It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mars rock not!Hoagaland is correct.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
While i was looking at the mars creature thread when i saw this picture. Apparently this is indentation caused by the drill. But is it though? I believe this picture was published by accident and the object protruding from the rock is why nasa went to gale crator. Its obviosly metal and it is obviously sticking out. It is obviously ancient. I dont know how to link my pic but if you click on my profile you will see it. img.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: tried to add pic

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
While i was looking at the mars creature thread when i saw this picture. Apparently this is indentation caused by the drill. But is it though? I believe this picture was published by accident and the object protruding from the rock is why nasa went to gale crator. Its obviosly metal and it is obviously sticking out. It is obviously ancient. I dont know how to link my pic but if you click on my profile you will see it. img.abovetopsecret.com...

So how big is the object and how did NASA know about it

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
This again?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
no its different detractor.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Its obviosly metal and it is obviously sticking out. It is obviously ancient.

It doesn't look like metal to me, It's not reflecting enough light to be metal, especially since the sun appears to be directly on it...It looks like rock...and since it's rock, probably ancient...The rest of your OP, I'll have to disagree with...except that it sticks out.

edit on 13-2-2013 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

because that area retains heat longer. Its about five cm ,the bit which is sticking out ,who knows how much is in the rock.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Ah Hugo

Ok its not Hugo , what am I supposed to be looking at in that picture ?
edit on 13-2-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye

Its obviosly metal and it is obviously sticking out. It is obviously ancient.

It doesn't look like metal to me, It's not reflecting enough light to be metal, especially since the sun appears to be directly on it...It looks like rock...and since it's rock, probably ancient...The rest of you OP, I'll have to disagree with...except that it sticks out.

edit on 13-2-2013 by isyeye because: (no reason given)
why dont you think its sticking out.the sun is not overhead there are shdows. But not in the supposed hole.
edit on 13-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: more info

link   
Two questions, two:

How big is that shiny thing in the picture?

What does Hoagland have to do with it?

edit on 13-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

because that area retains heat longer. Its about five cm ,the bit which is sticking out ,who knows how much is in the rock.

They wouldn't know anything about a 5cm object

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by draknoir2

Ah Hugo

This may explain it OP
NASA's Curiosity Rover Finds Weird 'Hood Ornament' on Mars
did you look at the pic? Its not hugo, oh dear .

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Lots of embedded hematite on mars.

The drill probably exposed one such deposit. Iron retains heat longer than sandstone.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I was agreeing that it does appear to stick out, but doesn't appear to me metallic.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

It looks like a metal artifact sticking up from the Martian surface. I wish there was some reference to it's size.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

No. that is a hole made by Curiosity's drill bit. It's a percussion drill and a rotary drill, and what you are seeing in you image is a test of the percussive ability of the drill.

By the way, that is a hole -- not an object "sticking out". Below is another image that shows more context. You can tell by comparing the drill hole shadow with other shadows on this other picture taken of the same drill mark that the mark is a hole. The Sunlight is shining up from the bottom of the image:

Here is the story about the drilling:
marsprogram.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here is a succession of images taken by the MAHLI camera on sol 176 during that percussive drill testing process:

Curiostity MAHLI Camera, Sol 176

edit on 2/13/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/13/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

link   

It is a glazed stone. The ridge is shiny from being polished by wind erosion.

link   
It sure does look like a metallic object partially buried in the soil. The angles on it look intentional like it was manufactured. Unfortunately it looks enough like a plain ole rock to be totally ignored and hushed up by those who wish to do so. Good eye though.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Two questions, two:

How big is that shiny thing in the picture?

What does Hoagland have to do with it?

BTW, this looks like a speaker to me:

edit on 13-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: pho-to

edit on 13-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah
he claims evidence of ancient mars civilisation.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
As for the " metallic" appearance, it could be a rock weathered smooth by the elements over time. The straight lines though, are a bit out of place in my opinion.
Any source for the photo?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

No. that is a hole made by Curiosity's drill bit. It's a percussion drill and a rotary drill, and what you are seeing in you image is a test of the percussive ability of the drill.

By the way, that is a hole, and not an object "sticking out". You can tell by comparing the drill hole shadow with other shadows on this other picture taken of the same drill mark. The Sunlight is shining up from the bottom of the image:

Here is the story about the drilling:
marsprogram.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here is a succession of images taken by the MAHLI camera on sol 176 during that percussive drill testing process:

Curiostity MAHLI Camera, Sol 176

they are not the same drill marks,compare the surroundings. It looks like they have been trying to lazer around it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join