It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber war against alternative news outlets! Look out ATS!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention, especially the staff here at ATS.....

The other day I posted a thread regarding an attack on SGTreport.com. Now it looks as if King World News is under attack.

Is there an active threat against alternative news sources, or do you think these two events are isolated? It wouldn't surprise me if TPTB or some other group sympathetic to their cause started attacking these sites considering the amount of attention alternative news is getting in the MSM these days... hell, it may even be some MSM organization leading the attack. I hope ATS is ready for something like this.

Here is the link to the story, although it isn't really a story, it is more of an observation made by the owner of silverdoctors.com, another great alternative news site.

edit* It looks as if Before it's News was hit as well, which is why I wonder if ATS is next

Link
edit on 8-2-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This isn't a news site.

We'll be fine.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
This isn't a news site.

We'll be fine.

It's an alternative media source, and there is a lot of news here on ATS. Before it's News was hit, and BIN is an ATS wannabe, so if they would hit them they would certainly hit ATS.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
they wont hit ats because this is the diss-info site belonged to them.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

No, it's not a source either.

No one here has media credentials to break a news story or post it here before their place of employment.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

No, it's not a source either.

No one here has media credentials to break a news story or post it here before their place of employment.

Whatever, I refuse to argue minutia with you... the point of the thread still remains.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
We may be attacked, if indeed the other sites are experiencing something other than a coincidence. I am not worried because of our fearless leader and his merry minions. I know from the care given to this site daily and ongoing that he works very hard to ensure we are safe and secure, as do the others on the team.

It would be naive to think that people who have, say a grudge, have not tried to harm this site, and who probably in the course of the time this site has existed, had the skills. SO is a planner, he anticipates.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Know what you mean.
I have been trying for four days to get onto - 12160 social media - and keep getting "browser can't find site you requested".
Just figure they had something someone did not want us to find and closed them down.
Could be wrong but you never know.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
There was speculation in another thread about the probablilty of news outlets coming under attack as an attempt to get the public on board with CISPA. I wonder how much of a coincidence it is that these sites are under attack.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join