with the predominance of snow. The fluctuations of level do not exceed 1,25 m, the highest levels during June. It freezes in first half of November, it is revealed during May. The average depth of 2,3 m, maximum of 12 m. Mineralization of water - 0,3679 g/l. Volume of water - 154 million mі. Area of header - 149,2 kmІ.

If this information is correct, it shouldn't be that hard to find some form of meteor debris in 12m of water?
Something seems very off about this being an impact crater...
edit on 16-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Okay, so I'll chime in...

They didn't "cut it with a chain saw". Wheres the plug they pulled out?

If there was an impact sufficiently fast enough to blow out a hole that neat, there would be cracks and upheavals of ice nearby. After all the energy released under the ice causing cavitation and whatnot.

Maybe somebody was dynamite fishing.

Maybe the government set off an explosive charge to make it look like this was the area pieces fell in. They would of course have to make this verrry public...oh wait. They did.

Maybe there are no pieces yet because,

a) the thingy was a comet after all and vaporized high above the ground (just like Tunguska).

b) maybe the thingy never landed but came in one side of the atmosphere and went right out the other.

Watch the right side of the screen in here at :22. You see the 'object' still white hot moving like a bat out of hell disappear off the right side of the screen. From this angle I don't see it "coming down" but rather, "continuing on".

Just like this only other filmed fireball did so many moons ago over the US:

Further: Maybe this object left or disintegrated completely. Maybe some government has hidden the search area or threatened people to not try to sell items on the internet. Maybe the rock hounds are mums about their finds at this time. Wouldn't be so different from the veiled threat about Columbia shuttle debris... would it?

I could be wrong... do we have pics of pieces yet? NO? Hmmm...

Have any agencies flown through the cloud remnants yet? Any Results?

Shame on the real inside science people who know the answers to these questions and aren't saying...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

You're right and I don't see how people can think it landed after watching the first video you shared.

What you see in the video is incomplete combustion. And then the meteorite disintegrates.

Also the fact the meteorite broke the sound barrier could easily explain sonic boom for miles.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I thought I read that it entered the atmosphere going 33,000 mph. Bullets travel around 3,000 mph. Isn't it possible that this object is much smaller than what people think. Reminds me of the huge circle that bullets make when fired into cars. Now let's multiply the speed by around 10. If this thing is about the size of baseball or bowling ball, couldn't it make that big of a ring? Traveling almost 10 times faster than a bullet. Finding a baseball at the bottom of the lake doesn't seem that easy, especially if it went a foot or two into the sediment.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Or maybe the hole was cut with a chainsaw.

Who would even do that? And logically speaking, even if someone did, all you would have is a perimeter of ice cut. How are you going to get out the chunk of ice you cut around?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
In many other falls, the largest pieces wind up at the end of the strewn field, where they fall at close to terminal velocity, as they are slowed down so much by air resistance that they fall vertically. One noted event similar to this would be the Tagish Lake fall, where a carbonaceous chondrite fell on the lake bed and popped round holes in the ice but smaller pieces remained on the surface. This meteorite was so fragile, that it began to dissolve upon contact with the water.

Carbonaceous chondrites can be very friable material. A large chunk of it that gets totally submerged in water can act like a fizzy, and melt away. Perhaps this is what happened. As noted, surrounding the hole in the ice were black particulate matter who's analysis has yet to be made public. Also, if you look at the picture of the hole, it appears that something punched through it at high speed, since there is an ice particle ejecta blanket surrounding the hole in a fairly even and diminishing fashion. My guess would be that the bolide may have been a CC, or a CC mixed with ice (much like what some scientists think a comet would be made from) and it was extremely fragile. Just a guess, but there will be a great deal of analysis forthcoming with this and I am itching like most to find out more.
edit on 17-2-2013 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

Added note: Many of the scientists in the meteorite list community suspect that this object may have consisted mainly of ice, in a dirty snowball type of configuration. They note that the smoke trail appears to consist of water vapor mixed in with other volatiles. A very interesting analysis is forthcoming on this as well.
edit on 17-2-2013 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Outstanding. A fine analysis.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

There's a video in YOUTUBE showing UFO impact with Ural meteorite.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by chrischo

You mean this one?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's not a UFO and the meteor was not hit by it.

edit on 2/17/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
What is this, can't be what he claims?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by survival
Only because it wasn't a meteorite, it was a being. Be prepared to see things you would not have thought possible in the times ahead.

It landed in WATER.

This being could be either benevolent or malevolent. but I'm certain that more are on their way.

Some guy wrote a thread on Prophecy being a shadow of our reality. He wrote it so well & its so true.And albeit that there will always be someone there to mock & downplay the events taking place.

We're generating a momentum of collective awareness that isnt stopping. So many are already shying from it waves of light.

This brings to mind a fave movie "The Green Lantern." The superheroes travelled through the skies, space, the universe to and from other planets like speeding bullets, Green is good.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

It's a natural gas exploration site that went bad. Years ago.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Fisherr

It's a natural gas exploration site that went bad. Years ago.

Yea .. Flaming Crater, Darvaza Turkmenistan.. my bad,

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I think there is nothing suspicious with the meteorite leaving a circular hole, or the divers not being able to find the remains.
when the meteorite hit the ice it probably was very hot, which could have melted the ice
and no matter the impact angle, the heat would propagate in a concentric manner and create a near perfect circle

after hitting the ice, the meteorite could have disintegrated into dust, making it impossible for divers to find

what I'm curious about is why the meteorite leaves two distinct trails, how is that possible?
if its one circular shaped meteorite, the trail should be just one
not two like shown in the videos
anyone with more knowledge about this subject want to explain it?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by quietlearner
what I'm curious about is why the meteorite leaves two distinct trails, how is that possible?
if its one circular shaped meteorite, the trail should be just one
not two like shown in the videos
anyone with more knowledge about this subject want to explain it?

I'm guessing the time of day and elevation of the sun is the cause of the aparent double trail.
edit on 17-2-2013 by doorhandle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by doorhandle

I'm guessing the time of day and elevation of the sun is the cause of the aparent double trail.
edit on 17-2-2013 by doorhandle because: (no reason given)

But you clearly see two distinct trails
if they were exactly the same then maybe a weird sun reflection could make that illusion
these are two trails that are similar but not the same

here is a YT video showing the trails

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

if the meteorite was either a stony/iron or Iron meteorite could the hot iron hitting the cold water expand and harden very quickly (like in Quenching) and crumbled the stone part of the meteorite leaving only small iron fragments

I'm not a physics/chemistry guru but could this be possible?

edit on 17-2-2013 by lambchop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Hmmmmm......anyone missing their Edgar suit?

edit on 17-2-2013 by Reevster because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join