It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember The Sunday School Teacher Murderd Shot 6 Times By A Police Officer?(update)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The jury recommends only 3 years!!

**RECAP**

A supposed call was made about a suspicious woman in a church parking lot in Feb. 2012. The suspicious person was Mrs. Patricia Cook. A normal looking 54 year old lady, wife of a preacher sitting in her newer jeep.

Patricia Cook

The murderous police officer named Daniel Harmon-Wright said that he asked Mrs. Cook for her licence and as he reached for it she rolled her window up trapping his arm, then proceeded to drive off. Harmon-Wright states himself that he had no choice but to shoot Mrs Cook in the face twice then shoot her in the back as she drove off for fear of his life and public safety.

However there are at least two witnesses stating that they seen the whole thing clear as day and the story the police officer is telling is not true. Keep in mind these two witnesses were not standing next to each other when this incident occurred and in fact these two witnesses don't even know each other. The witnesses claim that at no point during the police officer's "altercation" with Mrs. Cook was his arm stuck in the window, and that "there was no reason for him to shoot her like that".

The Witnesses stories corroborate with each other and state the following: The police officer had one hand on the door handle and the other hand using his firearm tapping on the window as he threatened to shoot her if she drove off. She did indeed drive off and as she did the officer popped her twice point blank, (one of the rounds hitting her in the face). As the vehicle drove off he stepped into a trained standing firing position and pumped five more rounds into the vehicle, (one hitting her heart and one hitting her brain).

The last five shots all came from behind the unarmed woman SIX OUT OF SEVEN SHOTS HITTING MRS COOK.

Patricia Cook's Jeep

Daniel Harmon-Write

Daniel Harmon-Wright should serve 3 years, jury recommends (ABC News)

CULPEPER, Va. (AP) - Jurors recommended a sentence of three years in prison Friday for a former Culpeper police officer who fatally shot an unarmed woman one year ago. The jury recommended the low end of sentencing guidelines for Daniel Harmon-Wright, who was convicted Tuesday of manslaughter in the Feb. 9, 2012, death of Patricia Ann Cook. He could have received up to 25 years, according to media reports.

It's possible the jury was tampered. That's the only reason I can think of why they would recommend such a low sentence. Really what kind of jury would find him guilty of killing the woman but only recommend three years!?!? They might just as well have found the murderer not guilty, what's three years for murder? What the hell is wrong with people (the jury) man this country has really gone to crap in a lot of ways. I'm really just disgusted.

Related thread.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

-Alien

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
POS cop i hope he gets what is coming to him in jail....

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

The bad cop coward will go to jail.
And like ALL bad cops in jail, will end coughing out a broom handle that was shoved up his arse.
Bad cop, no doughnut!

SnF

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
You see, thats what happens when Guns have COPS.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Harmon-Wright, an Iraq War veteran, had been on the force for five years.

Just another crazy war vet running around murdering people.

Culpepper Virginia...His daddy was probably the judge and half of his cousins were probably on the jury.

If his arm was stuck in the window all he needed to do was shoot the window, the glass breaks and his arm is free, no need to shoot 7 times, I think he is lying.

edit on 10-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Blame the jury, not the system.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Police have double standard when it comes to punishment if they even get any. Even if they are off duty they'll get a slap on the wrist compared to "civillians".

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Although I see 3 years as not much more than a slap on the wrist in this case it isn't going to take more than 5 min. in the right situation for him to never see freedom again. I do not condone this type of jail house activity but it would be naive of me to pretend that it is not a very real possibility.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Here is a video with one of the eyewitnesses to the shooting contradicting Harmen-Wright's version of the story.

Kris Buchele says he saw Harmen-Wright shoot Mrs. Cook to death in the Epiphany Catholic School parking lot at around 10AM February 9, 2012.

Buchele is a carpenter who was working on the house next door. He says he heard loud arguing outside and looked through a window where he had a good view of the school parking lot where he seen Mrs. Cook in her Jeep Wrangler.

