It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me and a friend went down to Area 51

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

Im sorry but you dont seem to understand such things are easily possible, technology can be your friend if you want it too.

The cell signal issue is a problem I suppose, but then has anyone bothered to try?, pretty sure people working there must get mobile signals. And someone said something about signal jammers?, dont know about that to be honest.

To me it just seems like no one has really bothered to try to find out what goes on there, shame really, guess it all helps adds to the mystery I suppose.

Anyone with half a brain's worth of common sense, wouldn't dare bother sharing it with the public, for all to see

Just like all those people that have invented free energy but dont know what an internet or a torrent is to share it with people?. Righty ho! then!
edit on 16-2-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i heard they wash and wax the ufo's on mondays

try tuesday next time

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JoyfullMustard

Pics or it didn't happen.

(Yes, somebody had to say it.)

What if you did see a UFO? Were you prepared?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The desert was nice and we sat there listening to SNSD till coast to coast am came on and coast to coast talked about Area 51 that night we tried to get on the air but we kept getting the bizzy tone. It would have been cool to give a live report about the base on the air from right outside the base... LOL

Well at least you enjoyed yourselves while camping out.
Who else can claim they camped outside of Area 51, munched on food and listened to Coast to Coast. The only thing you left out is night vision goggles and a case of beer.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
When I first saw this thread, I thought it read 'down on area 51'.

You should have brought some chocolates. The reptilians hate the taste of chocolate in their human salad sandwiches.

edit on 16-2-2013 by starshift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Its kind of pointless now that every one knows about the base. Of coarse they are not going to fly any secret craft on the base, its constantly being watched by the public. They knew you wear coming before you wear even coming.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
What if you did see a UFO? Were you prepared?

I would like to think so.
I don't know what i would have done if we had seen one realy.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Note that Groom Lake gets federal holidays off. In theory, they will not be flying the 737s Monday (2/18/2013).

Now there is a theory that the best time to do a "test" is on weekends and federal holidays, which is when there are fewer employees on base. Remember that even if you work at Groom, you can't see everything.

Having been on TIkaboo on weekends and weekdays, I rather be there on a weekday. ;-) This is not to say you can't learn stuff about the base while watching it on the weekend.

If you can stand the heat or cold (as the case may be), the best time to see something around the range that is Groom related is the last two weeks of June and the last two weeks of December, provided no flag exercise is scheduled. That is because Nellis Weapons School is not active during those two week stretches. Those periods are the best times to scan for Groom Lake frequencies since there is no Nellis related chatter. If you are in this two week period and there is no moon, tests are very likely.

Regarding walking around the border at night, especially at the front gate where there are always camo dudes, you should first familiarize yourself with the border during daylight hours. The dudes get a little antsy when you wander around at night and will track you with a spot light. I have seen them fire up the red and blue "cop" lights they have behind the front grille if you approach at night. This is to signal their presence.

If you are by the border at night, they will watch you all night long. For their report, they need to get your license plate number, which somehow gets relayed to the Lincoln County Sheriff Department. I have had the dudes wait by the road to get my plate. This was not at the front back but rather in the hills near the back gate. Clearly they had a camera parked on me because as soon as I got out of the car to er um you know, I could hear the dude mobile driving and then park at the intersection to get my plate. Either they have cameras that I don't know about or they can set up portable surveillance on the fly.

There are spots around the range where you can't be seen from Bald Mountain. I think this is one of them.
37°29'27.14"N 115°41'37.44"W
If I have the right spot, there is a camp site there. The dudes would be forced to park nearby and watch you all night.

If you use this google earth overlay, the green area is where they can see you from Bald Mountain. The areas near the border that are not green may or may not have local camera.
Link should open google earth

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
thanks for the useful info

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
1. How many sandwiches were brought/consumed?
2. Why egg salad?
3. Who let the dogs out?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dondrews
1. How many sandwiches were brought/consumed?

We had 3 coolers 24 sandwiches were brought.
16 where consumed during a 4 day trip.
Only one night was outside the base.

