It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travelling the world without a passport, any tips?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Im leaving my passport and $10K Oz with an Ex GF (one I know I can trust,with money and a passport, wouldnt leave my pets with her though)

Me thinks someone will be traveling legally while you sweat it out in some jail somewhere.

LOL she comes from a good family and has her own money, not even a slight concern that she wont come through if I need her
edit on 15/2/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
no, the worst case scenario is you get murdered by these coyotes or sold into sex slavery.

why no just do it the legal way? its not like it would change the experience in any way but positive and then you would have all the cool stamps on your passport.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Marid Audran because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

LOL

We got plenty of beautiful scenery but bugger all in the way of cultural diversity, thats more of what I wanna see

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
Well, when you do get caught I hope you won`t cry to your embassy to help you and waste embassy time and tax payer money.
if you choose to break the law in dozens of countries by entering illegally you shouldn`t expect the tax payers to foot the bill to help you out.

Good luck, I reckon i`ll be reading about you in thread here on ATS in the future

Australian held in communist prison charged with spying, execution scheduled for monday

Im pretty confident I wont get caught, Of course if I do though Ill have no choice but to contact the embassy but as in a few other cases Ive heard about Ill most likely be forced to pay back any costs.

Youll defo be reading about it on ATS though, Ill be using this as my journal

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
We had this show on for awhile called Locked -Up Abroad.Maybe you should take a look at the few that deal with some of the countries you will be traveling to.

video.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

I think China-Russia would be easiest and safest as well but that kinda defeats the purpose, The India and Stans route is the most likely one Im thinking. Got 6 weeks to plan it all out

Will defo have a few hundred in palm greasing cash on me at all times but on the whole am gonna try and do it with what I can make on the way, I wont let myself starve or sleep on the street but Im not gonna walk around like a cashed up tourist.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

No. Worst case scenario...you rotting away for year after year in some back country jail, for no logical reason you can think of....dying there...your friends and family left to wonder what happened to you...forever. That is the worst case scenario...jmoho...

Well yeah there is that but anywhere backward enough to do that will accept "cash donations".

Doing any more than a few days in some smelly hole is as bad as it will get... unless I get tortured

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
no, the worst case scenario is you get murdered by these coyotes or sold into sex slavery.

why no just do it the legal way? its not like it would change the experience in any way but positive and then you would have all the cool stamps on your passport.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Marid Audran because: (no reason given)

Is there a market for male sex slaves?

Its a completely different experience to travelling legally, Got plenty of stamps in 1.5 full passports

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
world passport

Ive never heard of that before and Im guessing it would be about as helpful as being without a passport.

Its not just about travel, its about the experience of travelling without the passport thats the appealing part for me.
I dont know 1 person whos crossed a closed border without a PP let alone a dozen!!!!

i'll introduce you to my landscaper.

i had thought you didn't have passport, now i see what yer thinkin'.

'ballsey'

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
lol, Cultural Bungee jumping.

I don't see the appeal myself, and I don't think it will turn out well if you do embark on this journey.

Who knows when you'll end up suicided in a cell because no one pays the ransom...

oO

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
what you are attempting reminded me of a subplot from the movie ...

The Hollywood Knights

an initiation ceremony involving four pledges who are left in Watts wearing nothing but the car tires they are left to carry,

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You coming to the uk? Criminals always revisit the scene of the crime

Just bring a passport, How are you going to get on an island without it?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Bringing the passport would just make it a holiday not an adventure LOL.
You guys have plenty of illegals so I cant imagine its too hard to get on your little island

When I arrive without my PP the first rounds on you

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Bringing the passport would just make it a holiday not an adventure LOL.
You guys have plenty of illegals so I cant imagine its too hard to get on your little island

When I arrive without my PP the first rounds on you

Edit: I hate double posts

How do they even happen?
edit on 15/2/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Seriously, this is a bad idea.

You will have little or no access to medical care and good places to stay - most decent hotels require your passport info.

And frankly, you will probably end up in prison. You might be able to make it through one or two checkpoints on the route but you are not going to make it across Europe.

The first thing I'd ask myself as a border officer if presented with you is "why has this person got no ID at all", and if you told me you were on an adventure I'd have you interned in a holding camp for deportation straight away - you could be a terrorist for all I know.

Just get a passport and do it safely.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

pay the people smugglers to transport you in the back of a truck and you will be taken overland and smuggled via calais across the channel. When caught say ; asylum - no passport' - they will send you to Lunar House in Croydon and you will get free housing, money and eventually a British passport.

If you want to do it 'legally' with no passport - good luck with that .. you aint gonna get far
but by sea is your best option.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The experiences of this guy may help you:
ATS Thread: How To Fly Without ID
edit on 16.2.2013 by grobi77 because: typo

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
it seems that none of the members here are going to talk some sense [
] into you...

so, as a 'tip'...

i would recommend that you have an excellent understanding of uhh... absolute or positve law, being aware of what the true and actual meanings of words are in a legal context.

also, bone up on 'king's english'.

when confronted by authorities you will have to know how to conduct yourself and communicate properly.

but, i'm thinkin', you are already aware of the above and are planning this 'hare brained scheme' to put into play the stuff that you know and gain from the experience that comes from it.

awesome!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Ive got a passport, thats not the issue.

Medical care doesnt require a passport anywhere Ive ever been, not looking to stay in 5 star hotels I plan on roughing it in backpackers and B and Bs etc etc.

I wont be using checkpoints Ill be taking back roads and "smugglers routes", maybe a dodgy fishing boat or 2.

I will have ID and most importantly for most of the places Ill be going through, Ill have $$$

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
OP the fact that you considered traveling illegally into Iran via Pakistan and India tells me that you're a fantasist who isn't nearly smart enough to pull this trip off. You're lack of understanding regarding the world you plan on traveling across is unreal.
The idea that a few Australian dollars is going to be enough to get you out of the SH** you'll be in if the Iranians or Paks catch you hiking across their borders illegally is laughable and even assuming you made your way across you clearly have no appreciation for just how incredibly challenging many of the climbs you'd be making are, even for experts, and how much a starry eyed and evidently extremely naive white guy is going to stand out off the tourist routes in Pakistan or anywhere in Iran.
The top route is doable but certainly not by you. This thread is a complete joke. Take the advice of somebody who has visited several of these countries and give it up or take your trip legally after a huge amount of planning and maybe learning a couple of languages.
I know this may sound overly harsh but somebody needs to be the voice of reason because this thread can basically be distilled down to "I plan on killing myself". If you're very lucky you might just end up in prison but do you have any idea what would happen to an Australian backpacker in prison in most of these countries because ass rape is just the beginning.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Arkady because: addition

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join