It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm New as a Member, but not New to the Site.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Just as my name suggest “Intrinsic Motivation – The desire to engage in an activity because we enjoy it or find it interesting, not because of external rewards or pressures” is what has lead me to finally join this great website after lurking here for the past 3 years. I want to take this time to say thank you to everyone that has contributed to this site that has helped stimulate my curiosity with a diverse range of topics that I have been researching on my own time of my own free will.

I am a man who has learned to step back outside of the frame to see the whole picture. Like many people here, it did not take long to see that everything is not what we have been lead to believe. Since I was born I have been on a different path. I am not one who feels they have to hide behind an anonymous screen name to speak my mind. In fact my name is Judas, that’s right, the 1 and only. Growing up with this name was a little ruff due to ignorant comments that people make, but hey, it just forced me to sharpen my game at an early age. A moment I can look back on and laugh about nowadays is when I was kicked out of Jr. High School back in 95 for self-defense only to end up at a private Christian school getting “that look” from my bible teacher when I introduced myself to him (the face he made never gets old).

I have lived all over the U.S. and consider America my home, that and the fact that I am of Shawnee decent. 16 years of my life were spent in the North West and Washington will always have a special place in my heart (shout out to the 253). Now I am in North Carolina and I will tell you that as soon as I got here, it felt like I had been here before, and while it is not as fast paced as the cities I have lived in, I can find peace in this slower paced atmosphere. While no one here knows me or my trials and tribulations that I have been through while continually undergoing the process of growth and development, I will say that I have been through many experiences that might have drove the average person insane. I earned some bad karma during my teens due to gang affiliation, but never got caught up. At the age of 21, that karma came back to bite me in the form of a DUI to which I was lost in the system for 45 days in 23 hour lockdown, only to be before a judge that did not know why I was there still and PR’ed me and told me to come back for sentencing. Well I never went back for sentencing and five years later would end up doing another 120 days on that offense, but would end up securing my own release early due to my studying of the RCW’s (Revised Codes of Washington).

Anyways I am not the person I used to be, and I owe that change in perspective to my two children. It is amazing how fast your views change once you are blessed with new life. I am a jack of all trades and it has helped me and mine survive these economic troubles. I have a building background as I was raised with my father being a general contractor, and can construct a home to code from start to finish. It is not what I love to do, but it helps put food on the table. I am at heart, a musician and enjoy the art of creating something in my mind and bringing it to reality, which is why I am good at visioning remodeling projects.

I am an avid reader and can tell you that some of my favorite books I own are: The 48 Laws of Power; 33 Strategies of War; Book of Five Rings; and The Art of War. They have really helped me make sense of past events and keep me protected from those who would seek to manipulate or take advantage of me. These books are what sparked my curiosity in the social sciences. As of now I am working on my bachelor’s in Psychology and I am almost there. After that I will be applying to a law school, what better way to beat a corrupt system then at their own game. Believe me when I tell you from experience that if you do not know the law, you will be taken advantage of by it.

What do I have to offer this site some of you may be wondering? From all the papers I have been writing over the past couple of years, if I am presenting a topic it will be thoroughly researched, properly cited in text as well as a works cited or reference page for everyone to locate instantly anything I am using. Also you will not get any threads or posts from me citing Wikipedia.

My life is an open book, no shame in my game. If you listened to any of my music you would get some insight into me. Some of my personal mottos are “Truth Hurts” but that is all you will get from me, “Still I Rise,” & “Help me, help you, help us.” One thing I will let everyone know is that in the name of stimulating intelligent conversations and getting others to look outside of their construal, I sometimes play devil’s advocate. Do not be confused though, I am not one to come out and attack people because I do not agree with them. I understand that you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot force it to drink. The best way to convince someone of something is by letting them feel that they have arrived at their conclusions on their own.

If there are any questions for me, please do not hesitate to ask; after all, the only dumb questions are the ones that were never asked. To those still reading, I thank you, and I will get those 20 posts in asap. I expect no one here to take my word on what I have wrote here, but my track record I am about to build on this site will be evident enough of who I am. Once again, thank you to all who contribute here and I look forward to helping contribute to a site that has been an active part of my life for the past 3 years.

Yours truly,

The 1 & Only Judas, aka Intrinsic Motivation

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I do apologize for what looks like a wall of text, I indented all my paragraphs in the editor box, but still got what you see here. Can someone please shed some light on how to fix this?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

What are P F K W S
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by IntrinsicMotivation

This is my first ever post on an introduction thread...I simply couldn't resist

Hey Jude!

Welcome to ATS:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Greetings. I hope you enjoy ATS.

I just can't wrap my head around the idea of sending you, Judas, to a Catholic school. That is plain wrong on so many levels.

Judas, you are welcome here!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks for the links JohnnyAnonymous. I will review them later today.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Hello Eletheia, I guess I am honored to be your first in an intro thread out of a thousand + posts you have made. Thanks for the welcome. I have to say I was excited to wake up this morning and log in to begin the journey.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

Thanks for the welcome ibiubu. I have enjoyed ATS for the last 3 years, and it came to the point that I could no longer sit back and read.

