It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Magical Battle for Britain' during WW2 and how the witches of Britain fought the Nazis.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Hope do we really want a UK v America who is best at WW2 competition ?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Of course not, your right.

It was definitely a combination of many brave people all doing their part that won us the war.

Thanks for keeping me in line, I tend to get carried away at times.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I just think it is a really interesting story. Apparently King Arthur and Merlin were called upon. But as I said you have to believe in Wicca and magic and the astral light beings to believe the outcome was real.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Well obviously the witches were not that powerful since it was the good ole U.S.A. that bailed the brits out of trouble.

Not witchcraft.

Britain was all but at the end of her rope before America jumped into the war.

What nonsense, where did you learn your history, the fantasy channel?

America was not even in the war until after the Battle of Britain was won, by Britain. When you joined we invaded and liberated Europe, not Britain.

September 3, 1939 - Britain, France, Australia and New Zealand declare war on Germany.

September 5, 1939 - United States proclaims its neutrality; German troops cross the Vistula River in Poland.

July 10, 1940 - Battle of Britain begins.

September 15, 1940 - Massive German air raids on London, Southampton, Bristol, Cardiff, Liverpool and Manchester.

September 16, 1940 - United States military conscription bill passed.

October 31 1940 - Battle of Britain ends.

November 5, 1940 - Roosevelt re-elected as U.S. president.

December 9/10 - British begin a western desert offensive in North Africa against the Italians.

December 29/30 - Massive German air raid on London.

January 22, 1941 - Tobruk in North Africa falls to the British and Australians.

February 11, 1941 - British forces advance into Italian Somaliland in East Africa.

March 7, 1941 - British forces arrive in Greece.

March 11, 1941 - President Roosevelt signs the Lend-Lease Act.

May 10/11 - Heavy German bombing of London; British bomb Hamburg.

May 15, 1941 - Operation Brevity begins (the British counter-attack in Egypt).

May 24, 1941 - Sinking of the British ship Hood by the Bismarck.

May 27, 1941 - Sinking of the Bismarck by the British Navy.

June 14, 1941 - United States freezes German and Italian assets in America.

July 12, 1941 - Mutual Assistance agreement between British and Soviets.

July 14, 1941 - British occupy Syria.

July 26, 1941 - Roosevelt freezes Japanese assets in United States and suspends relations.

August 1, 1941 - United States announces an oil embargo against aggressor states.

December 7, 1941 - Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor; Hitler issues the Night and Fog decree.

December 8, 1941 - United States and Britain declare war on Japan.

December 11, 1941 - Hitler declares war on the United States.

December 19, 1941 - Hitler takes complete control of the German Army.

January 26, 1942 - First American forces arrive in Great Britain.

[This is when America really entered the war...]

June 6, 1944 - D-Day landings on the northern coast of France.

Your movies make it look like 1944 was the whole war.

www.historyplace.com...

edit on 2/9/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Cool story Helen

I love talking to my old dears about their time in WW2, I may ask one of them about this and I will report to you what they say....I reckon they will laugh about it but who knows.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The USA entering the war had little effect upon the Russian front. It was the notorious Russian winter - the same one that hobbled Napoleon that did it. The Allies opening a second front, through Normandy, may or may not have been consequential in the long term. But in the short term, it was the weather.

As to the OP:

I have long thought that collective thought is a very, very strong force and that it can change circumstance. Strong emotion, in a large group of people, throughout history seems to be one of the factors evidenced in many, many "against the odds" tales from the past.

WWII is a complex timeline to look at, politically speaking and from the Allied perspective. IMO Brittania did distinguish itself quite dramatically before the US reluctantly entered the war, rather late in the game. I've often wondered, in silent horror, what life in London must have been like during the bombings. It must have been surreal and emotionally devastating - something that the British people handled eloquently and with dignity and honor - both during and after.

Thus it doesn't matter, IMO, if witches had any effect or not. Maybe they did? Who am I to say? But if I look at them as symbols for the will and fortitude of the people - as it was manifest, even through the darkest of times? Then that symbol does hold merit to me.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think it's pretty safe to say that the Nazi's were into the occult for many reasons.
There were many cults in Germany during the 1920's and 30's.
The Nazi's stopped at nothing to gain the upper hand, this not only included the persuit of advanced technology but also the arcane arts.
Of course the mystics in the UK would have responded to this great threat.
I would have wanted Crowley on my side.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I totally agree - my family were in London during the war, my Grand father [ God rest his soul ] his step mother was killed by one of those lethal buzzing bombs in Camden. All they found of her was her shoe - under a pile of rubbish, that was her house.

The rest of the family, males were in the war and the women and children and grand parents moved to the Isle of wight, to escape the bombing. So it was odd in that in some ways it was a real time of community in other ways it was hell.
edit on 9-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
I think it's pretty safe to say that the Nazi's were into the occult for many reasons.
There were many cults in Germany during the 1920's and 30's.
The Nazi's stopped at nothing to gain the upper hand, this not only included the persuit of advanced technology but also the arcane arts.
Of course the mystics in the UK would have responded to this great threat.
I would have wanted Crowley on my side.

I would definitely not want to cross Aleistar Crowley or Dion Fortune for that matter.
The Nazis - did all sort of occult things didn't they. They also went in search of power objects like the Spear of Christ [ spear of destiny ?] and the Holy Grail. I find this subject really interesting - all Indiana Jones..

