It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walled In

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I look to my right, to my left, up and down, pining for space beyond these walls.
My eyes tear as I squint at the constant bright light that continuously occupies my existence.
My body aches from hours of contortion trying, though unsuccessful to be comfortable.
Time does not pass any faster regardless of how much I urge it to.
The material around my wrists and neck begin to drive me mad. I fantasize of the time I can part myself of these bonds inherent to my world.
At times I feel my situation is unbearable and that within moments I may let loose a terrible scream, venting my stress, my pain, my frustration, perhaps my very soul.

But then, my prison fades and I step out of my office.

My walls are gone now, cold and unrelenting,replaced by a warm breeze and the entire world at my feet.
I blink away the dryness of my eyes to gaze uninhibited upon the real sunlight.
My body limbers up from being constricted in my office chair in which it is a constant struggle to prevent slouching.
I loosen my tie and cuffs to relieve the utter madness of their constriction and instead of fantasies, dread partially floods my mind in knowing that at some point soon I will once again shackle myself with these burdens of my weekday world.
Instead of crying out in anguish, I now release a sigh of relief as I look forward to time away from my prison.

My excitement is palpable..

Nothing can stop me now.

I look to my left and right, up and down. I am behind walls again, but of a different kind. Still feels like a prison in which time stands still. I stare glass eyed over my steering wheel, waiting for the prison to once again fade.....

Happy weekend all

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

...dread partially floods my mind in knowing that at some point soon I will once again shackle myself with these burdens of my weekday world.

Never again... I quit that world a long time ago. Dirt, disease, starvation, even death was preferable to selling my soul for one_more_day_.

He who gains the whole world and loses his soul has gained nothing.

Or something like that.

Thats how you know, it eats at you...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

wow .. time to change jobs ?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by MDDoxs

wow .. time to change jobs ?

Nah, I actually quite like my job. However, there is always those days that you feel as described above.

But I am sure the feeling of being trapped is a constant presence for some unfortunately.

Thanks for reading

top topics

join