-Alien
edit on 2/10/2013 by Alien Abduct because: spelling

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
MANSLAUGHTER FOR REAL MANSLAUGHTER?!?!?!

what the heck kind of message can anyone take from this besides
the fact that this man can be free after only 3 years for murdering
someone! with witnesses!! i don't give a well expletive what job
this man holds, police do not deserve a break when they do
something this wrong, unarmed women who was not even in
a position to harm the officer, she HAS rights and the right to
justice is the only one we could help her with now, but instead
we get this, i am so sick of this complete contempt for the
law as applied to police officers!

While a jury makes a recommendation there is nothing saying
the judge has to adhere to that, he decides sentencing, I
do not care if its dangerous for him to be in prison he should
have thought about that before shooting an unarmed civilian,
there is no excuse, he could have gotten the plate number and followed
her home or set up a road block.... but i guess loitering is a
capitol offense with summary execution being the punishment.
edit on 11-2-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
Although I see 3 years as not much more than a slap on the wrist in this case it isn't going to take more than 5 min. in the right situation for him to never see freedom again. I do not condone this type of jail house activity but it would be naive of me to pretend that it is not a very real possibility.

He will spent his entire time in solitary confinement.

If he doesn't, he will certainly be targeted by other inmates.

It's outrageous how little time he got considering what he did...you get longer for growing a plant or two.

Disgusting.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
Culpepper Virginia...His daddy was probably the judge and half of his cousins were probably on the jury.

If his arm was stuck in the window all he needed to do was shoot the window, the glass breaks and his arm is free, no need to shoot 7 times, I think he is lying.

The "hinky" meter is in meltdown.

The testimony of two witnesses is enough to convict, but the jury recommends a few years? I would very much like to know the identity of the jurors, their relationship with the "players" and see them (hard) interviewed. What-in-the-world were these people thinking?

That jury "recommendation" was an assault on society.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I really feel for Americans as you have such an incredibly unfair legal system - when I read articles like this I shake my head in bewilderment.

I recall the story when it originally happened. As a former Police officer I can tell you the firearms training is very very very specific and it is repeated in the legal subjects - NEVER shoot a fleeing felon. The training is very clear about NEVER shooting a person if they are running/driving/skipping/whatever away from you. Drawing your firearm must be justified such as a direct threat to a citizen or self.

This man will go to jail for three years and I hope it feels like a hundred. He is a cop and they have special cells for cops who go to jail. He killed a woman and prisoners all have mothers and sisters and wives and daughters. My understanding of the jail system is that prisoners do not tolerate the harming of women.

He is a cop (ex now) and he killed a woman - I imagine he might be placed in a special cell all on his own away from the general prison population. He will pay and I don't see his three years going quickly.

Much Peace ...to the victim and her loved ones...guide us in Spirit...
edit on 11-2-2013 by Amanda5 because: spelling

edit on 11-2-2013 by Amanda5 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If you were a cop with complete immunity you'd be killing innocent people for kicks too.

Police Officers here have shot many unarmed people who posed no threat and never served 1 day in jail.

One situation was a Vietnam Vet died and his brother was at the gravestone crying. He had a cellphone in his hand. Somebody called 9-11 that he had a firearm.

Every police officer showed up and they shot him 34 times. He didn't have any type of weapon on him. Just a deadly black cellphone.

Which they created in their minds as a weapon.

This cop in the article got pumped up with adrenaline when the lady drove off. She was scared because he pointed a gun at her.....He got pumping with adrenaline and shot her. I doubt his story his arm was stuck in the window rolled up. Liar Liar....will get off in Appeal and be back on the Force by Christmas.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'd hardly call it justice, but frankly seeing a police officer who murdered an unarmed citizen whilst on duty convicted and sentenced to any jail time at all is something like a miracle.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

How could he shoot this woman in the face and kill her get a recommended sentence like that. The world is way way out of balance.
edit on 13-2-2013 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The legal system is geared up to protect the police, they had to give him a conviction, otherwise there'd been uproar (not that it's stopped them in the past) But made sure it was as lenient as possible, as they usually do.

If police commit crime whilst on duty, then they should get maximum sentance every time. They are supposed to represent the law, and keep people safe. Not abuse the law for their own murderous lulz. Any abuse of that trust should be harshly punished.

new topics

top topics

join