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Here's some good-ol' Amercan 'Witchraft' known as a B-24.

edit on 9-2-2013 by works4dhs because: working on pic

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
She wrote loads of really amazing letters - explaining her path and directing others in the occult to ' fight ' I guess by using the energy in a good way, to win the war and protect Britain.

The initiate of the Greater Mysteries is known by his serenity and impersonal attitude in all the relations of life.

He knows how to be still and let the powers he has set in motion carry out the work.

He knows how to await the ripening of souls and not force a premature development by personal pressure.

The initiate never goes about doing good; he never trespasses uninvited upon the spiritual privacy of another. He acts by what he is, not by what he does.

He works on himself, makes something of himself, and then the forces that radiate from him without effort on his part bless and illuminate.

If he is calm, he calms his environment. If he has wisdom, those who are in his company unconsciously take on his attitude and he has no need to proffer unsolicited advice.

Because he knows the reality of eternity, he is content to let time do its work.

He is characterized by two things, the power to be still and wait, and the power to stand absolutely alone.

From the "Magical Battle of Britain" Dion Fortune.
Letter No. 50, November 24th, 1940

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I think the spear of destiny is now in a norway museum or maybe switzerland.
Wether it is the real one the Nazi's had I'm not sure though.
Magic is a true lost science I think, one day science will rediscover the secret.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
Here's some good-ol' Amercan 'Witchraft' known as a B-24.

edit on 9-2-2013 by works4dhs because: upgrade pic

Yep no argument there

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Britain and Russia were starting to win the war before the Americans joined.

Granted, we would have been screwed if America hadn't sent supplies, but all them joining the fight did was help speed up the victory.

Don't get me wrong, appreciated and all that, but it is incorrect to say we would have fell had America not sent men.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

I know, do people practise magic these days ? i mean have the days of witches passed ?

I mean I think it is very symbolic and formuleuc in the way taht covens seems to have all these symbols for spells.

I think Crowley was arguably a black magician but many say he was not into the dark arts and that he used to just pretend to be - either way he was powerful.

Fortune wrote a great book on Psychic Self Defense that I often dip into.

i don't think the old ways used objects for spells though - i believe there was a time when men were magical and could call on and weave powers and energy but I do not think in any time in our written / known history,

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Some people can only know facts of matters.
Others can know the magic of matters.

There is. A convincing argument that A.Crowley was a british spy who worked to get America in the war to help the british.

I have the book by D. FORTUNE about this. There were communications about the meditations sent out.

I will just say that magicians have always had a hand in critical times in English history. IE Dr John Dee aka the original 007 and the spanish armada.

Communications and espionage are vital to wars and some people do not seem to matter to those logical,discerning, important people concerned with "the Facts of the Matter."
edit on 9-2-2013 by hadriana because: teeny keyboard..trying...sorry.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Some people can only know facts of matters.
Others can know the magic of matters.

There is. A convincing argument that A.Crowley was a british spy who worked to get America in the war to help the british.

I have the book by D. FORTUNE about this. There were communications about the meditations sent out.

I will just say that magicians have always had a hand in critical times in English history. IE Dr John Dee aka the original 007 and the spanish armada.

Communications and espionage are vital to wars and some people do not seem to matter to those logical,discerning, important people concerned with "the Facts of the Matter."
edit on 9-2-2013 by hadriana because: teeny keyboard..trying...sorry.

Yes I read this about Crowley and that he worked with Naval Intelligence with Ian Flemming ?
He was just pretending to be a dark practitioner to shock people - i have heard, but really he was quite a 'master'

I have also read that the man responsible for modern Wicca, on July 31, 1940, as Germany was set to invade England, organised covens from all over southern England to come together to perform a massive ritual to stop Hitler.

It was said that the energy was so intense that five of the participants died . Some have claimed that the these people willingly sacrificed their lives in defense of England.

I don't know the wicca mans name though ? Anyone ?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Have you read the'bones of avalon' by Phil Rickman - it is all about Dee and his visit to Glastonbury - it is brilliant,

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The description that you make of your otherworldly connection to Avalon is very good. I really enjoyed reading it. I know that it might be hard to believe, but I also feel a similar emotional connection to the woods where I grew up in America, but also to some mythic, wooded place, that I could only come close to identifying, after reading Lewis' 'Narnia' books as a child, and then later through the Arthurian cycle of legends, as what must be some lost Britain. I was deeply reminded of those feelings and inner landscapes through your writing, thank you.

I was aware of the recent addition to the history books of Crowley and the gang as magickal spies. It cracks me up to think of bossy Dion Fortune as a sort of drill sargeant, rounding up the witches in to squads with her wand.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots

The description that you make of your otherworldly connection to Avalon is very good. I really enjoyed reading it. I know that it might be hard to believe, but I also feel a similar emotional connection to the woods where I grew up in America, but also to some mythic, wooded place, that I could only come close to identifying, after reading Lewis' 'Narnia' books as a child, and then later through the Arthurian cycle of legends, as what must be some lost Britain. I was deeply reminded of those feelings and inner landscapes through your writing, thank you.

I was aware of the recent addition to the history books of Crowley and the gang as magickal spies. It cracks me up to think of bossy Dion Fortune as a sort of drill sargeant, rounding up the witches in to squads with her wand.

haha yea it would make a great film.
I know what you mean about parts of America, i thought New mexico was full of such energy spots, you know where the veil is thin.

Like you are standing over a vortex and you can feel the source and the connection of all life,

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join