It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things not where you left them?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Have you ever put something some place and when you went to get it, it was not there, only to be found some place else?

The other day, I had been using a pencil all day while working. At the end of the day, I sharpened the pencil and left it on my desk. The next morning when I went back to work - the pencil was gone. I looked under everything on the desk. I figured the cats must have knocked it on the floor. I even looked with a flashlight - no pencil anywhere.

A few days later. I went out shopping. When I got home and took the bags out of the car, there is the pencil on the seat under the bags in the car.

It was definitely the same pencil. This vehicle had not been used for about a week before the pencil disappeared until I took it shopping a few days after the pencil disappeared. No one had been in the car during that time period. We had been using a different car, and the one where the pencil was found had been left sort of buried in the snow the whole time.

I was wondering if anyone else has had things disappear only to be found later in a strange place? Any ideas on what happens to the items? This has happened to me before - something disappears only to be found a few days later in a strange place. Are there parallel universes where things disappear to? Do spirits take them? Any other ideas?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I get this quite often, but it's usually the missus tidying up after me or the mystery of socks and washing machines.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I do this to my boyfriend all the time. I also have a little tiny squirt gun that I've gotten very good at hiding. Every once in a while he will feel just a few drops of water hitting him and has no idea what's going on.

He jokes that my apartment is haunted but I can see hes really freaked out. I should clue him in but its so darn funny.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnieMaine

Hello...yes I have had a similar experience. I have a pair of hair cutting scissors that I use to trim my hair periodically; I have had these scissors for almost 20 years.

I am a creature of habit in my home; you know the old saying (a place for everything; and everything in its place); these scissors are always kept in the same place in the kitchen; I never vary from this.

Approximately 3 months ago I went into the kitchen to get the scissors and they were not there. I looked all over; everywhere and they were not to be found.

I was sitting at my computer a few hours later; and I looked over at the front door; and lying on the floor next to the door were the scissors.

edit on 15-2-2013 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Things not where you left them?

tell me about it!

still haven't out why.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This happens to me constantly.

The latest was my fingernail clippers, I keep em on the bathroom shelve. I went to get them on Sunday and they where not there. I live alone with some cats btw. Anyway I looked EVERYWHERE in my small home with no luck.
I'm talking everywhere. Then on Tuesday after I had already bought some new clippers I go to the bathroom to grab some aspirin, and what is sitting right there next to the aspirin on the shelve? The dang clippers.

This happens to me constantly, cell phone, wallet, keys, bottle opener. I have come to the conclusion there is either a mischievous entity messing with me, It's my cats, or I'm just a total spaz.

Glad I'm not the only one.

edit on 15-2-2013 by PassiveObserver because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2013 by PassiveObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

In my case, it was always a mother'
"I put it away, dear, so that you would know where it was."

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It happens to me also all the time, although I believe it pretty much normal.

We, humans, are creatures of habit. Most of the stuff we do all the time is automatic. At one moment I may consciously put my keys on the table, but next moment I need them these have just disappeared and come out of some strange place.

The thing is probably when preparing to go out, I may have had already taken the keys. It is just automatic response. I am going out -> take keys. I do not even think about it.

And that is the reason why I can not find them when I start to think about them again.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You know this has happened to me in my new house that was just built. I'd leave my phone or keys in one spot and then they had moved clear across ther room. I even forund crumbs of food on the floor when there wasn't any thing in the house to eat stuff. Weird.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This happens to me all the time. Usually I will find the item exactly where I had checked countless times, then its suddenly there.

The strangest occurrence was a new pair of earrings I had just got and wore them to school. They were long with dangly beads. Everybody was complimenting them . "I love your earrings", touching them. Later in the day at school my friend said " you lost an earring". One was gone and I was upset because I really liked them and just bought them. Anyways I get home and tell my stepmom I lost one of my new earrings and she said " no you didn't, its on top of the mantle, it's been there all day". I said it couldn't possibly be because I had both on at school and everybody noticed them, touched them. How on earth it transported itself back home is a mystery. I absolutely had both on. Looked at them in the mirror before I left. I never went home at lunchtime. It was good to get it back.

I lose a lot if jewelry but it always turns up. I lost a necklace at one home I lived in and 3 moves later it turned up later inside the closet.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Used to happen to me a lot - particularly in the house I grew up in which was an odd house with quite a few strange happenings!

