It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Pharma makes the Red Pill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I loved this short video I discovered on Youtube and wanted to share it with ATS. I am sure this conspiracy forum will enjoy it.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

I don't think you realize how Ironic that video was. I'm sure you enjoyed it, but one major issue I have. The slow droning voice guy says: "The red pill is a way to simplify every issue into awake or asleep so that it's a duality and people who take the red pill are over simplifying complex issues."

The Video maker forgets that he is over simplifying issues even more than the people he is talking about, because the video is implying "the red pill" is a concept that links all conspiracies together, therefor dismissing all of it in one fell swoop.

While it can be said that telling people to wake up is misguided and not a fruitful way to go about things this video is no better, dismissing it all just the same..

Boring.

People who don't like the concept of "Waking up" are the ones who's lives are oversimplified.. They don't have room to think critically on situations, so they just take the blue pill.. No one on red pill side is saying it's easy.. We don't get to just look at a report and believe it.. Got to have background research to back it up..

Waking up is becoming more aware of the world around you. This is not an idea I would make fun of unless I wanted to sleep. We emerge from the Womb in darkness. We gain insight more and more as we age and experience the world. We have been waking up since we were born.. THIS is the red pill.
edit on 2/14/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
retracted
edit on 14-2-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm
reply to post by Dustytoad

Offended or something, jeez dude. Its appropriate and a very funny look at what is most likely your daily life. Forget to take your prozac did ya?

I explained my point. I didn't make fun of you. No I don't take drugs. If you care to argue the Irony I'll be there to help. You sound offended though, throwing insults..

The Video was bordering on Very funny at points, but there was never a punch line so blah, he missed the mark.
edit on 2/14/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

Dustytoad nailed it. The author of the video wound up doing exactly what he accused others of.

*shrug*

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What I find funny is the passion with which people continue to use the whole "red pill/blue pill" line-o'-stuff.
You all realize that it is from a movie, right? Not real life, not a documentary, just a fantasy made for monetary gain?
Things in science fiction fantasies are made up, fictional, and not to be believed. By people who pretend to do things they can't, using trick photography and CGI.
You all treat The Matrix the same way you accuse others of being brain-washed sheeple because they go to church. The whole "red pill/blue pill" concept is just a replay of going to heaven/hell. Neo is a Christ figure. Heck, the whole movie series is rife with Christian allusions.
And it's not really that good of a movie....

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

It's called a metaphor... and it is an effective one.

Do you really need people to explain they are fully aware they aren't talking about a "real" pill?
edit on 14-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Here is the punchline ...

It is just a ride ok ...

Personal Disclosure: So ...

Believe in yourself ...

And learn how to ride a bike ok!

edit on 14-2-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix buggy bbcode.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I love Bill Hicks..

Would it be annoying if I said figuratively "He took the Red Pill?"

Bill Hicks Quotes

The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round; it has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun... for a while.

Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: "Is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, and they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid -EVER- because, this is just a ride." And we... KILL those people HAHAHA!

"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!"... But it's just a ride. And we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok?

Jesus - murdered; Martin Luther King - murdered; Malcolm X - murdered; Gandhi - murdered; John Lennon - murdered; Reagan... wounded HAHA! But it doesn't matter because: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. A choice, right now, between fear and love.

top topics

join