As for the private school, it wasn’t bad, the kids were the same as the public school, except they all had $, and we had worship, bible classes and retreats. Without going into that further I just had a great idea for a thread. I can look back at my experiences at that school and say that as I have studied the psychological process of how people become members of a cult, I can draw some interesting correlations. Note that this was not a small school or church.

As for my real name, I love it, and announce it proudly. I have yet to meet another person who has met someone in real life with my name. To be honest it is favorable by the ladies, and once you meet me you never forget me, because the name is unique.

Also to add, I have no regrets of past events I have been through. If I did not go through what I have been through, then I would not be the man I am today.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Welcome Judas! By the way...I LOVE the name. LOL!

I am Split Infinity and I enjoyed reading your post. It is good that you tend to play Devil's Advocate as do so will tend to keep debates and topic Honest.

I have enjoyed this board for a few years now and after reading your post I believe you will make a fine contribution to intelligent debate and conversation here.

I am always available to talk.

Split Infinity...p.s...at least...am available when I am not on tour.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you for the colorful welcome.

P.s. I like the message in your signature. We all have those days where we need to hear something like that.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Thanks for the kind words, & I am glad you enjoyed the read. Just outta curiosity, what kind of touring due you do? Music related? Or is that tour as in vacation?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I am a Musician that has a contract with a Label and have been touring on and off for decades. I am older now and do not tour like I used to but I did a short tour just over a month ago.

I have toured with Aerosmith, Robin Trower, Motley Crew, Heart, Audio Slave and a host of others.

I also help run several Family Companies and I also have a sometimes...JOB that I do when asked but I am sort of retired...but they keep asking so that has me traveling all over.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

That’s awesome; I am trying to get to that level. While rock is not my main genre, I grew up on it and have an appreciation for all music. While I cannot say I have toured with any one famous, my celly from my time spent on that DUI was Mike Starr – Bass player from Alice in Chains. Do you have anything I could listen to? Here goes a link to the music I make, most everything is done by me from start to finish, mix, write, record, produce. I do many collabs, and I think you will enjoy my track “Out to Get Me” feat. a singer/ songwriter from Cali named Aysia.

Here is a link to a sample of some of my music. Judas-Tha 1 & Only.

I am going to be releasing 5 projects this year that I have been working on. There is variety as I try to make something for everyone. Hope there is something you find you like.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I have in the recent past...set up a link to a site that I will try to remember and tellyou about...where I listed a few songs that were recorded in the early 90's that were good but because Music went grunge we decided not to release them.

I have privacy issues and I cannot talk much about myself for several reasons. It took practically an act of GOD to get the Lawyers to OK the listing of those old songs after the guy's gave me an OK.

We were very Big in the 80's and early 90's and still are making Music and doing small tours as I am older. Our style now sounds like a cross between Tool and Zepplin and prior to this it sounded more like a cross between Dio and Zepplin.

I have played all over and at one time enjoyed traveling over seas for long periods but now...I get TIRED! LOL!

I have stayed in shape as being on stage will do that to you and because of my sometimes other...JOB...I work out constantly and enjoy Scuba, Skiing, Crosscountry, I Run but hate doing so, I know a variety of Martial Arts and am very proficient and I weight lift using dead weights as I feel they give you a better work out.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I have listened to the bands and know their vibe; I am trying to imagine the sound. I understand the technical side in your case and it’s cool. I will say I am glad that as an independent artist I do not have to worry about that. Music is powerful, and it should be shared.

I have always been involved in some form of music, from band, to choir, to my current expression through rap. Performing while providing a natural body high that I can compare to memories of steeping onto the football field under the bright lights on them Friday nights is something I have learned to harness. You give your all on the stage; you’re so live, that when you step off it is as if you have transmitted your energy through to the crowd, and it can drain you over time if you’re goin hard every night.

Congrats on your success in music. I would love to have the chance to perform my music to my brothers and sisters around the world.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I will clue you in on the next big thing as we are preparing to do it soon.

Kids today who are under 21 are now hooking up their Big Screen to the internet and connecting to either a private site or a site designed to host many bands....getting some beer and whatever...plus bring some girls to one of their parents cellers and watching and listening as a band plays live once a week.

We have done this as guests and we will do it more often on our own. People find this more inexpensive than going to a club if old enough and safer as far as driving. I know a few big bands such as Stained and Neil Young who are doing this to replace dwindeling concert dates.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I see what you’re saying. With the technology today we can make our own Pay Per View type events. I will look into this. Thanks for the info.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

The money is not in asking for a fee to watch. The real money is in ADVERTISING!

Split Infinity...p.s...what do you play?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Just to let you know...I know Jerry Cantrel and he will NOT bad mouth his now dead buddy for any reason. I was at a large Radio Station who's broadcasts are picked up by stations all over the States and while there I met him.

A fan called in and asked...actually told him they should throw Dwayne out of the band. Jerry got pissed off and said my friend has problems and to just leave him all alone by himself is not what I or the other guy's are all about.

I talked to him as I have had friends who had such issues as Dwayne and I told him that he needed to get some people and grab the guy and lock him up in rehab. Gerry said he just couldn't do it and this was a long standing problem.

Gerry went on tour after his Disc Release and I was him quite a bit and he said his bud was like locked up in his own house. A few years later...he was dead.

Split Infinity

top topics

<<   2 >>

join