The most prominent occasion was when I was about 18. I'd left my address book (this was the early '80s) on my desk where it lived after using it to call a friend. It then disappeared... I looked everywhere!

Nobody had been near my desk since putting it there so it was a complete mystery. It then reappeared 6 weeks later on top of my TV about 3 feet from where I'd left it. There was no way it had been there all that time and nobody could have hidden it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This is my most bizarre story of disappearing items...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have a section in my paranormal thread where the members discuss disappearing items.
I asked jokingly in one post if anyone ever had food taken? I was amazed to get positive responses!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've had items and food to disappear, and reappear in different places all my life. I don't know if it has something to do with timelines, or not. I don't see how it could since nothing else goes missing.

I think the ETs are curious about some of our items, so they take them to examine them, then bring them back when they are finished.

Or, it could be a ghost that has learned how to snatch things from other dimensions in hopes of being able to use/eat it. When they find out they can't any longer they return it in a place where we will be sure to see it.

One thing is for sure.... something out there loves to "mess with our minds"!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Food going missing is an odd one!

Its always jewelry with me. I also lost a cross and chain right off my neck, thought the clasp came undone and it dropped off someplace, but when I made my bed later, I found it inside my sheets, the clasp was intact. As if it had been removed off me while i slept, fastened back together and put in my bed. The chain was too short to just slip off my head.

I'm remembering other incidents now. I had a platinum bangle that went missing off my wrist. I found it on the bathroom counter busted in half. Platinum as far as I know is a very strong metal. I hadn't used that bathroom in my house for days, hadn't banged my wrist to bust it. It spontaneously snapped apart and ended up in a room I never went into. That same day I had a lightweight piece of furniture in my house that had a metal base. I discovered it tipped over, metal busted apart.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Yes, I am still looking for my Ped Egg. For the life of me, I can't figure out where I put it. But I don;t think ghosts have need for it so I'm ruling that out. I think I may have mistakenly tossed it in the trash.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
And i thought i was the only person who misplaced things, this happens to me almost on a daily basis and not only with forgetting where i put something it also happens with light switches i am certain i shut the light off in the bathroom one day and i would eventually notice that the light was on again for no apparent reason i just assumed i was forgetful

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm always having packs of smokes move around on me, even when I'm completely lucid and REMEMBER the last place I put em....sometimes other rooms, sometimes hidden under stuff across the same room...I'm the only smkker in the house and they know not to move or throw away my smokes lol. I'm a celt, so I like to blame gremlins...Now just lemme find one of the merfs lol. ^_^

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Some vanishing objects puzzle me. In my old apartment, several movies and a few game disks went missing. The game disks were things like disk three of the installation programs, or the bonus feature disk; there were in sealed cases and just vanished. I figured when I moved out, I'd find them, but after a year of going through boxes nothings surfaced. Who knows? Maybe gremlins, maybe untrustworthy maintenance workers.

As for things showing up where I didn't leave them, it used to freak me out. I once had a bed with a small bookshelf attached to the headboard; I woke up one morning with a book pulled off the shelf, set out on top of the other books, and opened to one of my favorite chapters (it was Visser, for any Animorphs fans who still survive). I thought for certain that a ghost had been reading my books, as I was only about thirteen at the time. Finally about three years ago I got my first apartment and moved in with my girlfriend at the time. Come to find out I sleepwalk rather stealthily, and will make food, watch movies, and even, on occasion, read a book. That solved another riddle, too; I'd never known before why I would have such deja vu concerning certain films I'd never (or so I thought) seen before. That, or I'd think I'd dreamed the movie, making me think I'd had a premonition. Kind of funny to find out so many little mysteries in my life were the result of sleepwalking.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Yes this has happend a number of times but I dont really see anything paranormal about it since i lose things all the time, this thread has made me think there is probably something weird going on

edit on 20-2-2013 by LinneaCapri because: Spelling mistake

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This Happens to ME alot. I'll be at home one minute then find myself 'coming to' somewhere totally different. To console myself i go straight to the jack daniels and guess what, it's ALWAYS gone even though i could have sworn there was loads left in the bottle beforehand. Bloody WEIRD !

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
split personality, the other one doesn't tell you where he put things. Get it together, talk to that other personality and see if it will cooperate. Nobody can ever accuse you of talking to yourself if you have two personalities anyway

top topics

<<   2 >>

join