It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor in cuba

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
the last 3 'reports' are just the original story being reposted..no new info is coming out..just the same story being cut up and re-reported.....im calling shenanigins on this one untill a different story is reported...not that my opinion means much

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
For what it's worth...
Yoani Sanchez, a Cuban dissident blogger in Havana, tweeted the following, citing the Russian meteorite and a fireball in the sky over Cuba.

En los #Urales #Rusia cae un #meteorito y en la region central de #Cuba en el poblado de #Rodas se avista un #bolido que exploto en el cielo

In a second tweet (below), she says (rough translation), "I have family in Rodas who tell me that many people are still bewildered and stunned by the fall of meteorite":

#Cuba Tengo familia en #Rodas y me cuenta que muchos pobladores estan todavia entre azorados y sorprendidos por la caida del #bolido

hmmmm

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
According to RSOE EDIS, it has happened for real:

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Eariler someone stated there had been no EQ`s yet, but look at the two reports out of East Tennessee, and both still have no explaination, Morristown had an explosion that even cracked walls, and in the same area there was an hour and 15 min tremor, that is being reported to have dropped 100,000 birds from the sky. now this is happening. I just am no big beliver in coincidence. Just saw something else, another post that is saying there are up to 12 million bees dead in Florida, what is going on here???
edit on 15-2-2013 by thunder57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
the rsoe date/time is 1815 utc..which is about 3 hours ago..this must be just the time when the 'event' is listed...cause this 'event' happend much earlier than 3 hours ago....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Still, how do you know it is not somehow not all connected? Straglers can come in ahead as well as behind.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well, something happened in Cienfueguero de Rodas, Cuba and while I don't necessarily speak Spanish, it is clear the witnesses saw something in the sky that exploded.

The YouTube video gives some more insight. Hopefully someone can explain in English what they said.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Apparently that it was on Wednesday evening.
www.digitaljournal.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, and it begs more questions than answers now.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

What questions?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Before we even try to go there, any idea why this Cuban incident hasn't hit main steam media yet? You would think it would be trending now. After all, it does appear something did indeed happen over the skies of Cuba that was out of the ordinary.

I have my theories but what's your take on it?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this topic Op -

Interesting times in which we live in!

Originally posted by thunder57
Eariler someone stated there had been no EQ`s yet, but look at the two reports out of East Tennessee, and both still have no explaination, Morristown had an explosion that even cracked walls, and in the same area there was an hour and 15 min tremor, that is being reported to have dropped 100,000 birds from the sky. now this is happening. I just am no big beliver in coincidence. Just saw something else, another post that is saying there are up to 12 million bees dead in Florida, what is going on here???

@ thunder -

If at all possible, could you supply links to your statements..?
(all concerned have vested interest)
Thank you in advance.

To all -

Stay Safe

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

My take is that it was no big deal (Cuba).

Though the Russian one was a rare event because of it's great size, in general fireballs are not as uncommon as you may think and often don't make anything but local news.
www.amsmeteors.org...

edit on 2/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I agree. If it didn't hit the ground, we likely aren't hearing about it til now simply because it just isn't that big a deal.
This sorta stuff happens all the time. We just aren't exposed to it too often.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

This sorta stuff happens all the time. We just aren't exposed to it too often.

Really??? Bright, big meteorites explode, shake houses and rattles windows and scare people all the time?

I don't think so. If you told me meteorites fly through our atmosphere all the time, I would have to agree with you but I am not sure I agree with your analysis based on this incident in Cuba.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chibbols
According to RSOE EDIS, it has happened for real:

hisz.rsoe.hu...

And their source is what, exactly?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

I am not sure I agree with your analysis based on this incident in Cuba
I'm not sure I agree with your description.

Really??? Bright, big meteorites explode, shake houses and rattles windows and scare people all the time?

A resident in the area, Marcos Rodriguez, told El Comercio (Spanish language), "Around 8 pm (local time) on Wednesday we saw a light in the sky which moved into a flame. Big, bigger than the sun and after three or four minutes, we heard the explosion."
www.digitaljournal.com...
A description of a large fireball. Yes, a large one. But they happen. You still have said what you find suspicious.

Oh, a minor point. It's not a meteorite until it hits the ground.

edit on 2/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by Phage

Before we even try to go there, any idea why this Cuban incident hasn't hit main steam media yet? You would think it would be trending now. After all, it does appear something did indeed happen over the skies of Cuba that was out of the ordinary.

I have my theories but what's your take on it?

The answer to that question is obvious. It´s Cuba. They are not exactly in the best of relations with too many other english speaking countries, which they would speak to about this. It is slowly coming out though.

The U.S basically hates Cuba, so not much communication there, and it is a pretty isolated place from all the other ones that would care.

If cuba went under the ocean like Atlantis, it would probably take a few days before it even was reported in the English speaking MSM. And even then, not a big deal.

edit on 15-2-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
hmmmm the story seems to be more crediable now....the point is not some type of connection with 2013 da14..to me it would be the fact that 3 'unrelatead' type of weird meteor sitings have occured at around the same time.........the movie 'battlefield LA' comes to mind

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

We knew 2012 D14 was coming and have known so for a year.

We don't usually know anything about fireballs like this before they happen, but they do. Statistically, meteors like the one in Russia would hit Earth about once a decade. The one in Cuba probably a number of times a year.

Sometimes you roll the dice and come up lucky. Sometimes someone gets a royal flush. But never me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join