It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Your Native American Totem?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Inspired by Nurelic's thread What Would Your Native American Name Be?

Here is a Link to a Native American birth chart. I thought it would be interesting to post our results and let our fellow ATSers decide if our online persona fits our results.

I'll go first. My info:

Feb 19 - Mar 20 Birth.
Moon: Big Winds
Animal Totem: Wolf
Mineral Totem:
Silver Plant Totem: Plantain
Directional Totem: Buffalo
Elemental Clan Totem: Frog
Affinity Color: Silver
Personality Traits: sympathetic, adaptable, intuitive, impressionable, benevolent, trusting, sensitive, generous, gentle, warm

And a brief description of wolf:

Wolf: The Native Americans regarded the wolf as an intellect in both mind and spirit, a keeper of knowledge, and a great teacher, as well as a guide to the sacred. Those born during the Big Winds Moon are most often intellectuals, like their totem, and are usually hunters of knowledge, especially with regards to philosophy, religion, and anything else that they feel might bring meaning and purpose into their lives.

Like the wolf, they are often very good with handling children and make excellent teachers.

Wolf people are usually quite intuitive, and can often quickly discern the intentions and attitudes of others, even when they are hidden. Both wolves and Wolf people have a need to have a well-defined territory. For Wolf people, this territory not only includes their home and work spaces, but also their relationships with others. Q

QqWolves are very social animals and companionship is important to them. Usually they partner for life. And so it is too for the people with this totem. Wolf people are usually quite sensitive and, for them, a break-up can be devastating. These people often have difficulty handling their emotions. They feel vulnerable if they express them too freely, yet become depressed when their emotions are repressed. Their emotional imbalance may cause difficulties in their relationships.

I think this describes me perfectly. But you be the judge....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'll join in! I liked the other thread as well.

According to the charts...

Birth Moon: Harvest
Animal Totem: Brown Bear
Mineral Totem: Amethyst
Plant Totem: Violet
Directional Totem: Coyote
Elemental Clan Totem: Turtle
Affinity Color: Purple
Personality Traits: industrious, unassuming, reasonable, hardworking, modest, warm-hearted, good natured, helpful, dependable

Brown Bear:

Brown Bears are independent and self-reliant, and so too are those whose birth totem is Brown Bear. These people are usually slow in acclimating themselves to change, and will often retreat to their dens for a time, where they can feel comfortable and secure within the familiar.

Brown bear people are constructive and have a knack for fixing just about anything, from repairing a broken down car to mending a torn relationship. These people are usually quite gentle, like their totem animal, and handle their relationships with much tenderness and understanding.

The Native peoples regarded the Brown Bear as a dreamer. People with this totem often love to daydream and have a vivid imagination. Sometimes they can get so wrapped up in their daydream that they become unable to distinguish it from their physical reality, which may cause others to think that they are liars.

Amethyst:

Amethyst is the mineral associated with the Harvest Moon. It is a strong protector stone and is said to guard one against everything from black magic, to hailstorms, to alcohol intoxication. It is also a very spiritual stone and can help one to find spiritual attunement, as well as helping to find balance between the spiritual and the physical.

Amethyst is calming and soothing and can help one with finding the cause(s) of their anger and thereby enable them to release it. This stone is especially good for Brown Bear people as it helps to calm and clarify the dream state.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Okay, I'll bite:

Dec 22 - Jan 19

Birth Moon: Earth Renewal
Animal Totem: Snow Goose
Mineral Totem: Clear Quartz
Plant Totem: White Birch
Directional Totem: Buffalo
Elemental Clan Totem: Turtle
Affinity Color: White
Personality Traits: self-demanding, reliable, prudent, ambitious, practical, resourceful, shrewd, patient, persevering

And a description of Snow Goose:

The large white snow goose travels great lengths, some as far as 5,000 miles, during its yearly migrations to and from its nesting grounds in the North Arctic. As a totem, Snow Goose people will often go to great lengths to make their aspirations a reality.

They have clear ambitions, and their imaginative minds, strong determination, sheer energy, and bubbling enthusiasm can make the seemingly impossible become attainable for them. Their persistence and determination often makes them successful at attaining long-term goals that they have set out for themselves. Snow Geese will spend hours picking insects off of each other.

Snow Goose people will often do ordinary things extremely well, sometimes to the point of perfection. These perfectionists can also sometimes be nitpickers, letting small and insignificant matters bother and frustrate them. When they feel that they're not getting their goals accomplished quickly enough, or they perceive an obstacle, even a minor one, in their path, Snow Goose people often have a tendency to become despondent and depressed. Snow geese travel in large flocks, sometimes numbering in the thousands.

Like their totem, Snow Geese people are usually very social and enjoy being in the company of others.

The description only fits my personality about 50%, but it was fun anyway!

ETA: Okay, after reading it all again maybe it fits me a bit more than I thought!
edit on 15-2-2013 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Cool thread idea smylee
Yours does describe you from what I have read of you - Mine seems pretty bang on too.

Jun 21 - Jul 21

Birth Moon: Strong Sun
Animal Totem: Woodpecker
Mineral Totem: Rose Quartz
Plant Totem: Wild Rose
Affinity Color: Pink
Personality Traits: emotional, sensitive, sympathetic, protective, vulnerable, imaginative, loving, thrifty, kind, considerate

I just put the first part in, on account of space.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Mar 21 - Apr 19
Birth Moon: Budding Trees
Animal Totem: Falcon
Mineral Totem: Fire Opal
Plant Totem: Dandelion
Directional Totem: Golden Eagle
Elemental Clan Totem: Thunderbird
Affinity Color: Yellow

Personality Traits: energetic, independent, outspoken, enterprising, adventurous, frank, courageous, enthusiastic, imaginative

That's somewhat accurate.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Do you think this describes you?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'll play!

