It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divers Find No Trace of Meteorite in Urals Lake

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes Phage in this case because the explosion happened so high up I think it is a possability.

If you look at the size of the meteroite in the link you posted and the size of this hole I find it very hard to believe that 1. there are no visable fractures in the ice surrounding the impact site and 2. they cannot find ANY debris of a meteroite that size. And by "that size" I am relating to the impact site.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

I'm puzzled by the hole too but my point was this statement of yours:

Dropping a stone straight down will create an even circumference. Now throw the stone at an angle and show me your lovely circle rings.
Wasn't really relevant.

edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Thanks for the video.

If you feel that I should understand your point from that then you have mis-understood my post.

Where the stones land looks lovely and round

Keep searching.....I am ready (again) lol

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by ThinkingCap

You mean the door to hell? A video of a place thousands of miles from the Russian Meteor phenomena?

You were duped my friend, it's a natural gas well.

(Door to Hell, Darvaza.. Not a meteor impact)

edit on 16-2-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

Nope, not that. It was a recent news feed from RT... Big brush fire around it, looked like a recent fire (in the video) --- not an ongoing pot of hell.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Hmm, I haven't seen that one. If you do manage to find it, I'd be interested to give it a look.

There seems to be a few videos floating around of claims of the impact site.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

Perhaps you could better explain what you are trying to say.

Even if an object comes in on an angle, when it strikes the water/ice it will propagate in a circular manner.

The initial impact with the ice, will break a hole and weaken the surrounding ice, then when the water is struck that water will push up on the ice making a circular hole. Granted not likely that large.

(I'm surprised how long it took to find a video of someone throwing/dropping a rock onto a frozen lake that broke through.. Doesn't anyone try this lol.)

This rock is pretty small, and isn't moving very fast obviously. How ever it does lead me to question the Russian Images. That would have to have been a large chunk falling pretty quick to make a hole like that on ice thick enough to walk out to the hole.

My money is on, not the case.

I would think that what we see here is a case of the media using what ever image it wants to sell it's story, rather than an actual impact mark.

A rock breaking through the ice could still make a round hole as seen in the above video.

How ever I do doubt the legitimacy of this image.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Hijinx

I just seems odd to me.
edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

OK

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
reply to post by Phage

Yes Phage in this case because the explosion happened so high up I think it is a possability.

If you look at the size of the meteroite in the link you posted and the size of this hole I find it very hard to believe that 1. there are no visable fractures in the ice surrounding the impact site and 2. they cannot find ANY debris of a meteroite that size. And by "that size" I am relating to the impact site.

The meteorite doesn't necessarily have to be as big as the hole it left.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Maybe the impact hole was made by an survival pod and the being inside erased all trace of it before search began?

Just maybe!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Maybe those 2 old dudes that said they were responsible for all the crop circles decided to pull one last stunt.

Perhaps they should have thought this one through a little better. May they rest in peace. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.
edit on 16-2-2013 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'll take a guess at this. If the meteor piece was hot and had a lot of stored heat, upon hitting the ice and water the heat and energy would leave the rock extremely fast turning it into dust. If you drop a rock at a very high temperature into the water if blows up. Or of course, the divers found it and knew that it would be better to pick it up later and sell it.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Not always the case mate. You can actually heat rocks to red hot, and submerge them into water to boil it. It's a survival craft actually. As long as your rocks weren't from a creek bed, you don't risk them exploding.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Having paid attention to the event, and reading the posting the following can be stated:

There are in short several different kinds of Asteroids out there that could hit the earth, and it is important to discuss the different types and kinds as well as try to explain what happened based off of what we see of and not of the remaining:

The first thing to look at would be the compostion of the asteroid itself, that boils down to 3 types:

Type C: Carbonaceous, they are made of a log of silicate materials with alot of carbon compounds so they would appear very dark. They do nto reflct alot of light, and are hard to see. Very unchanged since the dawn of time.

Type S: This is made of Silicated material, with very little in the way of the dark carbon compounds, and are alot brighter, easier to see and detect.

Type M: These are made of metals like Iron and Nickle, tend to be the brightest of the asteroids, and along with being very dense.

While all of the asteroids tend to be of these three types, you should also add in that it also depends on if they are one solid piece or like a gravel pile.

There is another type of object and that would be the remains or a comet, where the majority of the material is made up of ice.

Based off of the reports, and the pictures a large meteor came crashing into the earth in Russia, due to the fact it was not seen, we could only conclude it was made of Type C and due to that there is very little of it remaining, that it was more like a gravel pile. Chances are at that velocity, if it hit the lake and water, it probably broke apart and the pieces are down there under the silt and muck.

Something like this has happed before, the 1908 Tungusga event, they did invesitgate, and only found the aftermath of what had happened, nothing else.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What do you guys make of the fact that there hasn't been any detected change in background radiation levels in the Chelyabinsk area where this happened? Irradiated space debris exploding and crashing to Earth should produce some detectable change, no?

Background radiation levels reportedly remain unchanged. This was confirmed both by emergencies officials, and by the national nuclear agency, concerned because the area has a fair number of nuclear facilities.

(From the original news article in the OP)

--Kit.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitsunegari
What do you guys make of the fact that there hasn't been any detected change in background radiation levels in the Chelyabinsk area where this happened? Irradiated space debris exploding and crashing to Earth should produce some detectable change, no?

Background radiation levels reportedly remain unchanged. This was confirmed both by emergencies officials, and by the national nuclear agency, concerned because the area has a fair number of nuclear facilities.

(From the original news article in the OP)

--Kit.

That mean the meteorite wasn't made of radioactive material?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Or maybe the hole was cut with a chainsaw.

LOL Phage is into conspiracies

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It is possible that the loud explosion that blew out the window's and and caused pressure wave concussion to so many people as well as burst ear drum's may have been the point at which the meteorite finally turned to nothing but a plasma gas fire ball and what hit the lake would have been a high density but expanding and cooling superheated plasma, meaning that solid fragment's would be more likely to be found somewere rained down in the area the explosive booming roar originated, however it may just be that it is too difficult ot pinpoint the fragment's on the bed of the lake were silt would have infilled the impace anyway.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
We should consider the temperature difference between the object that made the hole and went into the lake and the temperature of the water.

What happens when you take a very hot object and plunge it into very cold water?
I think it shattered into small pieces and the pieces sank to the bottom and are buried in the mud.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Or maybe it was missile from Israel or the usa

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Like I said all along the divers went full bohghoul

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join