It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The answer to all life's problems. One simple solution.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
What is the greatest thing you could ever see? What is the greatest thing you could ever hear? It is the only thing worth seeing and the only thing worth hearing. In fact, it appeals to all of the senses and also goes beyond the senses to appeal to the mind. No, it's not the most interesting man in the world from the Dos equis commercials. It's something that can be experienced at will.

It is the one quality that can belong to anything that exists and render it worthy of appreciation. It is the perceptual result of appreciating as well as the cause.

For those who believe that they can co-create reality, this is the magic. The ability to experience this mysterious thing corresponds with your creative fortitude. It is what you create. It is the only thing the mind can create out of itself.

It's beauty.

When I say beauty, I'm not talking about the superficial beauty of nice clothes and 50 dollar hairstyles, although these things can be seen as beautiful. The beauty i am referring to goes beyond sight. It is something you can feel. Beauty can be heard, tasted, touched, smelled. It is the one thing I have found in all my days of spiritual seeking that has been able to end the seeking. Because beauty is right in front of you all the time if you choose to see it.

Beauty overrides judgement. There's no need for judgement if all is equalized through the beauty of the fact of its existence. Everything, big or small, nice or mean, can be seen as beautiful, and that is how beauty unites all things. Beauty is the reason we exist as we do because it is the one thing that appeals to all senses and every facet of our experiential existence. We were made to experience it because it is worth experiencing.

Look through the lense of "everything is beautiful" and see what I see and try to understand what I'm saying. My words may not do justice the concept of what I'm trying to convey.

As I said, I've done much spiritual seeking and have learned a lot, but have never been satisfied with anything I've learned so the seeking continued. Now, I have a reason to open my eyes and end the seeking because what I have really been looking for was always here everywhere. It is the conclusion.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Your "simple solution" is a subjective one, which basically means that it's not simple at all, because it has as many shades as there are people to interpret it.
edit on 15-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Your "simple solution" is a subjective one, which basically means that it's not simple at all, because it has as many shades as there are people to interpret it.

The problems that I'm referring to are subjective as well. The solution to all subjective problems is a subjective solution.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You sound like a brand new Dad man!?

Breathe ... lol.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timely

Breathe ... lol.

Nah, I was just driving down the road listening to rap, looking at cars, looking at the rising sun , and thinking about life and human existence.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The problems that I'm referring to are subjective as well. The solution to all subjective problems is a subjective solution.

Which means that your ONE simple solution is not going to cover a hundred subjective problems.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Which means that your ONE simple solution is not going to cover a hundred subjective problems.

No. The solution is objectively found to be the answer. The answer is an inner experience, but it was objectively found to, be the solution
edit on 15-2-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Timely

Breathe ... lol.

Nah, I was just driving down the road listening to rap, looking at cars, looking at the rising sun , and thinking about life and human existence.

Nothing wrong with that Mate, it means you are receptive.

Enjoy the here and now ... soak up your surroundings - and see if you can come up with a better
game plan.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The formlessness (Nothingness) creating form (Light) in order to capture its own essence (Quality).

Beauty embodying form to express its essence.

I came up with this idea before and its nice that I'm not the only one to come up with this.

The "everything is beautiful / see the beauty in all things" perspective.

The reason why I didn't continue with it is because I lost consciousness and started digging into duality again of "this VERSUS that" (it can be addictive to the human mind).

The fact that it is subjective means that it is possible to train yourself to see it everywhere, which gives this way of thinking more credibility.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The answer to all life's problems. One simple solution.

Pizza

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Go in search of the one that suffers from life.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Only two things are beautiful enough to give me goosebumps. Women and Music.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Go in search of the one that suffers from life.

If I am so connected that the body is felt and the pain and suffering is felt, then is it not me?

Whether I identity with the suffering or not, the pain is still felt. So the sufferer might as well be seen as myself.

reply to post by Oannes

Originally posted by Oannes
Only two things are beautiful enough to give me goosebumps. Women and Music.

They are not beautiful. They just are. You SEE them as being beautiful from your perspective.

To another, maybe only Men and Silence is beautiful, but since it is all subjective

Women, Men, Music, and Silence can all be seen as equally beautiful...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
What is the greatest thing you could ever see? What is the greatest thing you could ever hear? It is the only thing worth seeing and the only thing worth hearing. In fact, it appeals to all of the senses and also goes beyond the senses to appeal to the mind. No, it's not the most interesting man in the world from the Dos equis commercials. It's something that can be experienced at will.

It is the one quality that can belong to anything that exists and render it worthy of appreciation. It is the perceptual result of appreciating as well as the cause.

For those who believe that they can co-create reality, this is the magic. The ability to experience this mysterious thing corresponds with your creative fortitude. It is what you create. It is the only thing the mind can create out of itself.

It's beauty.

When I say beauty, I'm not talking about the superficial beauty of nice clothes and 50 dollar hairstyles, although these things can be seen as beautiful. The beauty i am referring to goes beyond sight. It is something you can feel. Beauty can be heard, tasted, touched, smelled. It is the one thing I have found in all my days of spiritual seeking that has been able to end the seeking. Because beauty is right in front of you all the time if you choose to see it.

Beauty overrides judgement. There's no need for judgement if all is equalized through the beauty of the fact of its existence. Everything, big or small, nice or mean, can be seen as beautiful, and that is how beauty unites all things. Beauty is the reason we exist as we do because it is the one thing that appeals to all senses and every facet of our experiential existence. We were made to experience it because it is worth experiencing.

Look through the lense of "everything is beautiful" and see what I see and try to understand what I'm saying. My words may not do justice the concept of what I'm trying to convey.

As I said, I've done much spiritual seeking and have learned a lot, but have never been satisfied with anything I've learned so the seeking continued. Now, I have a reason to open my eyes and end the seeking because what I have really been looking for was always here everywhere. It is the conclusion.

Yep I feel ya man....

For me, it starts off by being grateful for *it*, then I see *it* as beautiful... May sound weird, but when a person out of the blue says hi with a smile. I am grateful for that person and I like the person even more, thus the person becomes beautiful to me. Also, here's a weird one.. I even hesitate pulling weeds. No not because it's a lazy bone it's because I feel the weed has a purpose thus I'm grateful for it, then I love the darn thing.. I know, I know.. weird...... But then I pull anyway...

Do note, the person doesn't have to say hi to me for me to have a good day nor for me to like them... A hi is kick ass icing on a cake for me... Any positive gesture returned goes a long way with me...

Thanks for sharing...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If love is really a light, as they say, then beauty is the light. Beauty is seen after appreciation. Appreciation also happens after beauty. They are the same thing. Love and beauty. Same thing. Love is light shining from you. Beauty is the same light reflected back. It is a spiritual light.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

Beauty is beyond appearances. A quiet room with white walls and no furniture can be beautiful. Beauty is the appreciation of the fact of your existence. How can someone appreciate the simple fact of the existence of a white wall? Because it's beautiful. If you can see it. It's a simple choice.

new topics

top topics

join