It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Macdonald: U.S. media complicit in Obama's drone doctrine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Neil Macdonald: U.S. media complicit in Obama's drone doctrine

www.cbc.ca

Some say U.S. president is waging a 'war on whistleblowers'

In 2001, when Israel started killing militant Palestinian enemies (and, often, innocent bystanders) with missiles fired from helicopters hovering so high you could barely see them, foreign reporters were urged by the Israeli government to call the practice “targeted killing.”

It’s also clear American media outlets are comfortable suppressing news the government does not want published.

History of suppressing sensitive informati
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This article really deserves an entire read, keep the tissues close though.
I mean it won't surprise you, but everything there, for you to read, is a little saddening.

But I'm very glad this article was written
And I request you all to spread it to as many people as you can.
Finally an article that isn't an Obama lovefest masquerading as a critique against him.

But the fact that you still see so many blindly supporting the POTUS is also very sad.
And there's sooo many of them!!!

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Fascism, the media is just another stick in the bundle.

We really are screwed.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
And sadly, confirmation that we are now under totalitarian rule with official staterun media, comes once again from Canada. I saw this last night from, I believe, the WaPo, who is also complicit in hiding news in agreement with the WH. Why bother?

The people that care already know, and have been bleating it from all hillsides. The cool-aid drinkers will continue to massage Obama's rump, all the while making excuses for him.

Never, and I mean NEVER, would you have suspected nearly ALL msm outlets to be complicit with the WH to hide news from the public in AGREEMENT for over a year.

If they have done this once, you can be GUARANTEED they have done it repeatedly.

Now, is there any doubt why Obama assaults Fox news and Limbaugh? If any one of you answers HONESTLY, it will not be because of difference in idealogy, opinion, or anything else. Obama himself gave you the answer in his interview.

Fox News and Rush Limbaugh have repeatedly refused to fall in line with the White House.

How much clearer can that BE?

Some people will never wake up from the cool-aid high.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Its fun to remember the good old days when the left was outraged over Bush's waterboarding and other Gitmo recreational activities. Fast forward to a broken promise to close Gitmo and an over active assassination campaign with no regard to intel gathering or innocent bystanders. Funny, how that is now acceptable to the supporters of this administration. But don't ever mention the cruelty of waterboarding...those captives live to tell another tale.

Had the media really covered Obama's drone fetish for what it really is in the last election, he would not have had a chance.... Then move forward to the latest decree to open up on American citizens without due process and still barely a blink. But at least the left is starting to blink on that issue.

Tells me there is a deeper concern for homegrown terrorists than we know. Makes me think that "The Project" was actually more viable than they first thought.

Go deep down the rabbit hole with the "The project" thecaliphate and the Muslim Brotherhood back in 1982
www.archive.frontpagemag.com...
edit on 7-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
They have a lot on their conscience then.

Child Casualties As a Result of U.S. Drone Strikes

Warning, angels have died and are photographed, names given. This tribute to the children is not for the faint of heart.

edit on 7-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Don't worry, Unity....

Someone will tell us how these children were 'terrorists'.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
"Yet another government document has been leaked, this time a so-called “white paper” in which the U.S. Department of Justice lays out the administration’s justification for killing American citizens it suspects of belonging to Al-Qaeda."

If the administration decides to kill American citizens belonging to AL-CIA-DA, who is going to clean up all the exploded bodies in Washington DC and Langley/Denver? I wonder if they will tape the drone strike they call in on the White House in their apparent suicide?

BTW, the US media is also complicit in the domestic state-sponsored terrorism of 9/11.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Have any of you actually read the white paper?
EVERYTHING they are doing is constitutional. It explains it in depth.
You can be outraged, but it doesn't change the fact everything they are doing is perfectly legal.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Its fun to remember the good old days when the left was outraged over Bush's waterboarding and other Gitmo recreational activities. Fast forward to a broken promise to close Gitmo and an over active assassination campaign with no regard to intel gathering or innocent bystanders. Funny, how that is now acceptable to the supporters of this administration. But don't ever mention the cruelty of waterboarding...those captives live to tell another tale.

Yep, Bush waged war, tortured people, and locked people up at Gitmo. and republicans were perfectly fine with it.
But Obama wages war and locks people up at Gitmo and Republicans throw a hissy fit.

And you're criticizing the left over hypocrisy?

I'm not justifying anyone's actions here. just get the facts straight.
"an over active assassination campaign with no regard to intel gathering or innocent bystanders. Funny, how that is now acceptable to the supporters of this administration." If you actually read the white paper, they are required to have a sufficient amount of intel, they do have regard for innocent bystanders. And there are A LOT more democrats upset with this, than republicans were upset about Bush's war actions.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Have any of you actually read the white paper?
EVERYTHING they are doing is constitutional. It explains it in depth.
You can be outraged, but it doesn't change the fact everything they are doing is perfectly legal.

No its not, its a very very criminally insane interpretation of constitution. Not all interpretations are valid or legal. For example, some things are considered common sense ie. common law type, thou shalt not harm things and humans are expected to know some basic right and wrong. So, in a DICTATORSHIP, national judges will be known to circumvent justice and constitution and uphold pestilence instead.

However, there is a time when the tyranny ends and the international courts call some simple shots, as explained above about basic honest interpretation and common sense. Ie. Nuremberg Trials was something we had research in depth and I had to prepare a report. The real lovely part of it was the Judges declared their so called "legal" documents CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY, and the signatures were admission of guilt. It simplified the sentencing, and many were hung.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It's called state run media. AKA propaganda. This is nothing new here in America.

Also notice the top 3 movies of 2012 were all US propaganda.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by e118882
It's called state run media. AKA propaganda. This is nothing new here in America.

How is the Hunger Games US propaganda?

The Avengers and Dark Knight maybe you can explain, I don't see it. Hunger games, I really fail to see.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by e118882

How is the Hunger Games US propaganda?

The Avengers and Dark Knight maybe you can explain, I don't see it. Hunger games, I really fail to see.

The Hunger Games portrays a two tier society, there is no middle class.

Propaganda? Probably not, but definitely an accurate portrayal of the future of society in America if people don't make a stand and start hanging some of the corrupt officials and the banking elite vigilante style. The Justice system in America is inept, it may as well not exist as it only serves the purpose of the eilite by jailing people for minor offences while the rich steal billions through the banking cartel.

Too big to fail and too big to jail.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
An astute observation coming from the "comments" section below the article by foursquare135:

I would just like everyone to think about how we'd feel if China or Russia were using drones, specifically, to target 'militants' (or more appropriately, people they deem militants) in other countries (which could include the western world). Once the precedent has been set...

I couldn't have said it better myself. At least Seattle has blown the whistle. I wonder what monster our government has waiting for them...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
President Obama has killed more Americans than President Lincoln.

And we're just getting started.

Drones and Directed Energy Weapons have made killing......EASY.

Point....Click....Dead.

WhistleBlower?........Point......Click.....DEAD.

It's never been easier to kill. NOBODY will stop them. It's the END of Free Humans.....with a Right to their very life.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Good article and nice find. S&F. Already says what I knew, but always good to keep the pressure on these wackjobs. Hopefully more people will become aware and stand up for what is right. Unfortunately there aren't enough people who care or aware of the problem to do anything. So if someone or someones tries to stand up, they are marginalized by the media and everyone quickly forgets about them. Or even worse they are used to further the government's agenda of control control control.

new topics

top topics

join