It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA to create 6 drone test sites in US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

www.washingtonguardian.com

In a major step toward opening U.S. skies to thousands of unmanned drones, federal officials Thursday solicited proposals to create six drone test sites around the country.

Privacy advocates worry that a proliferation of drones will lead to a "surveillance society" in which the movements of Americans are routinely monitored, tracked, recorded and scrutinized by the authorities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Here we go and of course these drones will track Americans and eventually kill those who the Government targets. It's sad that so many people have blind trust for Corrupt Politicians from both the left and the right.

Obama is the drone king and of course this will come to America.

The Defense Department says the demand for drones and their expanding missions requires routine and unfettered access to domestic airspace, including around airports and cities, for military testing and training. Currently, the military tests drones in specially designated swaths of airspace in mostly remote parts of the country where they are likely to encounter relatively few other aircraft.

President Barack Obama was asked Thursday about concerns that the administrations believes it's legal to strike American citizens abroad with drones and whether that's allowed against citizens in the U.S. If not, how would he create a legal framework to help citizens know drone strikes can't be used against them?

"There's never been a drone used on an American citizen on American soil," the president said, speaking during an online chat sponsored by Google in which he was promoting his policy initiatives.

"We respect and have a whole bunch of safeguards in terms of how we conduct counterterrorism operations outside of the United States. The rules outside of the United States are going to be different than the rules inside the United States, in part because our capacity, for example, to capture terrorists in the United States are very different than in the foothills or mountains of Afghanistan or Pakistan.

Notice, Obama didn't answer the question. He didn't say no. This is because Holder will give him legal cover or Congress will loophole it to death where it will be allowed.

Hitler said,"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think."

Sadly, this is true.

edit on 15-2-2013 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Was Christopher Dorner an american citizen, a drone was prepared and ready to launch was it not to search for him.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Tindalos2013 because: typo

edit on 15-2-2013 by Tindalos2013 because: tiptoe

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

The UAVs used by the police are vastly different than the ones used by the military. They aren't capable of being armed, as they are almost all hand launched, or launched by a backpack portable catapult. Those are the UAVs that would be used in a search situation like that. They are capable of carrying a small infrared camera, as well as an electrooptical camera.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

ok thanks for the explaination.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Maby thate why O went to Chicago let them be the first city training ground looks like a real money maker to me. Around here they can't catch the Dial A Ride guys delivering crack when you tell them the schedule so it kinda makes me wonder

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
People have got to unite, and stand their ground and say NO, to this illegal police state and any form of DRONES, and they have to fire and never elect into office, from any party, even their choice of party, and bring some sort of legal action for the treason to ensure that they never see a pension from them. Stand up and stop this. Phone in and write in, to them, to all newspapers and medias Flood them nonstop.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I agree with you completely. Sadly, I fear the powers that be will implement their agenda and people won't take action until it is too late. I'm not sure what the population expects a police state to look like, but it's not like one day we will wake up and the storm troopers will be marching down the streets. It's creeeeeping.

What kind of world do we live in when people can accept that drones - anywhere - are for safety? It's just the next step after they have been chipping away at rights and freedoms for decades. It is irrelevant what party it is. The party system is a farce designed to give people the illusion of democracy.

You have some very good suggestions for people to take action, and I must be too old, because I believe that while that may have a little bit of impact, it won't stop the people who are in power. I know, that's defeatist, but l'm also being a realist. The one thing that would work, and it would require the majority to get on board, is civil disobedience. I don't mean sit-ins and such, I am talking about general strikes, not paying taxes, large scale boycotts. The only way the corporate government will listen is if their bottom line is affected.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic

In a major step toward opening U.S. skies to thousands of unmanned drones, federal officials Thursday solicited proposals to create six drone test sites around the country.

Privacy advocates worry that a proliferation of drones will lead to a "surveillance society" in which the movements of Americans are routinely monitored, tracked, recorded and scrutinized by the authorities.

"In a major step toward opening U.S. skies to thousands of unmanned drones" -- The steps were taken in 2012 in FAA reform. All regions around the USA have until 2015 to be fully compliant with the new law, including using drones as part of the new guidelines.

News Link - TheHill.com

Law Text - Thomas.loc.gov
edit on 15-2-2013 by Philippines because: Edit: Not years ago. last year. Added links..

top topics

join