It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Day Without Guns.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I've just had the first hunt sunday this season without any hunters blasting away at anything that moves....YIPEEEEEEE!

This season the hunters have been a REAL pain in the butt and I think shooting in this particular area has at least doubled from any previous year.

It's usual to have pellets raining down on me, my house and my garden quite frequently and the rules and regulations laid down for the protection of the public are broken on a regular basis. Shooting within 150m of a habitation, shooting towards a habitation, passing a habitation with a loaded gun, shooting from a road, these are a few rules that get broken most hunt days.

I've had my cats hunted, dogs running round and crapping in my garden, I was even threatened with a shotgun for interveining when one of my cats was chased by two large, fat, uncontrollable labradors. Police were called.

I was offered a gun by a friend to protect my cats if it happened again but I didn't want to wear a target and give anyone an excuse to shoot ME.

But....nice and peaceful today.

I usually let my cats out around 12.30pm when all the hunters go home to intoxicate themselves over lunch and I get them back in around 3pm when the blitz continues. They are then let back out after dark.

Today they were out all day. It was sunny and they loved their freedom. It's usually horrible to hear them whining at the front door to escape.

A day without guns and no drunk village idiots. Bliss.
edit on 3/2/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Sounds like a pain.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
shouldnt this be in the Rant section.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
shouldnt this be in the Rant section.

No, this is a good day and all is well.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Is the hunting season over? Or was it just a quiet day?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Why what a non-bias completely informed point of view you have. I specifically liked how you didn't pass judgement on a whole group of people or name call people you disagree with.

What a great insightful thread on how much you love cats and hate hunters.

Thank you for taking time out of your hectic day to educate all of us here on this most important of topics!!

SnF!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by nerbot

Is the hunting season over? Or was it just a quiet day?

Feb 28th is the last day I think. Time for a party perhaps.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
Why what a non-bias completely informed point of view you have. I specifically liked how you didn't pass judgement on a whole group of people or name call people you disagree with.

There was no disagreeing with anyone, just telling it how it is, and yes, I am very informed when it comes to hunting rules and regulations to protect myself, my property and my animals. And as far as name calling and passing judgement goes...stupid does, stupid is, and I have met most of them over the years, we are talking about medieval mentality and little intellectual ability. Fact.

What a great insightful thread on how much you love cats and hate hunters.

Glad I got that across, I wasn't too sure if I'd been clear enough.

Thank you for taking time out of your hectic day to educate all of us here on this most important of topics!!

Not hectic, nice and peaceful. Glad you learned something about a victim of a so called right to bear arms and the selfishness that goes with it.

Your sarcasm has put yet another smile on my face, it is indeed a good day.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Sounds like you live in Detroit with all of those drunken idiots running around with their attack dogs.
You sound like a sweet person, why not move out of the city?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by nerbot

Sounds like you live in Detroit with all of those drunken idiots running around with their attack dogs.
You sound like a sweet person, why not move out of the city?

Close....France actually.
And I live in the middle of nowhere among the Cognac vines.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Ahh there we get down to the problem, you see its not the guns that are the problem, it is the French

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Perhaps, but I think it's more about a mentality that is far more reaching than just one country.

Wouldn't be so bad if they were better shots but they are lousy so they make up for accuracy with quantity, especially come nightfall when they are desperate to hit something to give to the wife to prove their machismo.

top topics

join