It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook class action settlement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So I received an email stating basically that Facebook used my personal information to advertise and that I was part of this class action settlement. Looks like I could receive up to $10, woohoo!

Has anyone else received this email or is there anyone out there that has more information about this class action suit?

Here’s the website with the information about the settlement.

www.fraleyfacebooksettlement.com...
edit on 3-2-2013 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Here we go, from the long form.

The Court has decided that everyone who fits this description is a Class Member for purposes of the proposed Settlement:
All persons in the United States who have or have had a Facebook account at any time
and had their names, nicknames, pseudonyms, profile pictures, photographs, likenesses,
or identities displayed in a Sponsored Story at any time on or before the date of entry of
the Preliminary Approval Order [which occurred on December 3, 2012].
In this Notice, Class Members and Minor Subclass Members (defined below in Section 6) will be collectively referred to
as “Class Members.”

So all facebook members prior to 12/3/2012 are "class members"

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

If you or your child have or have had a Facebook account and a Facebook Sponsored Story featured your or your child’s name or profile picture, you or your child may be a “Class Member” in a class action lawsuit (the "Action").

How would you be able to find out if they used your picture?

One thing that pisses me off about Facebook is the fact that no matter how 'secure' you make your account to other Facebook users, people are still able to Google Image your name and find you - Only of course if they actually know what you look like in the first place, but there needs to be an option to opt out of this.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Damn! $10? Boy, do I ever regret not having a FB account now!

Well, congratulations, and spend it wisely....

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

It doesn't matter. If you had a profile on facebook before 12/3/12, you are included in the suit.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

The final amount will likely be less than that. Plus there is a chance that they could just give it to charity.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

The final amount will likely be less than that. Plus there is a chance that they could just give it to charity.

Looking for sad-face emoticon. Aha!

I won $1.88 on the Lottery once. Everyone in my (small) company put in $1 each. Come to think of it, the guy who was in charge of buying the tickets still owes me $1.88. I had plans for that money....

top topics

join