It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000 Dolphins clump together

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

100,000 Dolphins clump together

www.nbcbayarea.c om

Thousands of dolphins spanning across 7 miles of ocean were sighted off the coast of San Diego on Thursday, a boat captain told NBC 7 San Diego.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Now this is unheard of ever happening before that i know... Dolphins don´t usually clump together in numbers more than 200...

Guests aboard the boat started screaming and pointing when they first saw the school of adult and juvenile common dolphins. Dutra estimated there were about 100,000 dolphins swimming in the area. “They were coming from all directions, you could see them from as far as the eye can see,” he said. “I’ve seen a lot of stuff out here… but this is the biggest I’ve ever seen, ever.”

What is going on here? Do these dolphins know something is going to happen that we don´t? Do they sense it with their "sixth sense" perhaps?

www.nbcbayarea.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-2-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I'm going with earthquake.

I probably have a reason why, but it's just too early in the morning

+35 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Once they start singing "So long and thanks for all the fish! So sad it had to come to this!"
Be very alarmed.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Hard to know why they are all merging together - as opposed to their regular natural grouping. Animals tend to know when to move away from an area of threat - recall the Elephants breaking loose from their shackled legs just prior to the tsunami in 2004? Think of ants when rain is coming? Think of any animal with which you are familiar and how they behave when life is okay and how they behave when life is anything but okay.

Animals have their natural behaviours and anything outside that is cause to wonder why they have stepped outside their regular boundaries. I am not an alarmist but this article does make a person go hmmmm.....

The one thing that is obvious is that they have communicated to one another and they have all listened!!!

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Or this boat was in the right place at the right time to experience this? We always assume that it is "unprecedented" or "odd" because we have never experienced it but maybe for the dolphins, this is just another day in the their lives?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
MAybe they are on their way to a huge ocean rumble

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Dolphins are quite intelligent. Who's to say they weren't having some sort of social gathering.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Khedwulf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I am seriously awestruck......this is unreal.....

I'm not one to try and predict anything usually but I will say , this is AS disturbing as it is beautiful....they're not having a convention for gods sake.

100,000???
I need to stay out of here and go back to normal internet shenanigans....but I can't...it's addicting

I say MASSIVE EQ coming......I hope not but this behavior is startling.
edit on 16-2-2013 by ujustneverknow because: typo

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
There have been a few other massive pods spotted recently, not 100,000 in size but still.

this is from just over a month ago.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ujustneverknow

Why assume they are moving away from something bad? Perhaps they are heading toward something positive instead.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I know , I know....WIKI but it's not too terrible....
Common dolphins live in both warm-temperate and tropical waters ranging from 40-60°N to 50°S. Long-beaked common dolphins mostly inhabit shallow, warm costal water.[6] Short-beaked common dolphins are common "along shelf edges and in areas with sharp bottom relief such as seamounts and escarpments".[4] Common dolphin have a varied diet consisting of many species of fish and squid. This includes both mesopelagic species and epipelagic schooling species. They have been recorded to make dives up to 200 metres (660 ft) deep.

Common dolphins can live in aggregations of hundreds or even thousands of dolphins.[6] They sometimes associate with other dolphin species, such as pilot whales.[6]

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
i have passed this along to a former co-worker who knows a tremendous amount about animal behavior. maybe she can shed some light on this seemingly unusual event(s).

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Reply to post by Amanda5

Excellent points, great post. Dolphins are amazing creatures, arent they? If theyre acting unusually, and there is a whole lot of them moving in the same direction... I'd be looking as to where they came from to see what happens. And I'd probably get out of the area. I'd be willing to assume they know what they're doing, and most like what they're doing is running away from a threat. What a great story OP.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Maybe they're on their way to Japan to declare war on the fishing industry.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
they are coming for you

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMistro81

I'm with you , lol...I have been reading up since this thread started...
I have found a lot about dolphins and other mammals behavior observed during significant quakes.
Mainly , abnormal behavior was mainly observed by dolphins , apes , chimps and flamingos as well as Red lemurs.

Some animals only acted up during the quakes , some didn't care at all,lol.
Fascinating stuff.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
My friend who is doing her PHD in dolphin behaviour said it would definitely be some sort of food situation - huge salmon run or something.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

What is going on here? Do these dolphins know something is going to happen that we don´t? Do they sense it with their "sixth sense" perhaps?

But what is you definition on the sixth sense in this question? A totally opened all seeing eye (That might be more of a feeling that all is connected and feeling that connection to undefined sources)? Playing around and noticing synchronicity? Or are we talking about seeing differently with the eyes to notice things that others can't see?

Maybe they have gotten a couple of dolphin buddha:s guiding them.
. Do you really think all buddha:s that come back are humans?

Would that not be funny if Jesus came back as a dolphin?

edit on 16-2-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Dolphins are still using Direct Democracy, eventually they will realize that gets too crowded as their populations increase.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join