Sep 22 - Oct 22

Birth Moon: Ducks Fly
Animal Totem: Raven
Mineral Totem: Jasper (Bloodstone)
Plant Totem: Mullein
Directional Totem: Grizzly Bear
Elemental Clan Totem: Butterfly
Affinity Color: Brown
Personality Traits: tolerant, talkative, pleasant, idealistic, diplomatic, cheerful, fun, artistic, tidy, efficient, easy-going, tactful

About the Raven.

Ravens and crows like to be together in numbers. They travel together, eat together, and live together. Raven people have this trait as well, preferring the company of others to being alone and on their own. They feel the happiest and most secure when they are with others. They work best when they are in a group, and are extremely loyal to any group that they are a part of, and like the Raven, they are always ready to defend it when necessary.

Like the birds, these people are often cautious and wary which may make it difficult for them to make decisions. They are often indecisive and slow to make up their minds, preferring instead to remain neutral rather than to choose one side or one thing over another. However, once they have made a decision, they will act on it with conviction.

Since ancient times, the Raven and Crow have been associated with magick and mystery, and have been regarded as the guardian of secrets. Almost like magic, Raven people often have an uncanny ability to turn their wants and desires into realities. They are also usually very good at being discreet and keeping secrets.

talkative, pleasant, artistic, easy-going and tactful i'd says pretty accurate as well as the indecisiviness

Nice find S&F
edit on 15-2-2013 by christafinias because: quote correction

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Sure, I'll play.

Ducks Fly Moon: Sep 22 - Oct 22
Sep 22 - Oct 22

Personality Traits: tolerant, talkative, pleasant, idealistic, diplomatic, cheerful, fun, artistic, tidy, efficient, easy-going, tactful

I'd question the tidiness part, but other than that, pretty spot on I think. And no, not just because it's a long list of compliments.

Like the birds, these people are often cautious and wary which may make it difficult for them to make decisions. They are often indecisive and slow to make up their minds, preferring instead to remain neutral rather than to choose one side or one thing over another. However, once they have made a decision, they will act on it with conviction.

The mineral totem for the Ducks Fly Moon is jasper, particularly bloodstone jasper. Among the many purported abilities of bloodstone includes stopping bleeding, making its wearer invisible, restoring lost eyesight, ensuring a long life, bringing rain, and drawing poison from a snake bite.

Bloodstone is a grounding stone that harmonizes one with the Earth's energies and helps one to find balance in their life.

Once again, paganistic culture has shown its wisdom. Pretty accurate picture, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Aw...I'm gonna be a poop here. I have no First Nations blood in me, and I see a lot of folks going around as 'wanna-be's' and 'shoulda-beens'. I hold the FN and their beliefs with respect, I know a couple of words of Ojibway, but I would not try to assume any of their culture. Maybe it's my German background...I see too many Krauts running around in buckskin and living in tepees - thinktransatlanticunc.files.wordpress.com...

The words 'cultural appropriation' come too quickly to mind.

But don't let me be a buzz-kill, eh?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Be a cantankerous party-pooping oldtimer if you want, but it begs the question: why did you even click the link if you're not interested??

edit on 15-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

He needed to badly voice his opinion which had really nothing to do with the thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

But he has an awesome avatar...

He's a lumberjack and he's okay.....!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think JCs post is a good counterbalance to the OP ( I read both posters avidley BTW ) and that is part of what we do here at ATS
JC does have more archealogical experience then most of us, as well as the good old German precision.
having some FN bood and a shamanistic bent myself I would say

This is not really traditional FN beleief

having said all that: HAVE SOME FUN with it by all means..at least you will look in the mirror while doing so

PS
haha
freeze up moon
the was so me

edit on 15-2-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Fox has always been my guide.

According to this, It says Owl for me. The interesting thing is, my "elemental clan" totem is the Thunderbird.

That was the name of my neighborhood when I was growing up as a little kid!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Pretty darn close. I can have a temper from time to time so I suppose I need to get me one of them amethyst stones and keep in my pocket...lol

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
so I got sturgen
Birth Moon: Ripe Berries
Animal Totem: Sturgeon
Mineral Totem: Garnet & Iron
Plant Totem: Raspberry
Elemental Clan Totem: Thunderbird
Affinity Color: Red
Personality Traits: confident, authoritative, energetic, self-assertive, dramatic, fastidious, generous, trusting, optimistic
id say the persoanality traits are off though
as for this statement
Demands that are put on them by others can also be a source of emotional upset and a lot of stress for Sturgeon people.
that i relate to

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Mine and yours are the same im Feb. 25th. This is spot on, im half native american and im into things like this. Good find!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Sep 22 - Oct 22

ok!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

This is so AWESOME!

Thanks for starting this thread, OP... I just love these kinds of things....

Let me just translate all of my personal information into this new form of Totem Animal language, and post it so that you can further narrow down my profile...

Kewl!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Don't be too quick to dismiss your background.....I too have a German name, was born blond and blue eyed, but when I began to do some of the Ancestry stuff I found some of my grandmother's cousins listed in the Cherokee nation listings.....lo and behold my Great Great Great Grandfather was Native American!

A little disappointed that my totem is a woodpecker tho....always felt more of a kinship with the ponies! (Note my avatar: an appaloosa, associated with the Nez Perce tribe)

from the site:

Jun 21 - Jul 21

Birth Moon: Strong Sun
Animal Totem: Woodpecker
Mineral Totem: Rose Quartz
Plant Totem: Wild Rose
Affinity Color: Pink
Personality Traits: emotional, sensitive, sympathetic, protective, vulnerable, imaginative, loving, thrifty, kind, considerate

My yard is full of rose bushes....my pasture full of frogs....the coyotes ate all my chickens!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join