2. Why egg salad?

the egg salad was in homage to are favorite non-alien / UFO movie "Mystery Men" 1999

Originally said by The Shoveller

This is egg salad. It's loaded with cholesterol, the wife won't even let me touch it. It hardly seems to matter now 'cause, chances are, we're already dead. Amazing is gone, there's no use waiting for the cavalry, because as of this moment, the cavalry is *us*!!!!

3. Who let the dogs out?

deepak chopra

edit on 16-2-2013 by JoyfullMustard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
You can see it on TV and the internet, not worth getting shot over in my opinion.
edit on 16-2-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

They won't shoot you .. I've seen plenty of videos of people driving past the signs.. they get detained and the local police is sent to pick them up .. to my knowledge nobody has been shot for tresspassing..

However if you make it past them I'm sure they will open fire at some point =)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

After the late eighties and early nineties the good folks over at groom lake are going to be a lot more careful about civilians seeing their secret projects. After bob lazar went public, hundreds would used to go to the blakc mailbox and watch strange lights but now that they know how many people saw their projects they are a lot more hesitant to test their aircraft so often, that is if they are even testing aircraft out their anymore. Tests now are generally conducted at about 3am on weeknights because it is so unlikely that anyone will be around to see it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

This thread put a smile on my face for the rest of the day

The egg sarnies was the highlight of your post

Thankyou for cheering me up on a boring sunday afternoon

Star for you

There should me more posts like this every once in a while.
edit on 17/2/13 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezappa

This thread put a smile on my face for the rest of the day

The egg sarnies was the highlight of your post

Thankyou for cheering me up on a boring sunday afternoon

Star for you

There should me more posts like this every once in a while.
edit on 17/2/13 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

Thank you... I try to live my life like the worlds going to end at midnight everyday.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Everyone knows Wednesday is the day everything happens that or Friday...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cornczech
Wow...THAT'S a bummer.

My husband and I went TWICE....both times in 1999/2000. We drove there from Salt Lake City and the first time we went, we drove up to the point where it has the sign authorizing deadly force. It was dark as hell outside and my husband gets out of the car and starts to walk around in the desert. ALL of a sudden a flood of light first illuminates my husband.....then a few seconds later on the car where I was sitting. Then headlights turn on ahead of us....like on a hill....and so, with the spotlight still on him....he walks back towards the car and the floodlight goes out. My husband is one of those kind of guys who hates to be forced into something or to be told what to do...so he's like, "screw this...they're not gonna run me off!" So we set up our tent and slept the night there. We DID see strange lights that would suddenly dart off and moved unlike anything I'd ever seen. The strangest part of the night were the dreams my husband and I had of voices surrounding the tent and movement and the knowledge "something is out there"......we BOTH had the same dreams and heard the same whispers in our dreams. The next morning, we packed up....and were followed by a Jeep...a white one, if my memory is still working......two guys in cammies and with guns....they stayed behind us until we almost got to the road and then they turned around and drove back......

The next trip, (and the last one), we were going back to Salt Lake from Vegas and decided to stop by area 51 again to camp. The scary lights and things we saw in the sky spooked us enough that we slept in the car that night and then left the next morning, (plus I was feeling sick from too much....um...fun in Vegas)

So...sorry you didn't see anything....besides, I am sure I read somewhere that all the testing, "secretive" stuff moved to another base years ago....but..what is an old lady's memory, if not sometimes faulty

If you saw anything really worth talking about they would disappear you...so why go through all the trouble I figure.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I wonder how many suicidal people have taken themselves out by walking over Area 51's borders.
I hear the people in the white Jeeps would kill you if you went past the orange posts.
Creepy!

edit on 17-2-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
I wonder how many suicidal people have taken themselves out by walking over Area 51's borders.
I hear the people in the white Jeeps would kill you if you went past the orange posts.
Creepy!

I don't think that is true

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
Creepy!

not true a BBC crew walked right into area 51 last year and knocked on the door of their tea room / guard room.
They got shouted at. guns pointed at them and arrested. They were not killed.
edit on 17-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join